Asking CRO about "pin" codes

kidangel

Mouseketeer
Remember the #1 WDW Rule- Ask specific questions!!

I called a few weeks ago to make ressies. I asked about the possibility of a pin code attached to my name, since we've gone 4 times as a family, and stayed onsite twice. I've also ordered the planning video five times in the last eight years and never received one. (not to worry- I've received two since that phone call)

Anyway, the CM told me no, there were no pin codes attached to my name, nor had there been at any time. During the res. process, he pointed out that previously we'd booked through hubby's name, and did we want to keep things that way, etc.

Flash forward to last week, when I called to make the deposit. I'd been thinking about things in the meantime, so I asked a different question- were there any pin codes attached to my ADDRESS?

Well gosh darn, there had been, in hubby's name, one that expired in Dec and one that expired last July (right about the time we booked our trip for Sep 2004, ARRGGH!).

There's still hope for another one closer to our trip next fall. So my advice would be, don't ask about codes attached to your name, ask about codes attached to your address.

I'm starting to think that we ALL probably have PIN codes attached to us somehow that we could use if only we could come up with the right way to ask. :rolleyes: Doesn't it seem ridiculous that they wouldn't have told you that earlier? You'd think they wouldn't want folks to keep calling them with new combinations of ways to ask if there are any discounts available to them.

Congrats on guessing the secret word! :earboy2:

I did not know about these codes being attached to your name, address, etc. So, last night when I read on the boards about them I called right away. The CM I spoke to had no idea how to check on this. I spent a 1/2 hour on hold waiting. She was felt very bad about this and was very pleasant on the phone. She said that she did not even know this could be done. She had to ask someone else to help her with this. Maybe she was a new CM, I do not know. Of course, the end result was that I had no codes attached to me, BUT at least she was able to get me a AAA discount that I had already called about twice before with no luck. I am not sure how much I spent on the phone call (I should have called the 800 #) but at least I saved $350 on my ressies. :cheer2: THanks!!!!

Stupid question, but what are these pin codes for or all about?? Been to the World over 30 times, staying on property, and have never heard about such a thing. Any advantage to having one or whats the deals??

I too called CRO after hearing that they can just look to see if a PIN code is attached to your name. They checked for me and checked for everyone at my address without me even asking. No luck for me though. The person I spoke with said he hasn't figured out yet why some get it and some don't. He said he thinks it is those who don't go often will recieve these codes to get them interested in going. That's just his theory and not Disneys official policy.

pepe of ohio said:
Stupid question, but what are these pin codes for or all about?? Been to the World over 30 times, staying on property, and have never heard about such a thing. Any advantage to having one or whats the deals??

These are codes that they send randomly, and I mean randomly, no rhyme or reason for discounts on your room. There is a pin number attached to it (sent either postcard or email) so that only the person whos name is on it can use it. Meaning if your father gets one, it can't be transferred to you.

Like I said there is no rhyme or reason to how they send them out. Some people seem to get them a lot, others don't. I received one in 2003 and that was the first and so far the last time I have ever had one.

What is the best phone number to call (407 WDISNEY or 1800...)? I got a CM yesterday whom to me just seemed to want to interrogate me? No codes, no luck on discounts--only rack rates for end of June! :confused3

I have never received an email or postcard, but decided to call and see if a pin was associated with my account. I got lucky and was able to secure a good rate for June. However, when I called back to make a change to my reservation, the next CM I talked to couldn't find a code/pin with my account......so, I left my reservation alone. Yesterday, I finalized my plans and this CM found my pin # and was able to offer me a great rate.

We have been to Disney 11 times.....and for the last 3 years straight, so I don't think you get a pin # by not being in WDW for awhile. Who knows how they determine this....but if you have been told once or twice that you don't have anything attached to your name.....keep trying. I really think it depends on who you talk to. Now, I would really like to add the dining plan since I've read that some posters have been able to secure the dining plan with their room only rate......but all 3 CMs I talked to said that it couldn't be done. ::MickeyMo

ceb29, I used both #'s....I don't think that would matter. I believe they go to the same office???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter