august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Standard/full size cars are the lowest for my dates today that they have ever been....$139 taxes in, using the Insiders discount and the Visa coupon (8 day rental). We are still holding our standard SUV reservation ($285 taxes in) but these full size car rates are making it tempting to downsize and save $150! Today's rate for the standard SUV is almost $400 :scared: .

Standard/Full (Alamo) are matching the lowest price I've seen and booked. But at this point, I'd like to see them drop down at least a little bit just so I know it's possible! :thumbsup2

Every time I think about not checking prices any more, I find myself checking!!! One of these days it will be lower! :goodvibes

Standard/full size cars are the lowest for my dates today that they have ever been....$139 taxes in, using the Insiders discount and the Visa coupon (8 day rental). We are still holding our standard SUV reservation ($285 taxes in) but these full size car rates are making it tempting to downsize and save $150! Today's rate for the standard SUV is almost $400 :scared: .

Yeah! Thank you for the heads up Gina :) I just checked my rates again 8 days standard and saved $50.00!!! Total is now $140.84

Gina, I guess you might want to go with the slightly larger (?) SUV, but did you see that Intermediate SUV (Ford Escape/similar) is $167/$239 for your dates at Budget?

Thanks rich :) . We really don't need the standard SUV (a midsize would have been perfectly suitable) but the standard, up until a week ago, was way cheaper with Alamo than the midsize :confused:. After a bad Budget experience over Christmas (we were assigned a beat up, high mileage Ford Edge that had been smoked in and the cleaner/deoderizer gave our son an allergic reaction every time we drove somewhere), we would rather avoid Budget this time around and have the ability to pick a vehicle that has been less abused and smells better.

The Edge in December was so bad that the staff at the Budget at MCO must have looked up the vehicle after we took the online satisfaction survey that we received after we returned home. The manager actually contacted me after receiving the survey with a profuse apology to say they had reviewed our comments, identified that the vehicle was not up to their customary standards, and had subsequently retired said vehicle from their fleet. I thought the follow up was good customer service (and we were relieved that no one else would be subjected to that hunk of junk) we are sadly once bitten, twice shy. Alamo has given us good experiences so far, so its a favourite of DH's.

It was thoughtful of you to look up a more cost effective option for us, though!

The Edge in December was so bad that the staff at the Budget at MCO must have looked up the vehicle after we took the online satisfaction survey that we received after we returned home. The manager actually contacted me after receiving the survey with a profuse apology to say they had reviewed our comments, identified that the vehicle was not up to their customary standards, and had subsequently retired said vehicle from their fleet. I thought the follow up was good customer service (and we were relieved that no one else would be subjected to that hunk of junk) we are sadly once bitten, twice shy.

Wow, that brings up another difference between Budget and Alamo. Alamo would have also given you a credit on that rental or a future. In fact, if it had been Alamo and you mentioned it upon returning the car, they likely would have credited you on the spot. That has happened to me with Alamo three times: once I mentioned the fuel tank wasn't quite full -- they gave me an immediate $25 credit. Another time I mentioned that they should look at a tire because I had to put some air in it a couple times. I wasn't looking for anything, just wanted them to know about it. The agent checking me in gave me an immediate $30 credit. And the last time happened on my rental this month. I had a problem where my rate at checkin didn't match my confirmation rate. They not only made up the difference, but credited me another $20 or so for my "trouble". Very nice customer service from Alamo.

And I remember when Alamo was the most hated rental agency in Orlando. I'm going back to the days before they were onsite and had the "world's largest rental facility" offsite. Nightmarish lines there... Times have changed.

Wow, that brings up another difference between Budget and Alamo. Alamo would have also given you a credit on that rental or a future. In fact, if it had been Alamo and you mentioned it upon returning the car, they likely would have credited you on the spot. That has happened to me with Alamo three times: once I mentioned the fuel tank wasn't quite full -- they gave me an immediate $25 credit. Another time I mentioned that they should look at a tire because I had to put some air in it a couple times. I wasn't looking for anything, just wanted them to know about it. The agent checking me in gave me an immediate $30 credit. And the last time happened on my rental this month. I had a problem where my rate at checkin didn't match my confirmation rate. They not only made up the difference, but credited me another $20 or so for my "trouble". Very nice customer service from Alamo.

And I remember when Alamo was the most hated rental agency in Orlando. I'm going back to the days before they were onsite and had the "world's largest rental facility" offsite. Nightmarish lines there... Times have changed.

We've had great rentals from Alamo so far. Our only complaint has been the long lines at the counter, but we are hoping to improve on that for this rental by doing the online check-in and using the kiosk.

I had no idea they used to be offsite. I just learned something new today :goodvibes .

I remember those days well, Rich. Back when it was owned by Vanguard and the owner's before them. They were horrible. Things began to change for the "much better" when Enterprise bought them.

We've had great rentals from Alamo so far. Our only complaint has been the long lines at the counter, but we are hoping to improve on that for this rental by doing the online check-in and using the kiosk.

I had no idea they used to be offsite. I just learned something new today :goodvibes .

Yep, they used to be on Narcoose (sp) road.

I was told that if you do online check in you do not need to use the kiosk. Just bring paperwork to the garage.

Hi just a question if you could help what codes did you use to receive this price on a suv from budget thanks

Gina, I guess you might want to go with the slightly larger (?) SUV, but did you see that Intermediate SUV (Ford Escape/similar) is $167/$239 for your dates at Budget?

Hi just a question if you could help what codes did you use to receive this price on a suv from budget thanks

I always have a hard time checking prices with Alamo I am a member but I usually rent elsewhere because it is difficult checking prices using codes and coupons. Do others have troubles or is it me thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter