Aulani Noob question, 2-weeks to long?

Hi, Gr8scott! I just reread your original post! Hope whatever you decide, you have a wonderful trip!

I just booked our Marriott Ko Olina for next summer - 4 weeks stay. Yup. Daughter and I will do 2 weeks in the studio and then we move for 2 weeks in the one bedroom, when my husband and son join us. The one bedroom villas at the Marriott are nice as 2 towers have a separate sitting room that has sliding doors that close, so it fits a rollaway bed (we do this every trip, even when we use the full 2 bedroom villa, so son gets the living room and we can even get a second rollaway if the sofa sleeper isn't comfortable and she gets the sitting room. We've done this before, and I just put both beds up on the wheels and close it off in the morning so we have the living room still). It's like having two bedrooms really, and we don't need an extra bathroom.

I enjoy it this way as I lived in Hawaii, and we just want to go back and relax and enjoy it. Also, about week 3, daughter and I will go to the Big Island (Hilo) for 3 days or so and leave the guys. I have a friend that lives there, and she wants to hike the lava tubes and see Volcanos National Park.

Maui is huge, and I went there 3 times when we lived on Oahu, plus one trip as a teenager. Kauai is an island that can be enjoyed for a weekend (did that a couple of times). The Big Island we did a week on when our friends came to visit over the summer, and it was so much fun. Flew into Kona and out of Hilo, but for just us two we're going to just go in and out of Hilo.

Happymommy...I am absolutely green with envy, and I know it goes without saying, but enjoy your trip. We took a stroll down to the Marriott during our recent stay at Aulani just to check it out and enjoyed dinner at Longboards with an incredible sunset, very very nice.

Last edited:
Update:

We just returned from our two-week vacation during which we split our stay with the first four nights on Maui at the Kā'anaplai Beach Hotel and the remainder at Aulani on Oahu, and are very happy we decided to do so.

Our view from our ocean view room at the Kā'anapali Beach Hotel was breath taking as I am pretty sure I could throw a stone into the ocean from our third floor balcony, and with the island of Lanai to the left and Molokai to our right it was just an awesome scene to awake to. Not taking away anything from Aulani though as although we had to change rooms after the first night to get it, we ended up on the 11th floor of the Ewa tower (#1152) and had a great view there as well. See the photos below for reference.

That being said, we could easily stay at Aulani a full two weeks and not be disappointed, but loved the contrast that our short stay on Maui provided. Not sure when, but our next trip we will likely plan a similar island hopping itinerary and perhaps consider another island like Kauai or the Big Island....maybe, lol.
This was our first trip to Hawaii and WOW, what an incredible vacation. We did multiple excursions on each island such as the road to Hana and the hike up Diamond Head in addition to Monoa Falls, which all were awesome.

I cant tell you how much I look forward to some tough decision making in planning our return visit to the Hawaiian Islands....paradise indeed...

View from our room ath the Kā'analapli Beach Hotel:

image.jpg

image.jpg

View from #1152 at Aulani (sorry for the shadows, morning photo):

image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter