• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are Crocs in style?

My son and I both have crocs brand flip flops. They hold up really well. The pair I have is at least 5-6 years old. These are my daily footwear for most of the year.
I also have the traditional style ones that I use in winter as house slippers and also wear them out and about.
We have a crocs outlet nearby and they have all the styles.

I bought my first pair for mine and DH's first trip to Disney (together) in 2006 (thanks to DIS haha), and thought they had pretty much faded from existence till by DD insisted on a pair this spring for softball (the girls love to get out of those cleats when the game is over!). She proceeded to use her own money to buy a second pair this summer. She is 10, so far hasn't worn them much to school, but wears them all the time in lieu of flip flops.

I always thought they were super comfortable but I think for my personal use, my Croc days are over.

That must be why Captain Hook always seems so nervous at the Disney parks: He's surrounded by Crocs.

Anyway, to the original question, I'd say:
I don't think that Crocs have ever been IN style, but paradoxically they've also never gone OUT of style.

I've give you a paradox. Because Crocs are IN style, they just went OUT. So says my elite sources in Paris and Milan. Once models walked those Crocs across the runway, they were subsequently kicked off and given to tourists. C'est la vie, mon ami!

I've give you another paradox:

o-DOC-MARTENS-facebook.jpg

This PAIR OF DOCS MARTINS, get it? Yes, I'll be performing standup at kindergartens across the nation.

My DD is about to wear a pair of Croc flats to her homecoming dance. Due to Covid it's being held outdoors on a lawn, and she figures they will be comfortable and who cares if there is mud?

We have several pairs in use, but mostly the flats/sandals; the only pair of the clogs we have never leaves the house. (They are BRIGHT blue; DD picked them up at a thrift shop.)

They have been back in popularity for over a year now.

A couple years ago, they briefly thought they were going to go out of business. The panic panic buying that ensued got them back to being the most popular shoe company, by sales numbers, last year.

I live in Florida and they're the only shoes I wear besides Flip Flops. We call Crocs "Florida slippers". I always wear them with the strap as I walk out of them without. I know they're ugly and if you said 6 years ago I'd be wearing them I'd have laughed in your face. Well, laugh is on me now. Oh yeah, 61 year old fart.

My step-daughter who is 21, and one of her friends who is also 21 absolutely love them. I have a pair, but the only place I wear them is in the yard, patio, or into the garage to get a drink out of the refrigerator down there.... I would never wear them in public.

I have a pair of the regular ones from when I had heel spurs, they were the only thing that helped me with the pain.
But I also have a couple pair of Croc sandals, they're called the sexy flip, they are so comfortable and have good cushion. They're very stylish compared to the original shoe. They are my go to shoe.
Haha, crocs and sexy in the same sentence. Don’t get me wrong, I love mine but it just made me giggle.

It’s all about the limited edition collaboration clogs and jibbitz, very hot on the secondary market and a huge push from celebrity/influencers on social media. That’s what ‘In style’ means nowadays,

Crocs? My opinion of them has been unchanged for the past twenty odd years. They look cute on small children and remind me of Dutch children in wooden clogs. Anyone over the age of 8 should just forget about ‘em. Of course I feel the same way about Uggs which always make me think of a West Indian phrase called“sawfootclath” that translates to sore foot cloth.
Guess I’m old.

Crocs? My opinion of them has been unchanged for the past twenty odd years. They look cute on small children and remind me of Dutch children in wooden clogs. Anyone over the age of 8 should just forget about ‘em. Of course I feel the same way about Uggs which always make me think of a West Indian phrase called“sawfootclath” that translates to sore foot cloth.
Guess I’m old.
I'm old too I suppose and felt the same way as you until I tried them on a camping trip. They really are the best shoes for around the campsite I've ever had. That's the only place I wear them though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter