Assignment time....THE VERDICT IS IN!!! UPDATE!!

Longsx3

DIS Veteran
Well this is our PCS yr, we are currently at Ramstein AB Germany, and the suspense is just killing me! We had the opportunity to go to Yongsan, South Korea but DH turned it down on on Wed :confused3: Hopefully we will know within a few weeks! Air Force gods willing we will be on our way to Hawaii in 6 months :goodvibes

Anyone else moving this year??

YOU would be glad your husband turned down korea if you knew more about it. It is not a great place to live. Good luck with your move.

My husband is in the Army, we are currently stationed at Ft Bliss, Tx (El Paso). We just got orders for Savannah, Ga and we are thrilled!!!! :banana:

I would be thrilled with Savannah too....which happens to be DD's name! If you haven't been there before it is a great place and not far WDW tooo :cool1:

We're retiring this year. LOL, actually DH is retiring.
We're in Mississippi. I can't wait to move. I really want to stay in the South...just not in Mississippi or Alabama.

I have a really good friend in Hawaii. She's looking forward to returning to the mainland. She really can't stand the traffic there. The housing wait list is horrible, and the housing allowance doesn't cover half a rent payment. If you can deal with those things, you may love it there.

Keep us posted!

My fiance is coming off a year tour in S. Korea, I went to visit him & it is NOT a nice place....sending pixie dust your way in hopes you get what location you want.

DH is in the process of retirement for this fall. Hoping to just stay here and he get a GS job, but if that doesn't work out, no telling where we will go. Easier when you have a detailer say "ok, here is your list...pick one".

Another week has gone by without any news on DH's new assignment, I sure hate the waiting game! Maybe this week :listen:

Longsx3 said:
Another week has gone by without any news on DH's new assignment, I sure hate the waiting game! Maybe this week :listen:

I can so relate to what you are going through. I think that everytime my husband is up for orders I am more stressed about it then he is. My husband is due to get orders in August and move about a year from now and I am already to know where we are going. This is his last tour coming up so it could be our perminate home so I want it to be perfect. Anyone know of Perfect USA? :hourglass

Doodlebug939 said:
I can so relate to what you are going through. I think that everytime my husband is up for orders I am more stressed about it then he is. My husband is due to get orders in August and move about a year from now and I am already to know where we are going. This is his last tour coming up so it could be our perminate home so I want it to be perfect. Anyone know of Perfect USA? :hourglass

I wish we would have a year to plan our move, hopefully we will know by the end of the month and we will move in June :headache:

I think I may truly drive my DH insane...everyday at least once, I call Dh in Iraq and ask if there is any news...his answer North Dakota...he thinks it will shut me up!

Longsx3 said:
I wish we would have a year to plan our move, hopefully we will know by the end of the month and we will move in June :headache:

I think I may truly drive my DH insane...everyday at least once, I call Dh in Iraq and ask if there is any news...his answer North Dakota...he thinks it will shut me up!

Your husband sounds a lot like mine. :lmao: And you sound a lot like me :rotfl:

My husband is up for orders in August but we can move anytime from December -March/April. The navy gives sailors a 6-9 month window to look for orders. I would rather have a year out to prepare. Dont get me wrong. I love to move. I will be sad when he retires and I live in the same house for longer then three years. I think I will be even crazier than I am now before a move. :sad2:

Doodlebug939 said:
Your husband sounds a lot like mine. :lmao: And you sound a lot like me :rotfl:

My husband is up for orders in August but we can move anytime from December -March/April. The navy gives sailors a 6-9 month window to look for orders. I would rather have a year out to prepare. Dont get me wrong. I love to move. I will be sad when he retires and I live in the same house for longer then three years. I think I will be even crazier than I am now before a move. :sad2:

If I recall correctly the Navy gives sailors more say so in assignments, at least it seemed that way for the guys DH worked with at STRATCOM. DH has very little input with AFPC, only on paper. His Commander has a little more say so if he doesn't think it is a good assignment for DH...I wish DH could just talk to someone to get a feel for what AFPC is thinking. :rotfl2:

I also like to move, this is the first time that I really wish we could put it off for another year but that won't be happening and so i am ready to get the ball rolling!

The Phone Call came today...we are headed to Okinawa in June/July....but not before we stop to see the mouse! :banana:

Longsx3 said:
The Phone Call came today...we are headed to Okinawa in June/July....but not before we stop to see the mouse! :banana:

Wow! There is a disney in Japan Right? Are you going to make that part of your tour while you are there?

Doodlebug939 said:
Wow! There is a disney in Japan Right? Are you going to make that part of your tour while you are there?

Yep there is Disney in Tokyo and I am already looking at a trip there as well the one in Hong Kong. If we make it to both we will have gone to every Disney in the world :teeth:

Longsx3 said:
Well this is our PCS yr, we are currently at Ramstein AB Germany, and the suspense is just killing me! We had the opportunity to go to Yongsan, South Korea but DH turned it down on on Wed :confused3: Hopefully we will know within a few weeks! Air Force gods willing we will be on our way to Hawaii in 6 months :goodvibes

Anyone else moving this year??
can we trade assignments? I'd glady go back to Ramstein. We were there for 5 yrs living in Dansenberg and loved it! We are in Florida now-hate the heat and the bugs! but good luck on your next assignment.

I hear Osan is a great assignment

I'm sooooo jealous!! I would love to be at Ramstein or Osan. We currently are in the land of OZ! McConnell AFB Wichita, Kansas. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Kansas it's just not for us. My children are always sick and with allergies. We just have no luck in getting an overseas assignment. We were at Ramstein a few years ago on vacation, took a hop. Loved it! In fact we are going back in July! Have fun on your new assignment. Tink :goodvibes

Tinkerbelle32 said:
I'm sooooo jealous!! I would love to be at Ramstein or Osan. We currently are in the land of OZ! McConnell AFB Wichita, Kansas. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Kansas it's just not for us. My children are always sick and with allergies. We just have no luck in getting an overseas assignment. We were at Ramstein a few years ago on vacation, took a hop. Loved it! In fact we are going back in July! Have fun on your new assignment. Tink :goodvibes

Thanks Tink, we have really enjoyed our time here at Ramstein but I am really looking forward to Okinawa and no winter! DD is already asking about trips to Tokyo and China.

Just a warning about coming to Ramstein this summer, Kaiserslautern is hosting world cup games and it is going to be very crowded here... like 100,00 to 200,00 more than normal. They even built a large parking place off the autobahn for people to camp at, it is really going to be crazy here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter