Atlantis - using the Comfort Suites "trick" - it works! :)

Did Comfort Inn allow you to add one more, or did you buy the child day pass directly from Atlantis?

Atlantis's direct day rate for a child is $103, but it says taxes and fees will be added to that, but it doesn't tell me how much they are. I was calculating $25 as I hear they're crazy high. If you went that route, is that a safe assumption?

I haven’t called the hotel yet to add a 5th person to my reservation, its on my to do list, I will try tomorrow and post back on here.

While technically this is cheaper and was ready to pull the plug until I went to book. The price of a date we were expecting to be in Bahamas for DCL showed to be 245.98 but then when I went to book it, it added $120.73 making the total for the room $366.71. We are a family of 3 so while it would make sense compared to DCL $205 pp which includes lunch, we still don’t want to spend another $400+ for a day at a water park. That’s just us. Now at $250 sure....I was okay to add transportation each way and a bite to eat. But once again, we’ll be passing. I will say it was cheaper on Choice Hotel’s website than it was expedia/travelocity.

Also, can you not just take a taxi to the water park and buy a pass without “staying” at one of the hotels?? Again, their added fees are questionable such as the hotel added tax and fees which is almost half the amount of the room costs.

I had a question about getting back to the ship, I was thinking that if you did this, could you sneak back on the shuttles back to the ship. The drivers don't check for those group stickers, just the lanyards. The stickers fall off usually anyway. Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:

Also, can you not just take a taxi to the water park and buy a pass without “staying” at one of the hotels?? Again, their added fees are questionable such as the hotel added tax and fees which is almost half the amount of the room costs.

I've never been, but I did find day passes available on Atlantis's website. I'm assuming with a party of 3 that you have 2 adults and 1 child. If so, the rate direct is $417 without "Fees and Taxes", which they don't spell out from the cart. Looks like you have to enter your cc info before they'll give you that total. So the ridiculously high fees and taxes at Comfort Suites is probably still the best option, unfortunately. I'm also torn. There are 5 of us (my family and my mom). My 7-yr old son so wants to "ride on the slide that goes through the shark tank", but almost $600 for one day about makes me choke!

Bump. Will be heading in to Nassau in two weeks on the Magic, can anyone remember, is it the Coral Tower where you exchange the card for the wristbands? On google maps it looks like the Coral is right across the street at the back of Comfort Suites?

Last edited:
Bump. Will be heading in to Nassau in two weeks on the Magic, can anyone remember, is it the Coral Tower where you exchange the card for the wristbands? On google maps it looks like the Coral is right across the street at the back of Comfort Suites?
Did you get to stay at the comfort inn? I just called and they said, they are no longer allowing cruise passengers to book rooms. I was jjust curious, or if this is something they have to say on the phone. The prices are so much cheaper for Atlantis for a family of 4

Did you get to stay at the comfort inn? I just called and they said, they are no longer allowing cruise passengers to book rooms. I was jjust curious, or if this is something they have to say on the phone. The prices are so much cheaper for Atlantis for a family of 4
Sounds like BS to me. But either way, I just have read so many reports of some people having to cough over like another $250 plus in BS fees once they get there at the hotel. So make sure that pricing would really be cheaper for your family. Some report they didn't have to pay extra, while some did. I just couldn't chance it.

strange, I don't see how they can enforce this since you can easily buy a room online at a 3rd party site. One way would be to not hand out your passes at 09:00 and instead wait until check-in at 3pm. Thats too bad if this is a permanent change because I saved about $250 CAD for a family of 5 as have many others for many years. No extra fees when I got there, expedia ensured me this, and the hotel emailed me too insuring me this.

strange, I don't see how they can enforce this since you can easily buy a room online at a 3rd party site. One way would be to not hand out your passes at 09:00 and instead wait until check-in at 3pm. Thats too bad if this is a permanent change because I saved about $250 CAD for a family of 5 as have many others for many years. No extra fees when I got there, expedia ensured me this, and the hotel emailed me too insuring me this.
We too used the Comfort Suites room access back in 2011 and wasn't charged any extra fees. It is just so iffy now. Some say they did, some say they didn't. I wouldn't mind trying it again, but I just won't with such uncertainty.

I will add I went through and did a one night dummy booking and it does say that same day one night bookings will not have access to Atlantis. Now if that means you can't arrive and book a room that day for access or what? But something is off.

I'll also add I would never book a non Disney excursion in Nassau again and I'll explain why. When we got off the boat, wife and three children, two locals approached us inside the port enclosure and told us they could get us a taxi, we waited 10 mins and no taxi came, after arguing a bit we just left and walked outside the port entrance. When we exited we really got worried. There were no taxis anywhere, I couldn't believe it, I thought there would of been dozens of taxis lined up to take our money. There wasn't even anyone directing taxis, not even a taxi stand. All there was were a couple limos and a big safari jeep and some pedal bikes transports. We waited for about 10 mins wondering what to do. Eventually a local came out from nowhere and said he had a taxi van we could hire. Ok great, lets go. We followed him for a bit and then led us away from the port entrance to another parking lot down the street. My wife became very anxious at this point and whispered, where is he taking us?? I told her, you have any better ideas? We eventually got to his van, it had a taxi sticker on it but no way to verify if he belonged to a legit taxi company or not. We got in and agreed on a price $25. One of his buddies jumped in for a free ride, and sat next to one of my kids, the driver told us his buddy worked at Atlantis and would tag along. When we got to the bridge toll booth he told me I had to pay the $2 fee, i didn't argue, I was just happy we were headed towards Atlantis and not somewhere else. Very uneasy experience. Next time, if there is a next time, I will book through Disney Excursions so we have Disney run transportation/shuttle.

I'll also add I would never book a non Disney excursion in Nassau again and I'll explain why. When we got off the boat, wife and three children, two locals approached us inside the port enclosure and told us they could get us a taxi, we waited 10 mins and no taxi came, after arguing a bit we just left and walked outside the port entrance. When we exited we really got worried. There were no taxis anywhere, I couldn't believe it, I thought there would of been dozens of taxis lined up to take our money. There wasn't even anyone directing taxis, not even a taxi stand. All there was were a couple limos and a big safari jeep and some pedal bikes transports. We waited for about 10 mins wondering what to do. Eventually a local came out from nowhere and said he had a taxi van we could hire. Ok great, lets go. We followed him for a bit and then led us away from the port entrance to another parking lot down the street. My wife became very anxious at this point and whispered, where is he taking us?? I told her, you have any better ideas? We eventually got to his van, it had a taxi sticker on it but no way to verify if he belonged to a legit taxi company or not. We got in and agreed on a price $25. One of his buddies jumped in for a free ride, and sat next to one of my kids, the driver told us his buddy worked at Atlantis and would tag along. When we got to the bridge toll booth he told me I had to pay the $2 fee, i didn't argue, I was just happy we were headed towards Atlantis and not somewhere else. Very uneasy experience. Next time, if there is a next time, I will book through Disney Excursions so we have Disney run transportation/shuttle.
I think the boat that would can take over to Atlantis is $4 per person each way, so for the five of you he charged $25. It looks like he charged you $5 each. Is that over the top for pricing? I don't know. But I have heard reports that you might get over to Atlantis with a fair price but then to get back they can price gouge you because they know you have to get back to that boat.

I know there was alot of discussion on here about this so I thought I would share our experience last week.

It works!

I booked a room at the Comfort Suites in Nassau about 6 months ahead of our cruise. It was $219+taxes US$. I did this not for the room (we were only docked in Nassau 9:30-5:15) but for full access to Atlantis.

Our experience was seamless (and a whole lot cheaper than booking an excursion to Atlantis!). We took a taxi to the Comfort Suites, checked in (and out - they know the gig) and got our "cards" to go get wristbands at Atlantis.

We walked across the street, to the correct Atlantis building (this was our one error, we went to the wrong building at first), picked up our wristbands and that was it! Full access to the entire resort for the day. (Waterpark, all pools, all areas)

One note: make sure you have the credit card the room was booked with and your picture ID (needed to "check-in" and to get the wristband). Towels are provided at Atlantis. And of important note to any other Starbucks addicts like myself - Starbucks is right by the Mayan waterslides :)

Unfortunately this is not the case anymore :( We are cruising in October 2020 and was so excited about this forum that I immediately booked a night there for our Nassau day! I booked a one night stay for $189.55+ $119.03 tax + fees = ~$308.58. It would have saved us about $400 for our family of 4 vs booking our Aquaventure through Disney!!! (Current price is $204/adult + $146/kid =$700)
However, on my hotel booking confirmation page, here was a notice in bold letters:

Hotel Alerts
Effective immediately. Same day one night bookings will not have access to Atlantis amenities. Advanced booking is required.
Food and beverage options at this hotel may be limited or unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Starting 11/15/2019 new fees will be apply. The following tax and charges are applicable. 12 Value Added Tax, 11.2 Resort Levy, 5.00 USD per person per day Housekeeping charge, 17.87 USD per person per day Utility Surcharge and 14.56 USD Hotel Service Charge per person per day. 40.00 USD added to the rate for 3rd and 4th adult, plus Valued Added Tax. Children 16 years and over are charged as adults. Children 12 years to 15 years are charges 37.43 USD per child per day (Housekeeping, Utility Surcharge and Hotel Service Charge), not included in total. Restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Free complimentary parking 24 hours.

I am crushed!! I am now looking at booking through a 3rd party called Resort for the Day. Has anyone used them?? I'm nervous booking through a middle man. Their price right now for the low season is $156/adult + $102/child = $518...it still saves us a little under $200 but I'm looking for a bigger discount for Atlantis day passes if I can find it!!

So would it looks like it would still be cheaper to just book 2 nights?

I went back to modify my reservation for 2 nights and here is the breakdown: $259.25 + $210.13 tax + $149.72 fees (added fees together from their site) = $617.10.

This is only slightly cheaper than booking directly through Disney. If you had a large party, this may still work in your favor but this does not work for our family of 4 with 2 kids.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is not the case anymore :( We are cruising in October 2020 and was so excited about this forum that I immediately booked a night there for our Nassau day! I booked a one night stay for $189.55+ $119.03 tax + fees = ~$308.58. It would have saved us about $400 for our family of 4 vs booking our Aquaventure through Disney!!! (Current price is $204/adult + $146/kid =$700)
However, on my hotel booking confirmation page, here was a notice in bold letters:

Hotel Alerts
Effective immediately. Same day one night bookings will not have access to Atlantis amenities. Advanced booking is required.
Food and beverage options at this hotel may be limited or unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Starting 11/15/2019 new fees will be apply. The following tax and charges are applicable. 12 Value Added Tax, 11.2 Resort Levy, 5.00 USD per person per day Housekeeping charge, 17.87 USD per person per day Utility Surcharge and 14.56 USD Hotel Service Charge per person per day. 40.00 USD added to the rate for 3rd and 4th adult, plus Valued Added Tax. Children 16 years and over are charged as adults. Children 12 years to 15 years are charges 37.43 USD per child per day (Housekeeping, Utility Surcharge and Hotel Service Charge), not included in total. Restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Free complimentary parking 24 hours.

I am crushed!! I am now looking at booking through a 3rd party called Resort for the Day. Has anyone used them?? I'm nervous booking through a middle man. Their price right now for the low season is $156/adult + $102/child = $518...it still saves us a little under $200 but I'm looking for a bigger discount for Atlantis day passes if I can find it!!
Could this mean that those cruise ship passengers that book a room on the day they visit? Same day? I don't know, I would be too afraid to get there and have to pay the numerous extra BS fees that some have had to pay, but then some have not? But either way, could this mean walk ups from the ships?

Hotel Alerts

There are day passes sold for like $135 from Atlantis themselves I think.

There are day passes sold for like $135 from Atlantis themselves I think.

I am unable to verify pricing through the Atlantis website right now. It looks like they're temporarily closed but I can check back with them on 5/15 to see if booking a day pass directly would be cheaper than through Resort for the Day.

I am unable to verify pricing through the Atlantis website right now. It looks like they're temporarily closed but I can check back with them on 5/15 to see if booking a day pass directly would be cheaper than through Resort for the Day.
I think they were the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter