August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

That's just it...I didn't do anything! I got an email today that directed me to this site: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/deals/deals-details/featured/free-single-upgrade-20140731.html?iataNumber=AL020141&cm_mmc=Lacek-_-Retail-_-AlamoWeekly_20140806_nonMember_US_EN-_-FreeUpgrade I entered the dates and bam. $163! It looks like it has this coupon code attached: AU5235ASJ But I went through those steps JUST NOW and the rate is now $201 for the same car! Crazy!

Thanks for the link. I just checked and the price is up again. I will keep trying.

My National EA midsize rental for Aug 8-19 is down $50 tonight. I've been checking rates obsessively all day and it just dropped. I know I'll be spending half my day checking car rates tomorrow instead of packing! :eek:

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Costco BCD for budget waives the additional driver fee? If I make a reservation through the costcotravel website, it says additional driver is included. But when I look up the reservation on Budget's site, there is no mention of additional driver fee. I called Budget and the rep said it's not included, but she was totally clueless on other questions I asked her, so I'm not sure if I can trust her answer.

Got our Hertz full size, Aug 16-31 down to $290...fees included, coverage declined. Very happy with this rate.

Tampa - budget rental intermediate size for 9 days - $166 using codes BCD W852875 & MUGZ061

Deb :yay:

I made a reservation with carrentalsavers.com and have a car through Budget.

Using this info I found on another thread about carrentalsavers "Once you get the list of companies, cars, and prices, at the top left, click "Change your search". The page will then scroll to the bottom. Click "All search options" and it'll give you the codes you are looking for. If you want to bypass carrentalsavers, you can book directly with the company you want using the codes listed. "

I looked up the BCD and coupon codes carrentalsavers used for my reservation, which are D420002 and MUGZ022 respectively. According to what I could find by doing a internet search, these codes look like they expired last year.

They are accepted directly on the Budget website, but the price quoted on the Budget website is higher than carrentalsavers. Anyone have any experience renting through them? Should I be concerned? I don't want to get there and find out they won't honor my price.

Checking in tomorrow for Alamo. Got my rate to 193 for 9 days! I'm happy with that! Now, if check-in online, do I go straight to the garage and pick out the car? Thanks!

Checking in tomorrow for Alamo. Got my rate to 193 for 9 days! I'm happy with that! Now, if check-in online, do I go straight to the garage and pick out the car? Thanks!

When I checked in online via Alamo.com it asked do I want to skip the garage and then made me print out a page that had a barcode on top. It said I had to have this to skip the counter and hand it to the person at the gate when driving out of the garage.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I checked Hotwire this morning. Was quoted $18.95 per day for a minivan!! Decided to bite the bullet, book and hope for the best! I got Alamo!!!!! So excited!!

Just checked Budget my rate is down again!! 7 days Aug 26-Sept 2 $113 for a full size!! Used codes BCD#U072700 and coupon MUWZ107. Never thought it would go that low!! Linda :)

Just checked Budget my rate is down again!! 7 days Aug 26-Sept 2 $113 for a full size!! Used codes BCD#U072700 and coupon MUWZ107. Never thought it would go that low!! Linda :)

You're going down the same dates as us! If you're flying out of JFK in the morning chances are we'll be on the same plane!

I'm gonna check prices again... they seem to keep falling every day.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I checked Hotwire this morning. Was quoted $18.95 per day for a minivan!! Decided to bite the bullet, book and hope for the best! I got Alamo!!!!! So excited!!

Nice! What are your dates? I am trying to lower my minivan rental as well. Thanks!

You're going down the same dates as us! If you're flying out of JFK in the morning chances are we'll be on the same plane!

I'm gonna check prices again... they seem to keep falling every day.

We are actually flying out of Hartford CT for the first time, I applied for a Southwest card and received 50,000 miles enough for 3 r/t tickets so we ventured out a little further so we could get direct flights to MCO. We loved flying out of Westchester County Airport up by you when we flew Airtran I was hoping when they joined with Southwest that Southwest would start direct flights out of there. I hope your car rental drops! Linda :)

We are actually flying out of Hartford CT for the first time, I applied for a Southwest card and received 50,000 miles enough for 3 r/t tickets so we ventured out a little further so we could get direct flights to MCO. We loved flying out of Westchester County Airport up by you when we flew Airtran I was hoping when they joined with Southwest that Southwest would start direct flights out of there. I hope your car rental drops! Linda :)

We are going out of Hartford also. If you goolge executive valet and prepay I found parking for $6 a day

I never thought to fly out of Hartford, though I may consider that next time if the prices are right (considering the parking deal the next poster mentioned).

Flying out of Westchester to MCO/TPA is generally excellent for us; 10 minute ride to the airport and it's never a problem finding someone to pick us up/drop us off. Also, there is generally never a need to get there two hours early! Sadly, we didn't hit the sweet spot for rates this time around.

Last time we flew from here we had non-stop Jetblue round-trip into MCO (early morning departure, afternoon return) for like $175pp. Ahh, the good old days of September 2010!

I never thought to fly out of Hartford, though I may consider that next time if the prices are right (considering the parking deal the next poster mentioned).

Flying out of Westchester to MCO/TPA is generally excellent for us; 10 minute ride to the airport and it's never a problem finding someone to pick us up/drop us off. Also, there is generally never a need to get there two hours early! Sadly, we didn't hit the sweet spot for rates this time around.

Last time we flew from here we had non-stop Jetblue round-trip into MCO (early morning departure, afternoon return) for like $175pp. Ahh, the good old days of September 2010!

I saved 500 by doing so. That rates out of the ewr,jfk and lga were crazy. I don't care about the 2 hour drive it's the principle lol

We are going out of Hartford also. If you goolge executive valet and prepay I found parking for $6 a day

That's a great price! Thanks for the info, but we have a morning weekday flight and I was afraid of getting stuck behind an accident or something plus we aren't familiar with the area, so we are staying at the Hampton Inn with a park and fly rate one less thing to stress over. Linda :)

I promised someone I would post here what I found in Alamos premium aisle yesterday. I should have posted right away because now I can't remember all of them. I think there were only 6 or 7 vehicles. I think there were at least 2 Maximas and at 2 Chrysler 300s and a Buick and something else. Most were black which I didn't want. There was 1 gray Maxima but it had cloth interior. We chose a Chrysler 300. It is white, leather interior, keyless, has sat radio. It is a very smooth ride and quiet interior-much nicer ride than the Chrysler 200 I had in May. I just asked my son if he remembers what else as he's pretty into cars but he just said they all looked the same.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter