are these comfortable shoes?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I just received the lands end overstock catalog and saw that they have a sandal called womens crisscross comfort sandal. They are onsale for$19.50 from $29.
Has anyone worn these before at disney? I am on the hunt for a comfortable sandal and thought I might be able to pick one up on sale(end of season) but I have had no luck since Sept. I am not going to the world until Aug but I would love to get a sale. Thanks for any help!!

If it is their Birkenstock knockoff, I would avoid them, not very good in comparison to the real thing. BTW, I have seen lots of Chaco/Tevas on clearance racks in the mall....lots of stores getting rid of summer sandals.

. BTW, I have seen lots of Chaco/Tevas on clearance racks in the mall....lots of stores getting rid of summer sandals.

These are the Dis poll winning Brands for"Most Comfortable Shoe Brands" along with a Nike Sandle.

I've read lots of threads about comfortable sandals, but comfortable is completely relative to YOUR feet. Birkenstocks don't do a thing for me. And personally, I don't care for any brand of sandals in the parks. My feet get too dirty in open shoes, and more than once I've had my tootsie's stepped on when standing in a crowded line. Give me a pair of walking shoes and a socks! :)

I spent a lot of money on a pair of Tevas and can not wear them . They hurt the out side of my foot right at the ankle.

My SO has been telling me for a year that I needed to buy waterproof hiking type sandals for the parks because he loved his so much (he has ones that are called Rock Rivers that we bought at Modells a year ago and they are still going strong despite him wearing them constantly). I, never wanting to admit he might be right, insisted that I needed to get sneakers with strong arch support and into which I could put gel insoles.

However, the new sneakers I bought before my trip caused bad blisters on my heels, and I relented and tried to find sandals before I flew down to Orlando. Couldn't find any hiking type sandals anywhere and I live in New York City where I thought I could find anything on sale at the last minute. So, I figured I'd try and find them in Orlando (but I still was convinced they would not provide me with the same comfort and support as good sneakers).

Long story short (too late!) once we got down there, we drove past a Nike Outlet on 192, somewhere before Marker 8 I think (not sure, could have been a much lower Market number). The prices on sneakers and sandals were FABULOUS and the selection was terrific! I bought a pair of sandals for $30 (and they had much cheaper ones, just didn't have my size), put them on, and I was transported!

I put up with my boyfriend gloating and "I told you so"ing because these sandals are an absolute dream. I've never been able to get through a day at the parks without back pain and foot fatigue and aching calves. But these sandals, despite the fact that they look like they don't have much in terms of arch support, are miracle shoes.

Not to mention that they are they only way to go when doing the water rides at Disney/IOA/Sea World etc. No more saturated socks and sneakers!

I now have traditional footwear to go with my traditional theme park outfit!

My suggestion is you can always wait till you get to Orlando and hit the outlets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter