AsMo Questions

Noiruk

Earning My Ears
My DH and decided to change our plans and we are now staying in AsMo intead of QII as a treat for the kid's.(so he say's) Before when we were booked for the QII I did all the research and everything else, now the plans have changed he's in full planning mode and taken away my role as the planning junkie (sob, sob)

Anyway I have a few questions to ask so bare with me please.
1. Can we still drive to the park's now that we are on-site ?and if so will it be easier than resort buses?
2. Has anyone hired a fridge? if so are they just regular half fridges or table top fridges and are they worth the extra $$?
3. How bad is traffic leaving Disney in the morning say to go to Universal?
4. Why is he acting like a big kid?
5. Why am I still feeling sick about his?

Anyone have any tip's about the resort?

LOL Cibby,

which I could get my dh interested...

to answer your questions

1. Can we still drive to the park's now that we are on-site ?and if so will it be easier than resort buses?

You can certainly drive to the parks, and you won't have to pay for parking which is a bonus. We tend to drive to all but MK - if you drive to MK you still have to get the ferry or monorail, but the buses take you right to the gates. Other than MK, we like the flexibilty of having our own car so that we can park hop, or leave the site and go shopping etc without any hassle

2. Has anyone hired a fridge? if so are they just regular half fridges or table top fridges and are they worth the extra $$?

I didn't hire a fridge, but we saw a few around and they are quite small. Personally, I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on fridge hire - we bought a cooler from Walmart (I think it was $4) and then filled it with ice each morning - it worked great.

we never found traffic to be bad going anywhere.

4. Why is he acting like a big kid? Not sure I can answer that one, maybe he's getting excited about meeting Mickey?

5. Why am I still feeling sick about his? My advice, start planning the meals, the ps's whatever else you can take control off;)

I think you'll have a great time at the All Stars, it's really fun and there's something really special about staying on-site.

Bev

We hired a fridge the time we stayed at All Star Movies, and it was great to have. I found we spent alot less money on drinks, as they were nice and cold in our room when we returned. We also bought some lunch meat, and bread and made sandwiches for breakfast...there for elimating some of the costs of food. We also froze our bottled water in the little freezer, and it lasted a lot longer then just cold water, not to mention it tasted a lot cooler.
Leslie and Laura

I've hired a fridge before and found it to be very useful. We normally have breakfast in our room (cereal, fruit, yogurt and a coffee) which saves a little bit of money against Disney breakfasts. More importantly it saves us a lot of time first thing in the morning, when we want to be at the parks early to avoid the queues and hot weather of later in the day. This for us is more important than saving a few quid on the cost of breakfast. We have tried the styrofoam cooler filled with ice but found it didn't keep milk, yogurt, ham and cheese cold enough (it was also a right pain to visit the ice cooler two or three times a day). If you only wanted to keep drinks cool I'm sure that the ice box scenario is fine, but not for food in my opinion.

When we first visited WDW fridges cost $4 per night (plus tax) which was OK. Now, however, they have gone up to $10 (plus tax) which soon adds up if you are staying for a fortnight. The frustrating thing is that the exact same model of fridge can be bought at Walmart for about $75. This year instead of renting I am therefore going to buy a fridge when we first go shopping for provisions and save myself 80 bucks!

Regards

Rob

I can't add much to what's already been said, but:

Yes, you can still drive if you want to, and the parking is free for on-site guests. We rely on the buses to get everywhere within WDW except from resort to resort. Yes, you may take a little longer sometimes than if you took your car, but we enjoy the freedom of not having to think about parking, drinking/driving, navigating, etc. Sometimes the bus drivers impart bits of information, and some of them even have a 'party' atmosphere on the bus with quizzes and singing, etc., which can be good fun!

We haven't hired a fridge as we manage with a cooler and ice for the few items we've had in the room - AND we buy the resort refillable mugs for cold drinks (great value).

Sorry, can't help with this.

4. Why is he acting like a big kid?
Because that's what Disney's all about ;)

5. Why am I still feeling sick about his?
Because that's how kids feel when they've had their favourite toy taken away from them ;) Get yourself a new toy to play with that he won't want, like getting clued up on all the little tips from these boards that he won't know about. You can then play your trump card in the parks once you've checked in to ASMo and he's finished crowing about what a good choice he made!
(ASMo is a great resort, so I'm sure he's right!)

Anyone have any tip's about the resort
Buy the refillable mugs!
Request a building not too far from the main areas (Toy Story, Dalmations or Fantasia) so that it's not such a hike to refill your mugs :)
If you want breakfast in your room and need to buy milk/juice, etc. from the resort, buy it in the shop instead of the food court - it's much cheaper.

I have not really got much to add to all that, unles you have any other specific questions. We had 18 nights at the ASM in April this year, and loved every second of it. Have a fabulous time.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter