Are there a lot of resale listings for sale at the moment?

Kwkiwi

Earning My Ears
Have decided to take the plunge and doing a bit of homework on making an offer to buy a DVC contract. Preferred resort is SSR, around 160 points, Dec use year.

Just having a look through the various broker sites, I had a question for those out there that know the ebbs and flows of the listing patterns throughout the year.

There appear to be a lot of listings available for sale at the moment. Is this the normal level or do the listings to sell spike at this time of the year?

My second question, if I had to rent some points on a contract I secure, via someone like davids, are they usually able to rent the whole balance, say 160 points, or do they generally take maybe some of that balance and you are left with a small balance?

Many thanks in advance. Disboards is a great site and resource for all Disney nuts like myself.

Early in the year tends to have the most listings. End of year tends to be least.

There's been a flood of contracts on all the brokers' sites. It seems we may be starting to shift away from the strong sellers' market we've seen since Fall 2017.

There's been a flood of contracts on all the brokers' sites. It seems we may be starting to shift away from the strong sellers' market we've seen since Fall 2017.

Thanks for your responses. I thought there appeared to be a lot of listings. I guess every contract has it's price. The loaded ones with 2017 points should hold their value, not sure about stripped out ones.

I think the significant price increases is helping to pull in more listings from folks that were on the fence.

There appear to be more listings. What I really notice is a wide range of prices on different sites for similar contracts.

My second question, if I had to rent some points on a contract I secure, via someone like davids, are they usually able to rent the whole balance, say 160 points, or do they generally take maybe some of that balance and you are left with a small balance?

In general, David's would like owners to rent who are willing to borrow a few points from future years in order to use up all of the points they list with David's for rental. e.g., If you list 160, they may come back to you with an opportunity to rent 175 (which would require you to borrow 15). You don't have to do that, of course. When you sign up to rent with David's, there is a checkbox with says "I won't borrow" (or something like that) so you won't be offered opportunities to rent where the amount exceeds the number of points you've listed for rent. If you don't want to borrow, you will likely end up with some points that don't rent. This year I rented out 372 points. I was left with 8 points remaining, which I banked. I'll use them for my Feb 2019 trip.

Early in the year tends to have the most listings. End of year tends to be least.

This is correct. There are typically more listings on the market between December - March due to members receiving their annaul bills and for what ever reason, decide it is time to sell.
This has been a trend as long as long as I've worked for The Timesehare Inc.® (almost 20 years now).

Normally between August through Dember is when there is the least amount of resale packages available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter