Arriving Soon

SSR is our home resort. We have stayed there with our whole family and everyone had a great time. The room sizes are pretty much like all the resorts, except for OKW which has the biggest rooms of all the resorts. We enjoyed the pool, Artist's Pallette and being right next door to DTD. We had our 3 yr old DGD and she loved the main pool. Of course she is a water nut and would love it no matter what type of pool she swam in. The bus service was very good while we were there. We stayed in Congress Park so it was a short 5-10 minute walk to DTD. We love to eat over there, because Earl of Sandwich is one of our favorites. Some people thing the resort is too big and too much walking to the main pool or DTD, but if the weather is nice, we really like to walk and enjoy our surroundings.

We will be back there in September and I can't wait. We are takiing my sister and her husband for their first stay at a DVC resort.

Enjoy! :banana: :mickeybar

San...this one has been talked over many many times recently, so you might not get many replies. That said, its a beautiful resort and I am sure your family will have a wonderful trip.

Its a short walk to DTD and the Congress Park rooms have a fantastic view of DTD at night. If you prefer to be near the center of things, ask for the Springs as it is close to the pool, restaurant, etc. There ARE bellmen there to assist you if you would like that upon check-in. The parking lot is set up more like OKW than a traditional hotel (due to the configuration of SSR - which is more condo than hotel style), but they are there to help if you want it. Every building has an elevator which helps with hauling bags, etc as well.

There is a very nice 5-10 minute path that leads to DTD. If you can't easily find it, ask. I hear the view from the quiet pool is fantastic, especially at night, so do take a stroll over. There is a boat service to OKW and DTD as well which my sons enjoyed a good bit when we stayed at OKW in April.

The Artist Pallet is not a traditional sit down restaurant (currently not one at SSR), but has an interesting selection of foods to try. No typicl burgers and fries, and parts of the menu change daily. There are lots of flat bread type pizzas and other items. Lots of people have reported that you can easily get variations to menu items simply by asking, so do ask!

Bus service sounds pretty good to me with the buses being almost empty a good bit of the time. One of our board members that has a wheelchair had a hard time recently, but hopefully that was a snaffu!

People that don't care for this resort tend to be those that prefer the full service hotel feel. That said, it appears that most people have enjoyed their stays here and I am sure your family will as well. No matter what your taste, its Disney so you know it will be top notch accomidations. The grounds are beautiful, the service has been reported to be fantastic (usually :) we all have bad experiences occasionally) and the rooms are very nicely appointed. Have fun!!!

On our recent stay we chose a room that was close to the main pool and enjoyed it. I have heard that some of the rooms in Congress Park are also close to the main pool too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter