Aulani Sailing Canoe Experience Payment & Gratuity

gregf71

Mouseketeer
I know that the Aulani Sailing Canoe Experience is booked at Makiki Joe's, but how do you pay for it? Can you charge it to your resort room? For those of you who have done it, what gratuity did you give? And I assume that is cash only, right?

I know that the Aulani Sailing Canoe Experience is booked at Makiki Joe's, but how do you pay for it? Can you charge it to your resort room? For those of you who have done it, what gratuity did you give? And I assume that is cash only, right?
Just fyi, I’ve never done it, but it looks to me like they take you as far as the marina on one side and just a bit past the Four Seasons on the other. That’s not enough value for such an inflated price, and in my opinion seems like a bit of a tourist ripoff.

Just fyi, I’ve never done it, but it looks to me like they take you as far as the marina on one side and just a bit past the Four Seasons on the other. That’s not enough value for such an inflated price, and in my opinion seems like a bit of a tourist ripoff.
Fair point. We are not looking for anything super exciting. More chill and scenic than anything else, plus something different to do at the resort that we didn't do during our previous Aulani visit. Checks a couple boxes for us. We've done snorkeling cruises before (which I know this is not), but nothing like this. Skipping the luau this visit and the stargazing experience, both which we did in 2018 and didn’t want to repeat this time. We shall see if any times fit within our schedule.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter