Arusha Savannah view vs. Kudu Trail View

Brandis

DIS Veteran
In october, we are staying in a Savanna-view Studio at Jambo House. On the online check-in page, it gives me the following choices that I can request if I like:

- Arusha Savannah view
- Kudu Trail view
- Sunset Savannah view
- Near Elevator

I have stayed at Jambo House before, in a value studio which had a view of Sunset Savannah.

This time I would prefer Arusha Savannah. But the Kudu Trail View confuses me, I always thought the trails were the designations of the different hotel "wings", like last time, we stayed on Ostrich trail.

So what is the difference between Arusha Savannah view and Kudu Trail View? I actually would prefer Zebra trail, as I would like a room near the lobby, and on Kudu trail, those rooms would be right above the water area with the bird, which I always found to be a bit smelly.

Is Zebra trail on the 5th floor DVC rooms as well? So if I request Arusha Savannah view and "Close to Elevator", do you think my chances are bigger on getting a room on Zebra trail?

Do not use that request section in the on-line check in for DVC. It was designed for regular Disney guests. DVC requests should be made through MS.

As to questions: Kuda Trail is the left wing of the u-shaped building and could be Arusha or Sunset savanna view. Zebra Trail is the right side wing. if you want to request Zebra trail with Arusha savanna view you must make request through MS.

I just found this thread because I was wondering the same thing! I was wanting to request the Arusha and zebra trail, as well. We are renting points through DVC and I'm not familiar with "MS". Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this?

I was quite happy with our room location, we got Arusha View on Kudu trail, not directly next to the lobby, but the last room in the first segment of Kudu trail, right before the lift lobby. But it wasn't too far.

MS means Member Services, so requests for DVC reservations have to be done with them, either by phone or mail.

BUT, MS only deals with DVC Members, so if you are renting points, you will need to ask the member which is renting the points to you to forward your requests to Member Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter