Asta la Bye Bye !!

We had a great time, but then that's a given. Got to visit with Frank (born2fish) and Denise a couple of times and really enjoyed talking with them. It's good to put a face with our on-line chats. :surfweb: We sure hated to leave, but that's the way it goes.

Well, we drove all the way home after leaving the fort. Had a couple of instances on the freeway but kept on movin'. Pulled in the driveway at 12:30 am and realized that the place was dark as a dungeon, no security light, no landscape lights, security system wouldn't respond, garage door no open, guess what.......no juice!! :scared1: Well crap, we haven't had a power failure in over two years and naturally it has to happen when we're gone. DW called the power company and they called us back in about 5 minutes. I did some troubleshooting over the phone but no results. So, in less than an hour later a technician appears in the driveway. Turns out some poor squirrel has fried himself and blew a fuse in the transformer behind the house. And of course we're the only house on that transformer, so no one in the neighborhood has reported it. By 1:30 the yard is lit up like a Christmas tree and we're inspecting for damage. Security system tells us that power was lost at 11:44 am on Wed. Weather has been cool and freezers are full of still-frozen food, what a relief. :woohoo: So, today has been the normal catch-up of laundry :laundy:, yard-work, etc. We're already planning our next trip to the fort. Reservations were made last month and we'll be back in Dec. 2010.

Hope everyone is enjoying their stay.

I'm so happy to see some photos! :thumbsup2 Nice to see the "Fort Fiends" having fun together! :wizard:

Alright!! What's up?? No updates from the Fiends that are there since yesterday morning??? Where do you think ya'll are, Disney World or something??? Get back to those computers, get those pictures uploaded and relax around your site and post!!!

:surfweb:

(Just teasin!! I know how slow aircards can be uploading pictures, and Disney internet ain't cheap!!)

See everybody in a couple of days!!

Security system tells us that power was lost at 11:44 am on Wed.

Hope everyone is enjoying their stay.

I would think the power going out would be one of the triggers for the security system to notify your monitoring company?? Glad you got home safe and nothing was damaged or spoiled!!

What a GLORIOUS day this is , has been , still to come!

As a matter of fact, yes she did leave Jeff behind, some silly excuse about hav'n to study.
Last night a buncha fiends happened down at the marina to watch the fireworks, meet in the park lot, shot the bull, then being two hours past my bedtime, I headed to da camper. But from what I hear , there are a few fine folk who found their way to Seabee's site and try'd to teach each other how to , shall we say, how to drink "ice-coffee" party style, :banana:

This morn Rog, Jeff, an I went fish'n, and yes we actually caught a fish !:thumbsup2 I being the techno tard I am will havta let someone else post pics.

John went to AK, ran into the Wild Bunch, Rog went to MK today, Jeff went to the MK, we went swimming and are now headed out to eat.
Tomorrow we are headed to DHS and Rog may show to :confused3,

I havnt met up with Denny yet but hes over by John, we got to meet Whipperwhil (thats not how its spelled, but you know)I love her 60 rolls of ducttape w/ a gallon of glue, and they are really nice (but sick) folk, got the yuk stuff for a day or so.

Gonna run for supper , will post before bed.

A:confused3nd the Fort is re:confused3asnonably full, just a few sites here an there.

The decorations are really start'n to go up around here now,,LOOKING GOOD :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

YA'LL HURRY DOWN !!

We'll be there...not tonite.....not tomorrow nite....

BUT....

WEDNESDAY NITE!!! :yay::yay:

Save some burgers & hot dogs fer me!! M-m-m-m-m & Pirate Jeff's Mac-n-Cheese!!!! I can't wait!!! :yay::yay:

MORE MORE.... Please post more tid bits of info for those of us who could not be there.. TIA!!!!!

I would think the power going out would be one of the triggers for the security system to notify your monitoring company?? Glad you got home safe and nothing was damaged or spoiled!!

Well, I'm sure it would be a trigger, if we had subscribed to a monitoring company, but... DH installed the system, and it can be activated, deactivated, and checked, via cellphone, but when you are at Disney, and preoccupied, well, you get the picture:sad2: Anyway, it was a great trip, just wish we could have stayed longer.

Well, I'm sure it would be a trigger, if we had subscribed to a monitoring company, but... DH installed the system, and it can be activated, deactivated, and checked, via cellphone, but when you are at Disney, and preoccupied, well, you get the picture:sad2: Anyway, it was a great trip, just wish we could have stayed longer.

Ooops :mad:

Well, since it's supposed to rain ALL DAY tomorrow, we loaded the truck tonite. So the only thing left is to hitch up and pull out.

Depending on the weather I'll hitch up tomorrow nite or early Wed morning, then a few hours of work on Wed, then I'm headin South!!

Well, since it's supposed to rain ALL DAY tomorrow, we loaded the truck tonite. So the only thing left is to hitch up and pull out.

Depending on the weather I'll hitch up tomorrow nite or early Wed morning, then a few hours of work on Wed, then I'm headin South!!

Soo look'n forward to it Carol, HURRY !! :thumbsup2

Don't be catchin all the fish "fishin boy" before I arrive with my secret weapon lures. I'm lookin forward to getting back behind the 300 loop and working the dam area.

Looks like ya'll are having some fun. I came by Saturday and rode around with Rog. Is he behaving?

Good morning ya'll !!

Last night a few folk just kinda happened over at Johns site. Lornaduck came by for a breif hello, as did Cajunpeach. Tigger,n Bama (Kelly) was there, The Great Gonzo(Richard), Kagoguen (Keven), an Homebrew (Denny),an TnBob and can't forget his sweety granddaughter Bailey . And a part of Wild Bunch came by for a quick visit,,Kelly was not feel'n her best last night.
OHHH, an John , Erica , an Matt were there too !!
I'm sure there was MUCH more going on last night, but as I am a early to bed person,,,well,, you get the picture.
I can tell you that a lotta fiends hit parks yesterday,,D Braden an I hung at the Fort. We went to the Fort waterpark (had to do some sliding) and then to the pool cabins pool,,where we met a couple women (from the great state of Texas)who told us about one of the best places to learn about the Fort an Disney, the CAMPING DISBOARDS! She said she's never joined or posted but has lurked for a few years to find her info ,,and thats when we mention'd we do the boards too..I'm always amazed when I meet regular lurkers who don't post.

From loop'n last night I'd guess the Fort is bout 1/2 to 2/3 full, :confused3 Closer to 1/2 .

Talk atch'ya'll later Hava GREAT DAY, we will !!:banana::banana::banana:

HURRY DOWN !!

It seems that most fiends will be hittn parks today, we are going to DHS.

Good morning ya'll !!
It seems that most fiends will be hittn parks today, we are going to DHS.

Mornin', Frank!! :surfweb:

Enjoy "Toy Story" - it is way cool!!

I'll be seeing you tomorrow nite!! :yay: I'm going to come over in the afternoon & get checked in. Not sure if I'll bring the GEM then or wait & bring it over with the MH tomorrow nite. After we get set up, we need to run back home & get Rick's car, cause he has to go to work every day & I don't want to be stuck without a car while he's working. :laughing: Did I say that Rick'll be W-O-R-K-I-N-G??? Too bad....so sad!! I'm mean! Bwwahahahahahaha!!!

Don't be catchin all the fish "fishin boy" before I arrive with my secret weapon lures. I'm lookin forward to getting back behind the 300 loop and working the dam area.

Looks like ya'll are having some fun. I came by Saturday and rode around with Rog. Is he behaving?

I wouldnt think of catch'n all the fish,, everyone knows there has to be some for the Mayor to catch,:thumbsup2

Hey, I heard you were here a few nights back,,Woo'ing the Wild Bunch, :banana: ?

Yeah, Rog is being a very good boy.:scared1:

If anyone is interested, I am gonna try'n hit the marina dock fish'n tomorrow bout 5:AM,,,Jeff said the boats start runn'n at 6:30 AM, so we'll havta be clear of the dock by then. Gonna try'n catch som'a them plate size bream/sunfish under the dock, :confused3 we'll see.
I've also seen some big ol boy shadows under the dock from time to time, be nice to hook into a 5 lb swimmer, :woohoo: !!

5:AM at the Marina dock tomorrow morn,,if we don't get caught, :thumbsup2

If anyone is interested, I am gonna try'n hit the marina dock fish'n tomorrow bout 5:AM,,,Jeff said the boats start runn'n at 6:30 AM, so we'll havta be clear of the dock by then. Gonna try'n catch som'a them plate size bream/sunfish under the dock, :confused3 we'll see.
I've also seen some big ol boy shadows under the dock from time to time, be nice to hook into a 5 lb swimmer, :woohoo: !!

5:AM at the Marina dock tomorrow morn,,if we don't get caught, :thumbsup2

went to the studios this morn, lottsa fun,:thumbsup2
Rog arrived at the DHS as we were leav'n, and when we got back to the bus depot we saw PirateJeffs buggy so he musta been at a park too :confused3.
I forgot to mention , the morn'n after Rog arrived at the Fort, his back went out on him,,he spent most of daylight on lay'n down, we were pretty worried for him there, then that ol Disney Magic slowly kicked in and started help'n him feel better,,it was that or the pain medicine, :confused3.

We do have a few pics to post, but will havta wait til we get home to do it on the home PC,,this lap top thing just dont wanna cooperate.
BUT, if you plead real loud maybe one a the other fine loopers here will post some.
We went by to see if we could find Ami 'n family,,but it is middle of the day,,they werent home , will try later.

I must say this has been a very fullfilling trip gettn to meet and meet up with so many of the fiends. What a wonderful time ! And the weather is just the way I like it,,(sorry Deb) cept maybe a little less humid.
Deb, Carol, Al, Pete, and Jen we still havta meet/meet with again, I hope will be here before we havta pack it up,,I know it'll be close,,ya'll are still do'n batwit, right ?? Don't forget to make a hat !!

HURRY DOWN YA'll !!

I'm just about finished packing!!! Just a few odds & ends that have to wait until tomorrow. I'm sooooooooooooooo ready!!! I probably won't see everyone until Thursday morning, cause once we get the MH set up we need to take the GEM car trailer home & pick up Rick's car so he can go to work while I'm on vacation!!! :thumbsup2

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter