• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Magic Bands for room guests

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
We arrive in one week and are bringing my parents as a gift to them.

The two bedroom villa is in my name and my immediate family all has magic bands linked to my MDE. when we were at Aulani in 2022, the MBs all worked for each of us to charge our purchases to the room and to unlock the room door.

My parents do not have magic bands or MDE accounts right now, but their names are linked to the reservation.

Two questions:

1. Can they get MBs such that they can also open the room door and charge to them but have their charges go to their credit card, not the room (my credit card)? If so how?

2. Instead of buying them new MBs (which they would never use again) can I reset two of our old MBs for them to use? How? Do I need to create an MDE for them?

I assume the situation would be similar for number 1 if they just wanted to use a room key rather than a MB to pay for purchases but how is their key differentiated from our four keys? Or is that different?

Yes, you can get them new MB's and give them the ability to charge to their own credit card. It's not possible to reassign cards so they would need to buy one. But there is no reason to actually get them a MB. Instead, just have them issue a room key card (looks like a credit card) which will do the same thing.

When we were there in July 2023, we were able to bring our magic bands from WDW and they reassigned them at the front desk. They worked for everything except the parking garage. So they did work for getting into the room, charging, checking out towels etc. The CM who helped us was also able to unassign them from one of our party to let another use. We were also able to have them assign different credit cards to different bands to avoid having to go through charges at the end and divide up. It was really convenient, so I would bring extras and give it a try. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter