August W.I.S.H. Challenge - The Sunday of Summer

That is a great article. I spent a lot of time yesterday meal planning around my needs to try to lose weight as well as the family schedule (baseball games, etc). And I found a recipe for spaghetti squash in the crockpot that I thought I’d try. But it did say to use 2 cans crushed tomatoes, 5 cloves garlic, and 2 tsp Italian seasoning. But I was thinking I’d take the easy way out and just dump a jar of spaghetti sauce. I did hesitate for a moment thinking, the jarred sauce probably has a lot more sugar. So it’s funny that you sent this today. I’ll take it as a sign and go pick up 2 cans of crushed tomatoes ;)

It’s hard to find a sauce that doesn’t have a lot of added sugar. I make one in the crockpot in the winter but like the convenience of a jar in the pantry. I remember an Eat This Not That cookbook recommending Classico Tomato Basil. I had one from Costco I really liked but haven’t been there since January.

It’s hard to find a sauce that doesn’t have a lot of added sugar. I make one in the crockpot in the winter but like the convenience of a jar in the pantry. I remember an Eat This Not That cookbook recommending Classico Tomato Basil. I had one from Costco I really liked but haven’t been there since January.

I buy Silver Palate Low Sodium, because DH needs to watch salt. But it also only has 5 grams of sugar (compared to the 8 and 10 that I just looked up for Ragu and Prego).

I buy Silver Palate Low Sodium, because DH needs to watch salt. But it also only has 5 grams of sugar (compared to the 8 and 10 that I just looked up for Ragu and Prego).
Thanks ladies! You did remind me to look back at that article for the one they recommended. They suggested Ragu’s No Sugar Added Tomato Basil. I’ll see what our store has from all of your recommendations because if I’m looking to make a crockpot meal...it’s usually on a busy day where I need the luxury of convenience ;)

I love Classico Tomato Basil. Our favorite is Rao's Marinara. It has only 3g sugar and 0g added sugar. My nephew is a chef/owner of a restaurant on Long Island, NY. When he's home and doesn't have time to make sauce from scratch, he uses Rao's. So we switched. When we can't find Rao's, we buy Classico. Love them both.

The article was great. It is a reminder for me to watch my sugar, which is my favorite vice. Even though I'm not in the pre-diabetic or diabetic range, my sugar is at the high end of normal, so it's something that I can't be careless about.

I'm going to do my Woo Hoo Wednesday one day early, because tomorrow is my first day of school, and I have a feeling that I won't have time to post. So, my Woo Hoo is that all of my blood work came back much improved. In fact, it is the best blood work that I have had in 4 years! My cholesterol has always been normal, but these are the best numbers I've had in a long time. Some results were staggeringly excellent...it just shows that although my weight isn't nearly as good as I would like, I have made great progress by eating well. So, I'm going to stay on this path because it is working for me!

I love Classico Tomato Basil. Our favorite is Rao's Marinara. It has only 3g sugar and 0g added sugar. My nephew is a chef/owner of a restaurant on Long Island, NY. When he's home and doesn't have time to make sauce from scratch, he uses Rao's. So we switched. When we can't find Rao's, we buy Classico. Love them both.
Thanks for the recommendation-Rao’s is more expensive so I was hesitant trying it, but if a chef uses it I don’t mind paying extra!

Great article - thanks! I think I'll give chewing on fennel seeds a try. I did get some Bolthouse salad dressing, but really do need to start making my own. I also need to figure out savory breakfasts, so I'm not starting the day with a sugary carby gut punch. I like the idea of avocado toast, but do need to get a toaster.

I have a doctor's appointment Thursday and need to talk to her about diabetes, so I get a better understanding. Last blood test I was back in the prediabetic range, but really need to get serious about managing. I know she wanted me to not have much fruit, but a couple things I've read lately say it shouldn't be that big of an issue... if I can get the refined sugar under control maybe fruit will be OK for me.

Not only is it expensive, it is sometimes hard to find on the shelves. DH buys multiple bottles when he does see it so that we don't run out. Trust me, it's totally worth every penny.
Not only is it expensive, it is sometimes hard to find on the shelves. DH buys multiple bottles when he does see it so that we don't run out. Trust me, it's totally worth every penny.
When a friend of mine was diagnosed prediabetic our insurance covered at least one visit with a nutritionist. She said it was extremely helpful because balancing everything was like cracking a code. Maybe you have a similar benefit?

We finally had to replace ours just recently, and got this one:

View attachment 521629

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GQ032E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We love it!

My favorite thing is the positioning of the levers. You can actually push them up higher than the resting position to get things out. I also had no idea I needed a bagel setting, but it does make a difference.
Oh, I like the feature of being able to push the levers up to get stuff out. I'm going over to Bed Bath and Beyond tonight to get one and will have to check for that.

My big Woohoo is heading to the beach with my daughter and grandson. Have new beds being delivered and an appointment with the Comcast guy. We’re upgrading so our virtual librarian, guidance counselor and fifth grader can work from the beach. Rest of the crew comes Friday, so looking forward to a nice break.

And health wise, I have dropped two pounds, so will maintain that until I get home.

Woohoo - I’m down another 2 pounds after the refresh. I’ve got a meal plan and I’m following it very well so far this week!
Woohoo - kitchen is done except for backsplash!
Woohoo - I’m continuing this workout and loving it. Building muscle and feeing strong!
Woohoo - I got up early enough to workout and SHOWER before my first virtual training of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter