Aulani Construction Update

We are here now. I wish they would open up sooner. Getting two chairs together is next to impossible. Lazy river was nice. It is beautiful here.

We are here now. I wish they would open up sooner. Getting two chairs together is next to impossible. Lazy river was nice. It is beautiful here.

I'm sorry, but I totally beg to differ about finding 2 chairs together. This is the perfect time to be at Aulani due to the low occupancy. The last week or so and currently it is more than easy to get 2 chairs together. And that includes umbrella-shaded spots and front row poolside spots..:cool1:

I'm sorry, but I totally beg to differ about finding 2 chairs together. This is the perfect time to be at Aulani due to the low occupancy. The last week or so and currently it is more than easy to get 2 chairs together. And that includes umbrella-shaded spots and front row poolside spots..:cool1:

I have to agree! We've been here since 9/9 and chairs are plentiful, everywhere we've wanted them.

I have to agree! We've been here since 9/9 and chairs are plentiful, everywhere we've wanted them.

We were just there this past weekend and by 10am there were hardly any chairs to be found. On Saturday morning, we had put our towels and my DD's artwork from Aunty's beachhouse on the chairs under the umbrella by the main pool and went upstairs to change into out swimwear. When we got back down about 30 minutes later, our towels were gone and my DD's artwork gone. Someone had taken our chairs and we were out of luck because there were no more chairs available by the pool. We were subjected to the chairs all the way in the corner by the menehune bridge, far from everything. We were pretty upset that our things were taken and there were no more chairs by the pool.

We were just there this past weekend and by 10am there were hardly any chairs to be found.

Both of you are probably right. Aulani seems to be more crowded on the weekends than during the week. Aulani is the only DVC resort that has a flat point rate for all seven days of the week, which I suspect encourages locals to use their points primarily on the weekends.

Anyone have any recent photos and wouldn't mind uploading them? :worship: Would love to see what it looks like now. We are headed there in a couple of months.

We are here now. Weekend was impossible to find chairs sunday afternoon. We climbed diamond head in the morning so we didn't get back until afternoon. Since monday it has been much better.

The new area looks ready. Wish they would open the chairs.

Just called to check to see if they were taking cabana rental reservations yet and they were! I made a reservation for Saturday, October 19!

I made the comment that we would prefer to be far away from the children's play areas and she said that the new area would definitely be open by then also.

Just called to check to see if they were taking cabana rental reservations yet and they were! I made a reservation for Saturday, October 19!

I made the comment that we would prefer to be far away from the children's play areas and she said that the new area would definitely be open by then also.

Can you please tell what number you called and who you talked to to make this cabana reservation?

I just called after I saw your post bad was told they are not taking reservations until they "end of Sept---call back next week". This is the same thing I've heard for months. Your post had me so excited, but now I am getting frustrated.

UPDATE!! Strolled by the new pool a couple of days ago. It looks completed! They are putting in lounge chairs and the pool is already full of water. I think they are doing promotional filming right now. As far as we know, there will be a soft opening late September but the media will be advertising early October :)

Great news, can't wait to see the new areas when we visit next month - does the cafe seem like it is almost complete also?

Can't wait to see some pictures of the new pool!:cool1:

Planning a late May, beginning of June trip....Hoping to beat some of the more traditional crowds of summer that way!:lmao: In any case, very anxious to see some pics!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter