Aulani Vacation Recap June 2023

Irondraco

Earning My Ears
Just checked out of Aulani and wanted to share a recap. We booked a poolside garden view & got upgraded to an ocean view room #1146. The view was amazing (see photo). We stayed a week at Aulani which turned out to be nicest resort we've ever stayed at.

FOOD
Highlights:
Poke Bowl from Ulu Cafe
Acai Bowl from Ulu Cafe (good fruits & grains.. eat right away as it melts fast)
Mickey shaved ice w/ condensed milk (we liked strawberry & watermelon the best).
Cinnamon Roll from Olelo Room (they're only available from 7-11am at the bar & are SO GOOD!)
Resort Coffee from Ulu Cafe (buy an Aulani mug at the start of your vacation and it pays off big time - we got 3!)
Character Breakfast - the pasties were fresh & hot! The entree were good but it's the character interactions which made this experience worth it.
Sushi at Olelo Room
Eggs n' Things - it's across the street & highly recommend thier mochi waffle.

Disappointment:
AMA'AMA - we were looking forward to this dinner snd even booked this twice but ended up cancelling the 2nd. The food was just ok and did not meet the price point in our opinion. The steak was bland, Octopus cut so thin & pasta just wasn't good. The fresh bread was the best part.

Overall this is one of the top 3 vacations we've ever taken. We're avid disney cruisers and Aulani had many touches you experience on DCL. We can't wait to return one day - Mahalo!

Attachments

• 20230530_144328.jpg
    20230530_144328.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230531_050853.jpg
    20230531_050853.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230531_052005.jpg
    20230531_052005.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230530_170019.jpg
    20230530_170019.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230531_033151.jpg
    20230531_033151.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230605_052326.jpg
    20230605_052326.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230531_065412.jpg
    20230531_065412.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230604_061635.jpg
    20230604_061635.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230604_092134.jpg
    20230604_092134.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230605_100751.jpg
    20230605_100751.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 82
Just checked out of Aulani and wanted to share a recap. We booked a poolside garden view & got upgraded to an ocean view room #1146. The view was amazing (see photo). We stayed a week at Aulani which turned out to be nicest resort we've ever stayed at.

FOOD
Highlights:
Poke Bowl from Ulu Cafe
Acai Bowl from Ulu Cafe (good fruits & grains.. eat right away as it melts fast)
Mickey shaved ice w/ condensed milk (we liked strawberry & watermelon the best).
Cinnamon Roll from Olelo Room (they're only available from 7-11am at the bar & are SO GOOD!)
Resort Coffee from Ulu Cafe (buy an Aulani mug at the start of your vacation and it pays off big time - we got 3!)
Character Breakfast - the pasties were fresh & hot! The entree were good but it's the character interactions which made this experience worth it.
Sushi at Olelo Room

Disappointment:
AMA'AMA - we were looking forward to this dinner snd even booked this twice but ended up cancelling the 2nd. The food was just ok and did not meet the price point in our opinion. The steak was bland, Octopus cut so thin & pasta just wasn't good. The fresh bread was the best part.

Overall this is one of the top 3 vacations we've ever taken. We're avid disney cruisers and Aulani had many touches you experience on DCL. We can't wait to return one day - Mahalo!
Thanks for the quick recap! Sorry Ama Ama didn’t deliver for you. We had a sensational dinner there several months ago. We also love the sushi at the Olelo Room. Did you ever try Off The Hook?

Yes, we really liked the poke w/ the taro chips. Also ordered the lobster roll & got a 3-egg omlette for breakfast and both were good.20230603_085547.jpg

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay!! We may have crossed paths.

I also just returned from another fabulous Aulani vacation this past weekend. I’m a little disappointed that I missed that cinnamon roll!! Looks delish!

I truly missed my Iced Hawaiian Honey Latte from the now closed Island Vintage Coffee formerly in the center across the street. Instead, I spent many mornings grumbling about the Starbucks opening in its place.😒

One of my favorite pastimes was however the 3 mile walk each morning along the lagoons. Now, back home in Norcal, I am missing those warm summer Hawaiian nights.

BTW- the pools and hot tubs beyond the Lazy River stay open until 10 pm.

Summer hours start the Friday of Memorial Day weekend.

The Lazy River closes at 8 pm during summer.

I never made it into Off the Hook/Ama Ama for morning coffee. Did you? Just curious. The views from that area looked stunning.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay!! We may have crossed paths.

I also just returned from another fabulous Aulani vacation this past weekend. I’m a little disappointed that I missed that cinnamon roll!! Looks delish!

I truly missed my Iced Hawaiian Honey Latte from the now closed Island Vintage Coffee formerly in the center across the street. Instead, I spent many mornings grumbling about the Starbucks opening in its place.😒

One of my favorite pastimes was however the 3 mile walk each morning along the lagoons. Now, back home in Norcal, I am missing those warm summer Hawaiian nights.

BTW- the pools and hot tubs beyond the Lazy River stay open until 10 pm.

Summer hours start the Friday of Memorial Day weekend.

The Lazy River closes at 8 pm during summer.

I never made it into Off the Hook/Ama Ama for morning coffee. Did you? Just curious. The views from that area looked stunning.
No, we ended up getting our coffee from Ulu Cafe using the resort mugs. The Iced mocha from Off the Hook looked good but didn't get the chance to order - something to look forward for next visit!

FOOD
Highlights:
Poke Bowl from Ulu Cafe
Sushi at Olelo Room

Disappointment:

Looks amazing and beautiful!

Great reports! Bummed about Vintage Island Coffee but I’m not too surprised. Their hours were pretty limited. Didn’t know about the iced mocha at off the hook! Will definitely try next time. They were our favorite place for food at the resort.

Great reports! Bummed about Vintage Island Coffee but I’m not too surprised. Their hours were pretty limited. Didn’t know about the iced mocha at off the hook! Will definitely try next time. They were our favorite place for food at the resort.
We liked Off the Hook for lunch and Ulu for breakfast. It's been 4 weeks since we checked out and already planning our trip back!

Love the pictures. We stayed in a three bedroom grand villa a few years back and have enjoyed every minute we spent there. We are due for another trip to Aulani in the very near future. Thanks for reminding me how great that resort is.

Last edited:
We were at Aulani last month (our 6th or 7th visit) and can't wait to go back. Well, except for the very long flight. ;)

We were pleased to see that the ABC store has expanded. Great place to grab stuff for your room.

We were at Aulani last month (our 6th or 7th visit) and can't wait to go back. Well, except for the very long flight. ;)

We were pleased to see that the ABC store has expanded. Great place to grab stuff for your room.
We're now looking into DVC with Aulani as our home resort. We can't wait to go back!

I can't wait to make it there myself! I've been to Oahu but not Aulani, and it seems like such a nice place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter