August 9, Eastern Magic

Suecot2000

Mouseketeer
I know that there are some August 9 cruisers out there. Are you all getting excited? Have you gotten your documents yet? What excursions have you signed up for? Hoping to see some posts.

We are also sailing on the 8/9 Magic. We have not received our documents yet. Another person in our group has received documents. We are planning to go on the Champagne Catamaran Cruise to St. John.

We are also from Maryland!

We are cruising with another family on 8/9. All together we will have four children with us ds4, dd8, ds7 and ds10. We are hoping they make some friends and enjoy their time on board. This is our 3rd Disney cruise and our friend's first, so we really hope they enjoy it as they are coming at our recommendation. Their 10 year old son is a little hesitant about the kids programs. Are there any other sports loving 10 year olds out there coming too?

See you on the 9th!

I will be having a friend with a DD who is 7 sailing with us. So, far we have signed up for the Beach Day in St. Thomas, we tried to get the Dolphine and Stingray encounter on St. Maarten...sold out BUMMER!

We will have our 8 year old granddaughter and our 9 year old grandson. This is the 4th cruise on DCL we have taken them on. If anyone would like to E-mail either of them before the cruise send me a pm and I will sent you their address, do not live with me. We are going to the butterfly farm, beaches and the tram in St. Thomas this time. Still no docs. Should add that he is 9, but totally into sports.

I am booked on the Aug. 9th Eastern. Will be traveling with my friend.

We have booked the Beach Day for St. Maarten, but are thinking of not doing it. Has anyone done this excursion before?

This is my first cruise. I don't swin so a lot of the excursion I can't do. I don't want to have to pay $45. to go to the beach for 5 hrs. if I can take a taxie for a couple of buck and enjoy another beach. Any thoughts on this?

Also was thinking of taking the Island Drive tour for St. Maarten, but I was told there was only like an hour for shopping. Us women needs more time that that. Thinking of maybe just grabbing a taxi and seeing the French and Dutch side of the islands. Any thoughts?

We are a family of 4 - 15 year-old daughter and 12 year-old son. This is our second DCL cruise, and are doing the 12 metre challenge - did it last time with my daughter, this time all four are in. We just spent 2 weeks sailing a 40' SLOW boat in the BVI's in June, now I want to show my wife and son what a REAL boat can do. As to beaches, we enjoyed Great Bay beach right in Phillipsburg - but, we are beach-people, and not real picky. My son and I are also going scuba diving on St. Thomas - arranged it ourselves with Coki Beach Dive club. Also, no docs.....yet.

Steve :bounce:

My 14 yr old son and I will be on the August 9th cruise, too. We got our documents at the beginning of last week. We are traveling with AnitaD and her family. It's the first cruise for all of us, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Got mine today, and just in the nick of time. Something new this year, a form that has to be notorized if you are taking somone elses kids, we take our grandchildren. My daughter lives in Maryland and I have to send her the form so she can get it done and ready when we pick up the kids Sunday, 8/3, flying out of BWI Monday morning. She always gave me a letter with permission but no body ever asked to see it. Hope now that it is official someone will look at it.

Hello,
We are also cruising on the 9th of August. This will be our 4th
disney cruise. Our excursion is the golden eagle catamaran in st. maarten. We are also doing Palo for adults only!!!!
I also have a 13 year old daughter that wants to check out Common Grounds.. All of you cruisers, have a wonderful time and look forward to maybe meeting some of you. :smooth:

Hi everyone
I'm traveling with a group of 8- a friend, my parents, my sister (14) and another family. This my family's 4th time on the Magic. We're doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten, but we're still undecided about St Thomas.

Received our documents yesterday!! I just read the posts on this thread, Markey also has a Maryland connection!!

My connection is that my daughter lives south of Baltimore at Ft. Meade, she had been in the Marine Corps for 11 years and this is the closest she has ever been to home, California and North Carolina before. That is where we will pick up our grandkids and fly out of BWI on Monday, 8/4. Doing Clearwater Beach and Universal before the cruise.

I'm heading to the travel agent today to pick up travel documents. YEAH! Just don't understand why they are so slow in sending them. Great to hear of so many crusiers with the Maryland connection. I'll be flying out of BWI on August 7 and spending 2 days at WDW before the cruise. I have second seating for dinner and staying on Deck 2. (Just love the big portholes). I hope to bump into some of the DISers on board!

Another Marylander chimes in.......we're from Carroll County.......YAHOO! got our docs yesterday too! tick tick tick.........waiting..............:bounce:

I've got a Maryland connection too! My husband is from there, my best friend lives there, and I was stationed at Fort Meade twice while I was in the Army. I've got quite a soft spot in my heart for Maryland!

We are on deck 2 also, but 1st seating. Could not get the same cabin we had in 2001 and 2002. Just know my grandkids will be trying to use their keys on someone elses door!

August 9 must be a Maryland cruise! We are from Howard County!

My family: DD18, DS15, DH and me are driving Aug 7-8 to be on Aug 9 cruise. We are doing 12-metre in St. Maartin, St. John tour out of St. Thomas and kids are doing Wild Thing on CC.

My son's friends family: boy 15, daughter 12(?), maybe son 20 and mom & dad are also going. Not sure of their excursions.

We all have 2nd seating and (we hope) have linked dinner seatings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter