August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know more about the wine tasting as well. I don't know the specifics and therefore haven't signed up. We had a wine tasting a couple of years ago on the ship and that is where we met Denine and made a lifelong friend.

Ok, things are really odd here is good ole Southern California today.....first the 4.4 quake rocked me awake (Do Not Panic....it was nothing....this ship moved more than this quake did!)...then I go out to my car to take my DD to school and me to work and the car is ICED over!!!! This is crazy!!! When I lived in the High Desert and got snow I expected icy cars, but down here in the flat lands it is really odd!!!

I think it is because I went back to work. The shock was just too much!!! My lack of napping is interfering with the whole balance of the earth thing. Perhaps I can get the Dr to write me off when I see her today.

Oh by the way Mark....today I get my tattoos for radiation....I am sure you can find a good picture for that!!!!

Hugs to all, can not wait for the cruise!!!! :grouphug:

Laura

Sandy: We will be getting to CA on the 17th. We want to spend a couple of days at DL since we have never been.

Laura: Good luck with the radiation.

We are planning a wine tasting on the Ship of Fools! We have approx 55 so far! Each couple will be responsible to bring one bottle of wine to taste. If information on the wine is forwarded to me no later than August 10, I will put together information on the wines we will be tasting including room for tasting notes! I'm working on the location, date and food for the event. Quite a few who have shown interest are planning to bring regional wines, but almost anything goes!

Update on the wine tasting list:

Winotracy (2)
Kmiles (2)
Winnyis (2)
piglet33 (2)
Bmwdsny (2)
mississaugamom (2)
Mom2Belle&PeterPan (1)
ca-disney-dad (1)
DisneyElf (2)
Sandygirl (2)
WideAwake (1)
Mark&Sandra (3)
Carolsherman (?)
Luv2Dream (2)
eye R.N. (?)
ehtpnt (4)
NYGiantsRule! (2)
YrMajesty3 (?)
paulcrsb (2)
EileenAmI (2)
rsschneck (4)
Otisp (2)
Denise W (1)
Jazzman (1)
Grumbo (6)
Scratch42 (1)
DenverVal (2)
Denine (2)

Any more for the wine tasting?

With some of the people (loonyheads) on this list, I don't know if this event would be appropriate for anyone impressionable, Denine, if you know what I mean.

Just a quick "Hello" to everyone! Been doing quick lurking here today, am getting ready to have my FIL visit for the weekend. Also, getting things ready for dd's 10th bday next in a week and a half. Needless to say, the homestead needs to be picked up...we were lax over the holidays. So, have fun, and I hope to pop in every once in a while!

***Val, I missed that episode too, because I was on these boards!!! Dh watches it, so I'll ask him and get back to you.

***Tracy, YES!!! Let's meet, that is wonderful you will be here! Our family was going to go to the hills to video the Magic coming in for all the the FL to CA DISers("if" it is not during dark hours). Can't wait to meet you guys, and hope Laura and Susan and her bunch come too!!!)

***Laura, you had one he** of a day!!! Make the doctor give you some more posting time at home! So happy to hear you can go to work. PS Are you going to get a DCL tatoo?!! Best wishes with your radiation too. Hugs!

Take care everyone!

Barbara

Laura- I found a t-shirt for you
chick_a_tude_too_sexy.jpg

mark & sandra said:
Laura sent me a photo of her new tattoo, not bad Laura!!

tats15.gif

I'm jealous, neither of my tattoos are that big.

Laura, good luck with the radiation. I have a freeind who went through that about 7 years ago, she said it wasn't the most fun thing she ever did, but it wasn't bad.

kmiles I got this off the other repo thread. There is a winery in St. Pete, maybe you could bring a wine from there for your contribution.
http://www.floridawine.com/introduction.htm

WELCOME TO FLORIDA'S MOST UNIQUE WINERY
AND TASTING ADVENTURE!

Key Lime, Mango, Pink Grapefruit and 25 other fine
Florida Citrus and Tropical Wines

Florida Orange Groves Inc and Winery is a family owned business that had it's beginnings in shipping and packing fresh citrus in the early 1970's in St. Petersburg, Florida. Our location eventually grew to include retail sales of fresh squeezed juice and a gift shop.

Armed with determination and a dream reminiscent of many Florida pioneers, the Shook family started development of their unique wines in 1991. Realizing the importance of striving for exceptional quality, the winery opened its doors in September of 1997 - only after the secrets of making exceptional wine from fruit other than grapes had been discovered. Producing Florida's only ultra-premium citrus and berry wines, we are proud to say that our wines are the only Florida wines allowed to display the Florida Department of Citrus' official mark of superior quality - the Florida Sunshine Tree.

We are licensed as manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of fine wine and premium wine products. All of our premium specialty citrus wines are made 100% from pure Florida Citrus Juice. It can take upwards of nine pounds of citrus fruit to give us enough juice for just one bottle of our Orange Sunshine, Grapefruit, or Tangerine wine. Using a special process of fermentation, aging and bottling we produce true to the flavor wines without any artificial flavorings.

As Pinellas County's first and only winery we were recently the subject of an article in the St. Petersburg Times newspaper. Food critic Mr. Chris Sherman gave the winery and it's products glowing reviews and stated that he wanted to "share the news of the breakthrough in fruit wine quality."

The winery is open for tasting and tours Monday through Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Sunday hours are from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM. We look forward to seeing you then.

YAHOO!!!!!!!

bought our airline tickets today. Thanks everyone for your support and help when I was have my panic attack.

Hey!!!!! nice tattoo, beautiful colors.

Anyone ever find out what happened to Claire on "Lost?" We were in WDW that week and totally missed it! For all you Dominic Monahan ("Lost," "Lord of the Rings" trilogy) fans out there, I got an autographed pic of him from LOR for Christmas! I saw it at that store in MGM (the one with all the props and autographs) and DH got it for me (what a guy!). Now I say "Good Morning Merry!" to him as I pass the tree going out the door.

Laura, Good luck with the radiation! I know we are all thinking of you and wishing you the best. BTW, couldn't you have gotten a tat of the cruise ship instead? :boat: :p

Who is staying at the GC before the cruise? I think DH and I are going to use DVC points to stay there. We've never been to DL, so we figure we'll go all out!

Have a great day everyone!

--Eileen

Good Morning! Thanks for keeping the chatter to a minimum last night. I simply ran out of steam last night and caught myself napping in front of my PC before 7 pm! :earseek: After reading with Lara, I decided I should have a nice hot bath and go to bed early. She and I were sleeping at the same time!

It's a beautiful day today, though. The sun is shining here and it's going to warm up. :cool1: It's also Friday!!! No overtime planned for this weekend, so I'm looking forward to just relaxing and taking down all the decorations at home. Lara's still fighting to keep everything up :rolleyes: so we're leaving her Princess Christmas Tree standing in the family room until she's ready to let go of the holiday season. (Hopefully this will be BEFORE Easter!)

Merry Christmas, Janet! Did you have dinner at your mother's last night??? My sister is living in a Ukranian Seniors' Building in Hamilton where they had Christmas Eve dinner last night. We were invited, but I couldn't face the drive in all the ice and snow left over from yesterday's storm.

Laura - I hope your radiation treatment goes well and is over soon. Good for you going back to work this week!!! Girl; You Are Awesome!!!!!

Have a happy day, everyone!

Arlene

mark & sandra said:
kmiles I got this off the other repo thread. There is a winery in St. Pete, maybe you could bring a wine from there for your contribution.
http://www.floridawine.com/introduction.htm

WELCOME TO FLORIDA'S MOST UNIQUE WINERY
AND TASTING ADVENTURE!

Key Lime, Mango, Pink Grapefruit and 25 other fine
Florida Citrus and Tropical Wines

That's the one I was thinking of Mark!

I've never actually been in. It's one of those road-side oddities, you know, like the worlds biggest ball of twine. They actually have the state road signs that say Winery or Vineyard or something. You see it and go, huh? In Florida?

Anyway, perhaps I'll check it out this weekend and snap some pics for the Winter Season Photo Contest that everyone should enter to possibly win some great prizes!

:tongue:

Hi all - is there anyone here who is taking DCL's transportation from LAX to the port. I currently have a ressie at the HI San Pedro but now DH is not sure if he can get off on the 19th and if thats the case we will be getting into CA late on the 19th. I was thinking it might be a better idea to book a room at a hotel in the terminal and then take the DCL bus.

Does anyone have any information about this.

TIA

Ginny

winnyis said:
Hi all - is there anyone here who is taking DCL's transportation from LAX to the port. I currently have a ressie at the HI San Pedro but now DH is not sure if he can get off on the 19th and if thats the case we will be getting into CA late on the 19th. I was thinking it might be a better idea to book a room at a hotel in the terminal and then take the DCL bus.

Does anyone have any information about this.

TIA

Ginny

I don't think DCL has released any info about the transport from LAX to the port, yet. And it probably won't be a "DCL" bus, thoses belong to Mears in FL. I know there is a bus from John Wayne that drops off at the DL area hotels, I imagine there is something like that from LAX, and I imagine Disney has already been in contact with them or some other bus company. Since you are getting in so late and you already have a reservation at the HI, why not just keep it, we will all still be up that late, it's not that far from LAX to there, I think you would be not saving a whole lot of time by staying at LAX (is there a hotel in the airport?) and going to the peir from there.

I could be wrong!

I just looked at the LAX website, no hotel in the airport. Look here for LAX info: http://www.lawa.org/lax/laxframe.html

Any big weekend plans for anyone?

Not sure what I'm going to do. Although, the Key Lime Martini is high on my list right now. :rolleyes:

kmiles said:
Anyway, perhaps I'll check it out this weekend and snap some pics for the Winter Season Photo Contest that everyone should enter to possibly win some great prizes!

:tongue:

How would pictures of a winery reflect the season. Judges??? Now I was just out freezing my fingers off to get some great pictures of what the season looks like.

f592bf97.jpg.thumb.jpg
f592bf6a.jpg.thumb.jpg

kmiles said:
Any big weekend plans for anyone?

Not sure what I'm going to do. Although, the Key Lime Martini is high on my list right now. :rolleyes:

We're going to Disney on Ice Beauty and the Beast tonight!! Not as good of seats as the Martina McBride concert, but will have to do! I think we're in the 5th row.

Daughter is playing in a hockey tournament. Game tonight at 6 pm, tomorrow at 10 am, Sunday at 7 am (Yech - 1 hour drive to location, 1 hour arrival before game time, which means up around 4:30 am) and game Sunday afternoon if they make the playoffs. Between that going into work on Saturday afternoon for overtime.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter