Arriving Jan 2 - a little help, please?

St.LouisFan

A Dad who loves building memories for his family
We arrive the afternoon of January 2 and would like some advice as to which parks we should visit on Jan 3rd and 4th (Sat & Sun). We don't know what kind of crowds to expect but want to avoid them if possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

St. Louis Fan:)

Welcome to the DIS boards. We traveled January 2-9 in 2000. we found that the crowds were lighter the later in the week. I would recommend MK on Sunday, just because it seems most people do use Sunday as a travel day. When I go expecting large crowds, I tend to go to Epcot, just because there seems to be more room there than other parks.

Thanks for the good advice. We kind of figured that the New Year's crowd would head for home over the weekend and we wanted to miss any crowds from the marathon the following weekend. Any way you slice it, we LOVE to go in January and with both kids in college now, it's the best time for us to take a family trip to WDW. Thanks again.

St. Louis Fan:)

St.LouisFan - I would just caution you that even though Sunday may well be a travel day for many, it's also now early entry day at the Magic Kingdom, so you will see more guests there than you would have on a Sunday a few years ago.

That is when we are going (and Jan. 2 just can't seem to get here fast enough). We have an "extra" day planned into our schedule and we plan on using it Saturday when the parks will be presumably more crowded. Depending on weather or spontaneous decision, we will either wear ourselfs out on Jan. 2 at Pleasure Island and sleep in/take it easy on Saturday, or we will go to a water park Saturday....avoiding the big parks. We plan to make Sunday our first park day. We will start at the MK for early entry and if it gets crowded.....we'll move to Epcot. I like visiting both of these parks on the first day anyway. I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter