August 2011

Hi

Thought we would get in on the act...... we have just booked to head back to see the mouse in August 2011

We will be staying at the POR (we love this resort!!!) on 12th to 28th August

I have used this site for the past 4/5 years but have only ever read posts. This time round I thought I would join the DIS as I feel I have learnt so much and share the same love of Disney as all you guys!

My family are all huge Disney fans and our 8 year old DD has only had one vacation that hasn't been to WDW (and that was when she was 9 months old).

We have been in Oct 04, Oct 06, Apr 08, Aug 09 and the holiday is booked for August 11. :banana:

We have already started our dining plans as we too have free DD although only the QS - does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade (not that I know if we will need to as we think the food at POR is excellent) but it may be a consideration as we love CM and CP and have enjoyed Coral Reef, T-Rex, Mama Melrose and dinner at the Contemporary (California Grill) for our anniversary when we were there last time. We also love Raglan Road.... Hmmm - perhaps we will need to upgrade....:confused3

Am looking forward to reading everyones reviews of other dining venues to see if there are any new places we fancy trying.

Here's to the next 10 months of planning.....:dance3:

Hi

Thought we would get in on the act...... we have just booked to head back to see the mouse in August 2011

I have used this site for the past 4/5 years but have only ever read posts. This time round I thought I would join the DIS as I feel I have learnt so much and share the same love of Disney as all you guys!

My family are all huge Disney fans and our 8 year old DD has only had one vacation that hasn't been to WDW (and that was when she was 9 months old).

We have been in Oct 04, Oct 06, Apr 08, Aug 09 and the holiday is booked for August 11. :banana:

We have already started our dining plans as we too have free DD although only the QS - does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade (not that I know if we will need to as we think the food at POR is excellent) but it may be a consideration as we love CM and CP and have enjoyed Coral Reef, T-Rex, Mama Melrose and dinner at the Contemporary (California Grill) for our anniversary when we were there last time. We also love Raglan Road.... Hmmm - perhaps we will need to upgrade....:confused3

Am looking forward to reading everyones reviews of other dining venues to see if there are any new places we fancy trying.

yes you can upgrade,we will be at the CSR and upgraded to deluxe dining,if you are at POR thats a mod and should include the regular dining plan the quick service plan was just at the values

Not sure if anyone here is flying and maybe with Jetblue but they are releasing their August dates on Monday.

Not sure if anyone here is flying and maybe with Jetblue but they are releasing their August dates on Monday.

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup2 Jet Blue is starting direct flights to MCO from our airport (Bradley) in November so I am curious what their prices will be like. :confused: We have never flown them before and right now Delta is offering a non-stop roundtrip flight for $171.00. That will be hard to beat!

Hi

:welcome:

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup2 Jet Blue is starting direct flights to MCO from our airport (Bradley) in November so I am curious what their prices will be like. :confused: We have never flown them before and right now Delta is offering a non-stop roundtrip flight for $171.00. That will be hard to beat!

We have flown with Jet Blue in the past and love it.

we're booked at AKL CL for our disneymoon Aug 14-21!!! :lovestruc 10 more months!

Hi

If you have Free Dining and your at POR you should have reg Free dining not Counter Service. Counter service was values and Reg freedining was Mods and deluxe! Was it a BB offer or the free dining through the disney website they were both the same Free QS for Values and Free Reg TS for Mods and deluxe . Yes you definitely can pay the difference and upgrade from QS to TS or TS to Deluxe. Just an FYI Trex I see is on your List They and Rainforest Cafe are not on the dining plan .What ages are the children going on your trip? This trip we tried Garden Grill for te first time and really enjoyed it! Coral Reef the Lobster Ravioli were great! Very limited menu if you have picky eaters you may want to check out the menu first. Mama Melrose was good but we liked Tony's Town Sqaure much better :) Any questions feel free to ask i'll see if I can help been doing free dining for 5yrs now!lol

We are booked at ASMovies for Aug 19-26. Thinking of switching to Caribbean though. I'm on the fence about the added cost.

Hey Lizzy! the list looks great:) But we have changed to ASMu. My DD's BFF has decided to come with us:banana:, so we are trying out a family suite for the first time. You can change the list, when you get a chance. Thanks and have a great Halloween weekend!:yay:

Kelly

We are booked at ASMovies for Aug 19-26. Thinking of switching to Caribbean though. I'm on the fence about the added cost.

Hey Lizzy! the list looks great:) But we have changed to ASMu. My DD's BFF has decided to come with us:banana:, so we are trying out a family suite for the first time. You can change the list, when you get a chance. Thanks and have a great Halloween weekend!:yay:

Kelly

Updated! Have a great Halloween weekend also!

but I guess we can share it here;) We'll be at POFQ 8/19-8/28 and we are trying to keep it from the kids and surprise them when we're on our way :banana: Problem is the "Vacation Connection" app keeps popping up on our home computer and my nosey 13 year old is asking a few too many questions. We'll have to see how long our "secret" lasts...in the meantime, I don't know what that app is talking about :rolleyes1

Hi,we are on the list but changed out resort we are keeping the same dates but moved from CSR to WL :woohoo:

Jumping in to say "HI"

We will be at Disney Aug.19-28th and staying at POFQ...it's my slighly belated birthday trip (b-day is Aug 14th). Plus, we finally getting to take advantage of free dining.

We went ahead and upgraded our resort. Same dates but we are now staying at CBR.

Jumping in to say "HI"

We will be at Disney Aug.19-28th and staying at POFQ...it's my slighly belated birthday trip (b-day is Aug 14th). Plus, we finally getting to take advantage of free dining.

Early Happy Birthday!! Will keep our fingers crossed and hope POFQ gives you (and us) a fabulous refurbished room to celebrate in ;) Rumor has it - there might even be queen beds :cheer2:

Early Happy Birthday!! Will keep our fingers crossed and hope POFQ gives you (and us) a fabulous refurbished room to celebrate in ;) Rumor has it - there might even be queen beds :cheer2:

Queen beds would be great. I've been following the POFQ thread...the refurb is supposed to be done by April...so hears hoping there are no delays.

POFQ August 22- Sept 1.. I can't wait:cool1: Planning this vacation get me through tough days at work. Disney is my happy place:thumbsup2

we'll be at WL from 08/22-08/29! to celebrate daughter's sweet 16! I think I am more excited than the rest of clan!

but I guess we can share it here;) We'll be at POFQ 8/19-8/28 and we are trying to keep it from the kids and surprise them when we're on our way :banana: Problem is the "Vacation Connection" app keeps popping up on our home computer and my nosey 13 year old is asking a few too many questions. We'll have to see how long our "secret" lasts...in the meantime, I don't know what that app is talking about :rolleyes1

Hi,we are on the list but changed out resort we are keeping the same dates but moved from CSR to WL :woohoo:
Updated!
Jumping in to say "HI"

We went ahead and upgraded our resort. Same dates but we are now staying at CBR.
Updated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter