• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you going to Disneyland before or after your cruise or not at all?

When would you go to DL

• Before cruise

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • After cruise

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
So we were a 'Not At All' this time. Mainly because of time. We are doing the EBPC this time so we only hae the option of going before the cruise and, quite frankly, 17 total days away from home is enough - especially since I am not taking my young 12 yo progeny on this trip. I'm gonna have to rescue Grammy as soon as possible. :rotfl2:

We are going before - the ship sails on Sunday and I am always too nervous to fly in the day of which leaves us with Saturday to play with. Last time we cruised out of SD we ran around down there that day but this time we decided to go to DL instead. We're going to stay up in Anaheim that night and drive down so I plan to close out the park! :thumbsup2 More days would have been better but we went on a lot of trips this year and are out of vacation days after the cruise.

We are going before - the ship sails on Sunday and I am always too nervous to fly in the day of which leaves us with Saturday to play with. Last time we cruised out of SD we ran around down there that day but this time we decided to go to DL instead. We're going to stay up in Anaheim that night and drive down so I plan to close out the park! :thumbsup2 More days would have been better but we went on a lot of trips this year and are out of vacation days after the cruise.

Do you buy your DL tickets beforehand or just buy at the gate (just in case your flight gets delayed or decide not to go the day before your cruise)

I don't combine them since I live in southern California. When I visited WDW and took a cruise on the Dream, I did the parks first. My reasoning was that we would be tired from the parks and would want to kick back on the ship (which we never did).

We are doing the 4/3-night Bajas back-to-back on Disney Wonder the beginning of next month and will be taking the Pacific Surfliner at noon after disembarkation to Anaheim for 3-days at the Disneyland/California Adventure and then flying home on Wednesday out of Orange County.

We are driving to the GCH for 3 nights once we return from our 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise this month. We thought the kids would really be itching to hit the rides after 7 days of sailing with Mickey!

On a side note, I thought it was odd that DCL asks where you are heading after the cruise during on-line check in, anybody else? :confused3

Do you buy your DL tickets beforehand or just buy at the gate (just in case your flight gets delayed or decide not to go the day before your cruise)

Usually I buy them beforehand but since my parents are going on the trip as well I am holding off for now. No chance we will decide not to go... well unless the delay means we don't get in until later that night! My parents haven't been in years and are really looking forward to it even though the time will be short. I need to fulfill a present I was going to give them on a trip that was cancelled a few years ago (I was going to pay for a dessert party for us all) and have booked the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package for us and am set on following through if at all possible on that as well.

I figured Disney has to let the port authority know where everyone is going after the cruise but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone else does. :)

We don't go because my son has been to DL (in-laws live down there) but strongly prefers Legoland these days. But in general, we prefer doing a park before the cruise, not after.

Never done DL because we live here in Southern CA, but in FL we always do the parks before. We prefer to run around like crazy at the parks first then relax on the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter