Are Regular Bicycles (non-ebikes) Allowed in Fort Wilderness

NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if campers can bring and use their bicycles (not e-bikes) to get around Fort Wilderness? This will save tons of money by doing this instead of renting a golf cart, plus riding a bicycle is great exercise and it is just as quick to get around. Plus bicycles are easier to store and will allow me to still flat tow a toad vehicle.

Definitely!

One "rule" (although I don't know I have seen it enforced) is you need lights to ride at night and kids should have helmets (Florida law, I've been told).

Also, bring a decent lock. While not common, there have been reports of bikes being "borrowed".

j

We did bikes one year, June, never again, I think it rained every evening returning from the parks, 3 tired wet kids was not fun. Ponchos on bikes doesn't work well, GC ever since, our February trip this year was dry, guess it depends on time of year you are going

Big yes to bicycles. We did it when the kids were young and also me and DW alone now (heck that's why I got a front hitch put on my truck - for a bike rack - while I tow the popup behind me).

And I agree with @team bradfield, bikes would be no fun on a summer visit just due to the heat and moisture.

Last edited:

Bikes everywhere, i envy those who are smart enough to bring 'em.

Definitely!

Bring good bike locks and lights (required) if you be riding at night.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter