Aulani Spa

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I am looking for information about the Aulani Spa.... such as services available for both adults and teens, descriptions of the services and what the prices are.

All info greatly appreciated!

---Paul in Southern NJ

All the information you will need is on the web site for Aulani. I had the Lomi Lomi 80 minute hot stone massage in November (DVC discount!) and it was fabulous! The only mistake I made was not planning a longer time to stay at the spa. The garden area with the tubs and different showers as well as the relaxing chairs and ambiance were so nice. I wish I had planned to stay half a day.

All the information you will need is on the web site for Aulani. I had the Lomi Lomi 80 minute hot stone massage in November (DVC discount!) and it was fabulous! The only mistake I made was not planning a longer time to stay at the spa. The garden area with the tubs and different showers as well as the relaxing chairs and ambiance were so nice. I wish I had planned to stay half a day.

I agree! My son and I also had the lomi lomi, and we made sure we had plenty of time in the garden area both before and after. LOVED those special rain showers outdoors.

Plan to stay at least half a day to get the most out of it! I think most people leave after their service. You can even order lunch. Those showers are pretty amazing!

I wholeheartedly agree with those saying to plan to spend half a day there. You have full access to the Laniwai on the day of your treatment, and it is incredibly relaxing. I could not get enough of those showers. Arguably the best part of our entire trip (though my wife might argue a tie with the Waikolohe Stream).

Absolutely fantastic spa experience.

We will be at Aulani for the first time in exactly one month. So excited! Tried booking a cabana but they were all booked up for the week. Debating whether to book the Ohana family massage for the 5 of us. DS is 5, DDs are 7 and 9, DH, and me. Not much info I saw about what it entails. Does the whole family get to enjoy the amenities, including the garden and outdoor showers? Do we all get our massages at the same time? Any insight would be most helpful. Thanks!

Aulani June 2014
DL August 2013
DCL Dream July 2013 (when we joined DVC)
DL August 2012
DL November 2011
DL July 2010
DL January 2006

DS is 5, DDs are 7 and 9, DH, and me. Not much info I saw about what it entails. Does the whole family get to enjoy the amenities, including the garden and outdoor showers? Do we all get our massages at the same time? Any insight would be most helpful. Thanks!

The Kula Wai Hydrotherapy Garden, sauna, and steam rooms are for adults (and I did see some older teens in there as well) .

My understanding of the way the family massage works is that you are all in the same room together and you can use the locker rooms and such but the other amenities are for adults/older teens 14 and up. You might want to give them a call to see how that all works... or maybe someone who has done the family massage can chime in.

I did find this description online:
For families, there are a couple of options including the “Ohana Means Family” treatment where your family is all together in the same large indoor/outdoor room and family members alternate between a foot massage and a regular massage.

I would think most younger kids would enjoy some time at Aunties over getting a massage... but every kid is different.

You might want to check out this Disney video of the top 5 family things to do at Aulani http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/top-5-fun-for-families-at-aulani-a-disney-resort-spa/

Thank you for your responses. I called Laniwai directly and asked for more info. The family massage includes the whole family in the ohana suite getting a 35 minute back massage and then a 15 minute foot massage at the same time. Afterwards, the grown ups can check in the kids at Auntys and go back to the spa and enjoy the other adult only amenities. This is the only exception to the Laniwai policy that you can't come back once you leave for the day. Also the ohana massage is considered a specialty service so they only book one a day and it is always at 9 in the morning with a checkin time of 8:45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter