Aulani- Luau?

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
It doesn't look like there is a luau listed for Aulani? Am I missing something? Where are some good luaus that we might attend with tweens and grandparents?

Aulani has the Starlit Hui which is kind of like a luau minus the food. We went to the one at Paradise Cove which is a 5-10 minute walk from Aulani. My daughter was 12 and loved it.

Was it good? What package did you book? We did one years ago at the Polynesian Culture Center...I don't really remember much about it.

We have done Paradise Cove as well and did the Orchid Package. I would choose either the middle to higher tier if possible. It is within walking distance to Aulani. There are tons of activities you can participate in beforehand that are really fun for kids...face painting, making haku leis, etc.
The one at the PCC is a good show, but the cons are too much for me (we also did it a long time ago as well). It is too far, a very long day and they do not serve alcohol there. I like a Mai Tai with my luau, personally.

We went to the Starlit Hui for a little Disney Magic (brought food from the counter service place at Aulani, can't remember what it's called!)

Another night we went to Paradise Cove, mostly due to convenient location. It was lots of fun!

I think I'd like to book a Paradise Cove luau for our trip in March, but I'd also like to know when the Starlight Hui performances are. Is there a schedule? Is it an every night think?

The Starlit Hui is done a couple times a week. Check here for the weekly schedule: https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/about-aulani/

One thing to note, if there is ANY rain at all, the Starlite Hui and Movie on the Lawn will be shut down immediately. This happened to us a couple of times on our last trip, which was a huge bummer. They will shut down and start taking their equipment down as soon as the rain starts, and they will not start it up again once it stops.

We have done Paradise Cove as well and did the Orchid Package. I would choose either the middle to higher tier if possible. It is within walking distance to Aulani. There are tons of activities you can participate in beforehand that are really fun for kids...face painting, making haku leis, etc.
The one at the PCC is a good show, but the cons are too much for me (we also did it a long time ago as well). It is too far, a very long day and they do not serve alcohol there. I like a Mai Tai with my luau, personally.
So you would recommend the Orchid Package? I am trying to decide between the basic vs. Orchid.

We did the Starlit Hui and Paradise Cove. There is a coupon in the Hawaii Entertainment Book for Paradise Cove. It saves a lot of money, so worth the cost of the book.

I recommend Germaine's Luau. There's a free shuttle to the luau for anyone with a ticket.

That's really too bad about Paradise Cove... only been to Hawaii once about 15 years ago and we went there. I have some great memories of it.

If you're going to Maui at all go to the Westin Luau...the Westin has by far the BEST Luau I've ever seen including fire dancers.

The Starlit Hui is NOT a Luau....at all...in any way...

I say go to the Westin Luau as well. We participated in the Paradise Cove Luau - most expensive package. It had a bunch of activities but I felt like a was also a cattle call. Way too many people for us, dusty and dirty, and the table service as well as the food was average at best.

an additional FYI about the marriott. The show was great, and there was great interaction with the performers before the show for the kids. The food and service was only ok. But we were there mostly for the show, so will still go back next time.

We've stayed at the Marriott three times, and have attended FiaFia all three times. We really enjoy it. I agree, the food is fine. Not bad, not great. It is essentially a catered dinner, so it can only be so good. We went to Aulani last year (along with the Marriott), and were able to attend the Starlit Hui too. They are definitely different experiences. Fia Fia is smaller, and therefore more intimate. There were so many people at the Starlit Hui. When they allowed kids to come to the front, and of course tons of kids (and their parents) all rushed forward. Our son was three at the time,but there was no way I was going to let him up there in that crowd!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter