Aulani - Laundry Service?

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi. We will be staying at Aulani for 2 weeks this summer. This will be our first time so I don't want to spend it doing laundry and I don't have enough points to stay 2 weeks in a one bedroom. So...

Does anyone have a price list of the Laundry Service? I don't need anything dry cleaned, just laundered.

I would very much appreciate any info.

Thanks. :goodvibes

Directly from the list at Aulani
Pants- $9.25
Shorts- $8.00
Panty and undershorts - $3.50
Blouse - $9.35
Shirt - $8.00
Nightgown - $9.90
Undershirt- $3.50
Brassiere - $3.50
Dress - $17.50
Slip - $9.25
Bathrobe - $12.00
Pajama Set - $9.90
Socks - $3.25
Children's Pieces - 25% off

The prices for dry cleaning are only a few pennies more per item.

We just used the available laundry facility. If you are staying on points they give you tokens to use so it is free. Just have to buy the detergent. On one of our many pool days I did several loads of laundry. We had lounge chairs relatively close to the side of the building where the laundry facility was located. I just timed the loads and went a couple of times to rotate. It was pretty easy. I think they had 3 washing machines and 6 dryers. That being said, if people were late I did see other people removing laundry from the machines and putting it on the tables/ledge. So if you plan on doing that just be mindful of the cyclying time.

As rpcvpanama said above, we just used the laundry facilities and I will add that there was hardly anyone else taking advantage of this. Since we were staying on points we just did a stop at guest services and they gave us tokens for the machines. I had packed my own laundry soap and spray so we were ready to go. It was super easy and very nice to have some fresh clean clothes!

Directly from the list at Aulani
Pants- $9.25
Shorts- $8.00
Panty and undershorts - $3.50
Blouse - $9.35
Shirt - $8.00
Nightgown - $9.90
Undershirt- $3.50
Brassiere - $3.50
Dress - $17.50
Slip - $9.25
Bathrobe - $12.00
Pajama Set - $9.90
Socks - $3.25
Children's Pieces - 25% off

The prices for dry cleaning are only a few pennies more per item.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much!:goodvibes

We just used the available laundry facility. If you are staying on points they give you tokens to use so it is free. Just have to buy the detergent. On one of our many pool days I did several loads of laundry. We had lounge chairs relatively close to the side of the building where the laundry facility was located. I just timed the loads and went a couple of times to rotate. It was pretty easy. I think they had 3 washing machines and 6 dryers. That being said, if people were late I did see other people removing laundry from the machines and putting it on the tables/ledge. So if you plan on doing that just be mindful of the cyclying time.

As rpcvpanama said above, we just used the laundry facilities and I will add that there was hardly anyone else taking advantage of this. Since we were staying on points we just did a stop at guest services and they gave us tokens for the machines. I had packed my own laundry soap and spray so we were ready to go. It was super easy and very nice to have some fresh clean clothes!

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I was worried about how busy it may be. If I have time to sit and wait, I may do a couple of loads. I'm just making sure that if we are too busy with the resort and/or touring, I'd like to be able to send some clothes through the resort laundry service. We're probably not going to be back for a few years so we want to make the most of our 2 weeks.

But I'm glad it sounds like it's not too busy. Maybe I'll take some time during our downtime (meaning, I sit in the laundry room and my husband and the kids can go to the pool) and do a couple of loads. Thanks again. :goodvibes

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani. One in the Ewa Building and one in the Waianae Building. Both on are the first floor, near the elevator lobby. So there are lots of washers and dryers available for use.

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani. One in the Ewa Building and one in the Waianae Building. Both on are the first floor, near the elevator lobby. So there are lots of washers and dryers available for use.

Thanks for posting this! I'm a lot less worried.

The only time I don't pack enough clothes for our stay is when we stay at a 1 bedroom. But this vacation is going to be more than 3 weeks (2wks in Aulani, 1+week in California) and none of the places we're staying will have an ensuite laundry. So I was getting a little nervous. I didn't want to pack for 3+wks. :faint:

Thanks for all the replies.:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I was worried about how busy it may be. If I have time to sit and wait, I may do a couple of loads. I'm just making sure that if we are too busy with the resort and/or touring, I'd like to be able to send some clothes through the resort laundry service. We're probably not going to be back for a few years so we want to make the most of our 2 weeks.

But I'm glad it sounds like it's not too busy. Maybe I'll take some time during our downtime (meaning, I sit in the laundry room and my husband and the kids can go to the pool) and do a couple of loads. Thanks again. :goodvibes

I don't think you will actually have to sit in the laundry room the entire time. I seem to recall that their might have been approximate times posted for the wash/dry cycles. I just came back before they were done in order to rotate to take up to the room. That way you are not stuck in the laundry room for an extended amount of time. Of course, if you get there when no one else is there you can run several loads at once as I believe there were at least 3 washing machines in each room.

We did not sit and wait in the laundry room ... just came back when the clothes were done to move them along to the dryer and then at the end when they were dry, had no problems at all. It wasnt very busy, not many folks actually took advantage of the service and I wasnt too worried.
:laundy:

I don't think you will actually have to sit in the laundry room the entire time. I seem to recall that their might have been approximate times posted for the wash/dry cycles. I just came back before they were done in order to rotate to take up to the room. That way you are not stuck in the laundry room for an extended amount of time. Of course, if you get there when no one else is there you can run several loads at once as I believe there were at least 3 washing machines in each room.

We did not sit and wait in the laundry room ... just came back when the clothes were done to move them along to the dryer and then at the end when they were dry, had no problems at all. It wasnt very busy, not many folks actually took advantage of the service and I wasnt too worried.
:laundy:

Thanks. :)

I haven't done laundry in the laundry in a long time. In the past, if we're not staying in a 1bed I would pack all our clothes for the 2 wks. It usually fits in 4 suitcases so it was fine. I think I'll take your advice and put in a load and just go back about 10 min before it's done. I hear a lot of complaints about laundry room issues on the DIS (guests not coming back when cycle is done, other guest throwing them on the table or floors - just don't want any issues like that, plus, I don't like the idea of strangers touching my clothes...:scared:).

Hopefully there's wifi there and I can just take my Ipad and wait for the clothes.

Thanks again. I'm definitely not worried anymore.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter