• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Menehune Bridge height question

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
Hi--I noticed on the Aulani website that the maximum height for the Menehune Bridge is 48 inches. I know that Disney is very strict on height requirements on rides at the parks, but I'm wondering if your slightly taller kids were allowed in this splash area. My son is a kindergartener and is 49 inches. And I noticed in the Aulani commercials they showed kids playing in/on the Menehune Bridge that were definitely not pre-schoolers! LOL

Did your slightly older or taller kids play in this area, or is the height requirement very strict? Only pre-schoolers in this area?

Thanks!

Yes, our kids were 11 and 9 and they played in the area (before I noticed the sign that the height max is 48"). There's nothing separating it and no CM monitoring, and no one said anything about our kids. They weren't very interested in it anyway. I'm sure your DS will be able to play on it without issues. Seems silly to me that they'd put a height requirement on it in the first place. There's nothing equivalent for taller kids at Aulani.

Yes, our kids were 11 and 9 and they played in the area (before I noticed the sign that the height max is 48"). There's nothing separating it and no CM monitoring, and no one said anything about our kids. They weren't very interested in it anyway. I'm sure your DS will be able to play on it without issues. Seems silly to me that they'd put a height requirement on it in the first place. There's nothing equivalent for taller kids at Aulani.

It's probably so that if older kids play there but misbehave the CM has a "reason" to kick them out. I've seen a number of places that have small kid play areas set apart from the general play area, but nobody really says anything if bigger kids are in there as long as they're not tormenting the little kids.

It's probably so that if older kids play there but misbehave the CM has a "reason" to kick them out. I've seen a number of places that have small kid play areas set apart from the general play area, but nobody really says anything if bigger kids are in there as long as they're not tormenting the little kids.
yes, I believe your speculation is accurate.

The Menehune Bridge is monitored by a CM during operational hours, and the height limit is enforced but it's a gray area. If a child is taller than 48'' but is playing safely and isn't a safety threat to the small children, it is usually ok.

Hmm, we never noticed a CM monitoring the area during our Oct stay. We were usually at the pool when it opened or at night, so maybe they monitor it more during the busier hours? Who knows, but OP I'm sure your DS will be just fine.

Hmm, we never noticed a CM monitoring the area during our Oct stay. We were usually at the pool when it opened or at night, so maybe they monitor it more during the busier hours? Who knows, but OP I'm sure your DS will be just fine.

The Menehue Bridge is open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and the water is turned off and they do not allow the kids to play there when it's closed.

The older kids have the two slides and lazy river to keep them busy.

That rule is only meant to keep away adults and much older kids. When CM see adults and older kids on the structure, they were asked to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter