Arrived at VGF Today... No Room Available For Me

However, I doubt that Disney is footing the bill on the compensation. In all likelihood, it is being paid for by the VGF condo association, meaning it is coming out of the VGF owners' budget.

I did wonder about who was actually footing the bill. I hope it was Disney and not the condo association- maybe they eat the cost it in the name of customer satisfaction? Even though it was a points only stay Disney knows the customer is still going to spend on tickets, dining, etc and wants to keep them happy.

If they did put the burden on the condo association, I wonder if they would charge the condo "at cost" or for the full boat including Disney's profit (i.e., the $400 meal we had certainly cost Disney a small fraction of that).

I did wonder about who was actually footing the bill. I hope it was Disney and not the condo association- maybe they eat the cost it in the name of customer satisfaction? Even though it was a points only stay Disney knows the customer is still going to spend on tickets, dining, etc and wants to keep them happy.

If they did put the burden on the condo association, I wonder if they would charge the condo "at cost" or for the full boat including Disney's profit (i.e., the $400 meal we had certainly cost Disney a small fraction of that).

I would not expect that one division loses any profits on behalf of another division. In this case I'd feel fairly certain that the expense is charged to the association but I have no verification of that.

We booked a one bedroom villa for two nights at GF for our anniversary. Then my daughter informed us that she and grandchildren needed to fly out the next morning. The five of us would be fine that night and very conveniently they could use the bus service to the airport. When we opened the door, it was a two bedroom! Pixie dust at its best!

At moonlight magic during Orincess this year we were chatting with a Dvc guy. He was talking about how everything is charged at catering costs for it. $75 for an urn of coffee, etc. So I’m guessing that some part of Dvc is paying Dining fully.

Victoria and Alberts would be my first choice!! And for those that have a problem with this? Imagine if this was YOUR Christmas treat for the family and "no room for you". Having witnessed hysterics at the front desk of some DVC members because of some stupid stuff? You all know what I'm talking about, right? Not having a DVC room at the DVC resort you were guaranteed a reservation at? As previously said what if it was YOU? I would be more than willing to pay an extra $20 or so overall to take care of things like this. We had a circumstance where I am sure it was a detriment to DVC, but they were so great...my take on this is the "pay it forward" type of thing. Be happy that someone got taken care of because of an unforeseen circumstance, this could be YOU someday.

That being said....did you go to Victoria and Alberts?
We've seen reports before, I remember an issue at BCV a few years ago where 3 different families reported being bumped. One got BCV concierge, one were bumped back to their home resort of OKW (and told that was the reason) and I forget the third

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter