Ask TRACY--Pre Paying gratuities

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
Hi Tracy,

I know we were able to pre pay our gratuities on the last cruise. I know we paid Dreams. I don't remember the amount and how we did it. Could you please refresh my (our) memory?

Thank you,
Kim

Hi Tracy,

I know we were able to pre pay our gratuities on the last cruise. I know we paid Dreams. I don't remember the amount and how we did it. Could you please refresh my (our) memory?

Thank you,
Kim

The gratuities for this cruise would be $48 per person ($12 per night) and would need to be paid through our office. Once you are paid in full, you can submit your prepaid gratuities. You can do this online or by calling our office.

This was a great question....thanks for the info

I have a stupid question.

I feel odd that the cabin steward will get only half the normal occupancy tip because I'm solo in my cabin. They don't expect extra like the single supplement, do they? This is the first time I've cruised in a cabin alone, so it's never come up before.

I have a stupid question.

I feel odd that the cabin steward will get only half the normal occupancy tip because I'm solo in my cabin. They don't expect extra like the single supplement, do they? This is the first time I've cruised in a cabin alone, so it's never come up before.

You only pay for yourself. If you feel like giving more you can. It's the same when you are staying in a suite. I have seen two people stay in a two bedroom suite and they only pay for two people, even though the room will sleep seven.

I don't know what I was thinking of but I was thinking gratuities would be more like $192 for myself and my wife. Do those inlcude everything including servers and everything or was I just being extra generous at that point? Also, if we want to pay online, I assume we just submit a payment under other and mark it for gratuities?

Thanks!

I don't know what I was thinking of but I was thinking gratuities would be more like $192 for myself and my wife. Do those inlcude everything including servers and everything or was I just being extra generous at that point? Also, if we want to pay online, I assume we just submit a payment under other and mark it for gratuities?

Thanks!

Yes, the $48 per person covers the cabin stewards and your three servers in the dining rooms (except Palo.) You will receive little coupons for each of them to put in envelopes at the end of the cruise. It works out to $3.00 a day per person per service person. If you want to give more, feel free. Also if you get room service, they should be tipped at the time you receive your food. I just needed to be reminded of the procedure for the prepay.

Kim

Thanks!

I somehow missed this. It is $12 per day per person for your stateroom host/hostess, head server, server and assistant server. If you want to pay online, just select other and note that it is for prepaid gratuities.

Mission accomplished!
Thank you Tracy.:worship:

Now if we can only get DCL to figure out how to pre-pay a bar tab.:scared1:

I love the idea of prepaying gratuities. Then what happens, do you get vouchers when you check in and then still have to give them to stewards/servers? Thanks.

I love the idea of prepaying gratuities. Then what happens, do you get vouchers when you check in and then still have to give them to stewards/servers? Thanks.

You get the tickets on the last day in the morning usually. You give them out the last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter