At what age have you quit sled riding, tubing, etc?

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
or do you still do it??
I have to take the kids you know, and um, get a good track going...:o

My husband is 28 and he still LOVES to go sledding. He likes it so much he bought me all the "stuff" for Christmas so I can go with him (Columbia coat, mittens, ear warmer thingy, scarf...). He likes to put Pam cooking spray on the bottom of his sled to make it go faster! :p

BTW, we don't have children...at least you are taking your children sledding. He goes only because *he* likes it!! :p ;)

I don't have kids, but DH (who is 27) LOVES sled riding. There is a park near our house and we usually go every weekend that there is snow! You are never to old to go sled riding!

...as soon as I got old enough to realize that being cold sucks!! :p

That being said, I imagine I'll be spending a lot of years out in the cold with DS. :)

i still would if there was enough snow around here! :p

Until we embarrass the kids by doing it, no wait, that happened when they became teenagers. Never!! We just tried tubing a couple of years ago in Vail and loved it! The problem is there is never snow in SC.

TK

Uh...I am 43 and I still go with the kids! But they are only 4 & 8 so they "need" me. Plus, they like it when I use my weight to flatten down the snow for the path. (Glad my butt came come in handy for something! :) )

I also enjoy it.

Jill

I've never road a sled. I've never rode a tube.:( I'd love to start doing both at age 33, but I guess I need to be around snow to do that.:eek:

My best friend and I still hit the hill. We go at night when there are no little ones around...usually we get the whole place to ourselves.

So to answer the question I have not stopped sledding and don't intend to. :)

I'll let you know. So far I am holding strong and am 40. I figure I got another 30-40 years worth of sledding left in me.

when you die, can't walk or are too scared you might hurt yourself.

i am a die-hard kid at heart and still love to go play in the snow or speed down the hill on a tube. :jester:

I'd do it if we had enough snow. Normally we don't get enough though, but I love it :)

I guess I quit somewhere around my late 20's or so. We don't get much snow at all (some years we don't get any, but this year is certainly the exception!) and I've found that I'm now the coco dispenser-er, injury caretaker, supplier of dry gloves, hats, etc. when everyone goes sledding nowdays. Mostly though, I'm the photographer, can't forget that scrapbook! lol.

I'll stop when my legs wont carry me up the hill any more! Since I am already "over the hill" in age, I guess that means I don't intend to stop until I have to!!;)

Shep...do ya have to stop at a certain age??? Oh geez...nobody told ME!!!! Shhhhh...if I don't hear it I won't have to stop now will I???:teeth:

just wondering if 'older' people still do it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter