• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you ready to cruise again

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than answers from the CDC I'd like to hear from Disney as to what their plans are when cruising starts again. Will there be limited capacity? If so, how are they determining who of those booked won't be cruising? Limited capacity in dining rooms/shows? Reservations for pools? Masks on outside? Forced to take a Disney excursion? Must you be vaccinated to cruise? I know what I'm getting and what to expect if I fly now. Not so much with cruising! (Oh, and I'm not ready to cruise now but I will be flying. I have no desire to be in the first wave of cruises and would like to see them sailing for 3-6 months before we cruise. We're booked for Feb 2022 and if it doesn't work out, we'll move it again.)
I don't think Disney can answer those questions until they have a solid idea of when the government will allow cruising to resume. If the government continues to block the resumption of cruising beyond the time when most land-based restrictions are over, just because, "you know, it's well, a cruise and we know they're bad", then by the time (if) cruises eventually resume, there might not be much need for restrictions to passengers onboard. Or if a miracle occurs and cruising gets greenlighted to resume this year, then more restrictions are likely. Since no one knows what will happen, there is no point in Disney releasing theoretical plans for different possible scenarios.

Last edited:
My family... Which will not be fully vaccinated until the end of August for sure.

But while I think about it: there is also Canada's "mandatory two weeks quarantine involving a mandatory hotel quarantine ($$$) until negative tests results" that we have to take into account. Definitely won't travel until they remove that.
Mmmm...Two weeks at the Fairmont Waterfront. I could live with that. The government pays, right?

Lol.

I’m getting ready to book one for this Fall. Most likely the Mardi Gras. I don’t think I want to pay DCL prices for this odd cruising experience. If it cancels will go to WDW again. If they make it easier to travel internationally maybe we’ll look at other options.

We are so ready to get back to cruising, but are going to wait until all restrictions are lifted. We want to go back to cruising as it was pre-pandemic. I personally don't want to go on a vacation where I have to wear a mask, social distance, and all the other nonsense we have to deal with right now. I know its all necessary right now due to the pandemic, but just not fun in my opinion. We did Disneyworld in November 2020, and I could not stand wearing the mask all day.

Last edited:

I’m SO ready to cruise
All in my house fully shot
My employer would still frown on it but seems ok with my trip this fall to WDW
Strange times bring out strange behavior
I do really miss taking at least one cruise a year - I need Castaway as I’m having withdraws !!!

Disney Cruise Line have now released full information about the UK summer sailings which answers some of your questions. Disney Magic At Sea Onboard Experiences

Limited capacity in dining rooms/shows?

Live Shows in the Walt Disney Theatre
  • Reserved Show Times: In order to watch a live stage show inside the Walt Disney Theatre, Guests must reserve a show date and arrival time. Reservations can be made online or through the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app on a first-come, first-served basis beginning 30 days prior to the date you set sail.
  • Show Schedules: To promote physical distancing, each itinerary will offer one West-End-style live show performed multiple times with reduced capacity. 4-night cruises will also include an additional live variety show. Be sure to check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app 30 days before setting sail for more information.
  • Physical Distancing: Seating in the Walt Disney Theatre will be organized to include empty rows and seats between parties to promote physical distancing.
Dining Experiences
Serving up diverse global cuisines and classic casual bites inside themed restaurants peppered with Disney magic, Disney Cruise Line invites you to savor the finest in dining at sea with new enhancements sure to surprise and delight—and promote health and safety.

Dining Times
Dining room seating will be staggered to accommodate physical distancing. Guests will be assigned to the same table and service team for dinner, with one family or travel party per table. Preassigned locations and dining times can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app, and are also printed on the Key to the World cards located in each stateroom. Guests can continue to choose first or second seating times when booking their cruise. Additional offerings for breakfast and lunch can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App.

Digital Menus
Guests will use the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app to view all restaurant menus on board the ship, including menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and when dining at Palo, inside our lounges and bars, and for in-stateroom dining. Paper menus will be available upon request for Guests without a mobile device.

Buffets
For the safety and well-being of everyone, self-service buffets have been temporarily paused.

Quick-Service Dining Food & Beverage Locations
Quick service food and beverage locations still offer all-you-care-to-eat bites and treats, and are served by Crew Members at designated times each day throughout the cruise.

Self-Service Stations
All food and beverages that were previously available at self-service stations will now be served by Crew Members. In addition, physical barriers have been added where it may be difficult to maintain physical distancing.

Royal Court Royal Tea
While little princes and princesses can still enjoy a fairytale teatime experience in a fanciful setting on 3- and 4-night sailings, Disney Princesses will make appearances from a safe distance. In addition, overall capacity for the Royal Court Royal Tea experience has been reduced and only one travel party will be assigned per table. Updates to the assortment of gifts include collectible journals and lithographs, which are temporarily replacing the autograph books. For everyone’s safety and well-being, photo sessions and autographs have been temporarily paused.

Reservations for pools?

Pools, Waterslides & More
Make a splash in freshwater pools, aqua play areas and waterslides designed for kids, families and adults.

Virtual Queue for Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area
To accommodate physical distancing and limit capacity, Guests must join our new virtual queue to access the Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area. Guests join the virtual queue via the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app once they’re on board the ship. When it’s their turn, Guests will receive a push notification on their mobile device requesting they make their way to the Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area, which includes 2 family pools, a kid’s splash area and lounge chairs. As Guests leave the pool area, chairs will be thoroughly cleaned before new Guests make their way in. Towels will be provided.

Face Coverings
Face coverings for Guests ages 11 and older—including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine—are not required while swimming, but are required when navigating the pool areas. Deck chairs and relaxation spaces are pre-arranged to reduce capacity and accommodate physical distancing. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.

Waterslides
Waterslides remain open with queue locations to accommodate with physical distancing.

Splash Zones, Wading Pools and Whirlpools
Splash zones, wading pools and whirlpools are open with limited capacity to accommodate physical distancing.

Masks on outside?

Face Coverings:
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 11 and up) and Crew Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.

Must you be vaccinated to cruise?
  • COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to sail, Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the National Health Service (NHS). The NHS currently defines “fully vaccinated” as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of this vaccination status.
  • Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.
  • Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, including those who have been vaccinated, are required to undergo an antigen COVID-19 rapid test administered by a third party in the terminal prior to boarding. Anyone testing positive will undergo a second test to verify the results. All tests administered at the terminal will be at the expense of Disney Cruise Line. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding.
  • Temperature Checks and Questionnaires: Daily temperature checks and health questionnaires are required for all Guests and Crew Members.

Nope, not until my family is vaccinated so that probably won't be until next year

Am I reading this right that theris no rotational dining—you have the same table in the same restaurant each night?

Have a cruise booked on the magic which is a new ship for us and probably not worth it if we can’t see animators palate and rapunzel’s table.

I am glad they are doing the same show each night to enable more people to have a chance at booking a show, but the fact that it is reservations required still makes me nervous they don’t have enough seats at the show for everyone.

Am I reading this right that theris no rotational dining—you have the same table in the same restaurant each night?

Have a cruise booked on the magic which is a new ship for us and probably not worth it if we can’t see animators palate and rapunzel’s table.

I am glad they are doing the same show each night to enable more people to have a chance at booking a show, but the fact that it is reservations required still makes me nervous they don’t have enough seats at the show for everyone.

I wouldnt jump to conclusions just yet. These new procedures are written mainly for first time UK cruisers, so it may have been easier to word it that way, then to put in the new and unfamiliar concept of rotational dining. My understanding is that you will be given the same table in each restaurant, ie your party is assigned table number 5 in each restaurant. Before Covid, the majority of passengers knew what the words rotational dining meant but the passengers on these cruises will be new to the Disney Cruise experience. When writing marketing information and website copy, the words and phrases used are those which the target market understand and are familiar with.

Ignoring all the political commentary.....

I am very ready to cruise, but I will wait until it is deemed safe to do so, and the cruise lines can formulate a response for when a passenger inevitably tests positive with Covid while on board.
This is US. We know it will take a while for enough people to be fully vaccinated to make cruising with a mandatory vaccination clause possible. We've booked our first in over a year for 18 months out. We feel that is a safe number.

We are ready. We are willing to go with the rules. Right now, I miss sitting on a veranda and watching the ocean. We really hope the NYC to San Juan DCL cruise is a reality. We are ready!
I know what you mean about the veranda. I always wake up before the rest of the family. My grandson learned that I would set on the veranda in the mornings and wait for the others to rise. At 2 yrs old he started joining me (that is when I started with the morning snacks) and this became our time. He is 4 now and has not missed a morning while onboard.

Our normal average is a cruise every four years over the past 40 years and we cruised in October 2019 so to be honest,we aren't even due for another cruise until 2023. Hopefully by then the pandemic will be history. We are set to retire in June and after a decades of work vacation restrictions that make it tough to take more than one week off at a time we are looking forward to longer vacations. And my wife has a long list of non-cruise trips she wants to take, so a cruise may get pushed back because of that.

Absolutely ready. 7 night eastern booked for September 18. Neither my wife or I are vaccinated, have no intentions of getting vaccinated and are in the age group where we should. Went as a group of 11 to Disneyworld in November and no one had any issues or negative result. If per chance Disney would require vaccination then we would not cruise, but these are our feelings, not saying they are right or wrong or trying to force our opinions.

Hopefully Disney ( and the other lines) can start soon. As the previous poster stated it sure appears to be a double standard, and no matter how deep these companies pockets are, they can't continue to absorb the costs of not cruising for eternity. For some lines cruising is it while Disney has theme parks, resorts, DVC, etc to help subsidize the cruise segment.

When they start, we'll be there, if they'll have us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter