August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

artesian

DIS Veteran
It's never to early right? My dates are 8/13-21. Sitting at $237 using car rental savers

Haha, I'm not alone! :)

I've been checking for my dates as well (August 22 - September 6, 2015 = 15 days) and naturally they're still high but we'll find deals, that's for sure. :cool1:

I am searching for August 15th-Sept 6th. we only really need the car til the 29th but are doing a Disney cruise and with the cost of shuttles and hassle for our family of 4, we are thinking of just keeping the car and parking it at the port. Right now we have a standard car for $476 for entire 3 weeks. Still looking for much lower.

I'm also looking for Aug 22 - Sept 5. Best I found so far is $368 all in for a full size from Dollar. I checked today and the same car is $755!

Signing up. I just started our search today. 8/23 to 9/6. Sad the National code isn't working. Hoping it will come back like it did last time. :)

I got a mid-size SUV, through Dollar at the Wyndham DTD, 8/12-8/19, unlimited miles all taxes and fees: $245.90 Total thru their city specials...I'll take it :thumbsup2!

Booked 8/22 - 9/1 though Dollar at MCO - City Special - Mid-Sized SUV for $544. Still looking but better than I thought it would be.

I need fullsize car or bigger, from 8/25 - 8/31 MCO-MCO.

First time we have rented a car for a Florida trip (doing Tampa and Universal this time!)... are there any companies to stay away from? We typically rent through Enterprise at home...but we are open to cheapest.

We are flying in to Tampa August 15th week. There are 6 of us this time and prices are crazy high for a van $658.00 is the cheapest I have seen. We might have to book 2 cars to make it cheaper but I would really rather not have to.

I am in ............we are heading to WDW for our annual July/August trip. Going to BLT for 7 nights, HHI for 4 nights then PBR for 3 nights.
Need a minivan this time for a few adults and some grown kids. I think the dodge version should work for us, and it should be the cheapest option.
We will be flying into Sanford this time around, and don't expect as good of a deal on a rental car as MCO :sad: . Will need need it for 2 weeks straight .......14 days .

Anyone have the Alamo codes handy? Cant find the AP code ?

Edit ...........found the Alamo Disney AP holder code. Its 860292

Last edited:
Joining too. Have a trip booked for August 1-8. We have out flights down, still waiting for a better fare home. Haven't started working on rental car yet, but watching.

I got a mid-size SUV, through Dollar at the Wyndham DTD, 8/12-8/19, unlimited miles all taxes and fees: $245.90 Total thru their city specials...I'll take it :thumbsup2!

Just checked my dates and got my mid size SUV a little cheaper...now paying $238.76 total!!

I have a mini van for Aug 14-21 from Dollar at the Wyndham Resort (DTD) using Vacation Outlet (VO5013) corp code, for $335.12. But I keep checking for a better deal.

Last edited:
We had a great rate of $323 for August 10-22 full size car...decided to go a day early. Just adding the 9th jumped the price to $480. >:( OUCH!!! Still searching for a better code.

Thanks for posting this! I just confirmed a rate of $337 for August 11-18. Previously I hadn't found anything below $480. I'll keep hunting since we have awhile, but it's nice to know we have a relatively reasonable rate booked.

Can anyone use the Corporte code VO5013 or will we need to show proof of being part of some membership club or something? Just want to check before I book something using that code.

Just booked out flights and car rental this morning for August. Aug 12 to Aug 21 Standard with Alamo is 279 with the Costco Alamo code and a 30 off coupon. MCO pick up and return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter