Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

So I am assuming there are laundry rooms available for those people who only have studios like there are at WDW in FL? Can anybody tell me about the laundry facilities & where they're located? Were they busy? I don't NORMALLY do laundry while on vacation but since Aulani will be Part 2 of 3 (Part 1 will be DL for a few nights) I was thinking I might do a couple of loads before we move on to Maui...just to help cut down on the packing problems. Thanks!

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani and both are on the first floor near the elevator alcoves. One laundry room is in the Waianae Building near villa #112 and the other is in the Ewa Building a few feet from villa #170. There are three washers and six dryers in each laundry room and they are open 24/7. You'll need to use your key card to enter either laundry room.

When we were there in September, it cost $3 in tokens to operate each machine. Tokens are given free of change to DVC members staying on points. Members can get the tokens from the CMs at the Front Desk.

We used the laundry room a couple times during our week-long stay. I vaguely remember having to wait a few minutes to get a washer on one of my trips, but the wait wasn't a problem.

By the way, the laundry room in the Ewa Building has a picture window that looks out on Waikolohe Valley. Here are a couple photos of the laundry room.

file_zps00f95bb1.jpg

file_zps0be06536.jpg

Hi! With these requests, in an Ocean View Studio, would I have a sunset view, valley view and not be looking at the Marriott? Just want to confirm I looked at the map(s) right.

Ewa Building, long wing facing the pool, high floor (prefer 12 or higher).

Or

Waianae Building, facing the pool, high floor (12 or higher)

Hi! With these requests, in an Ocean View Studio, would I have a sunset view, valley view and not be looking at the Marriott? Just want to confirm I looked at the map(s) right.

Ewa Building, long wing facing the pool, high floor (prefer 12 or higher).

Yes on Sunset View, Yes on Waikolohe Valley, and Yes on No-Marriott.

Or

Waianae Building, facing the pool, high floor (12 or higher)

No on Sunset View, Yes on Waikolohe Valley, and Yes on No-Marriott.

To get all three, you'll want the Ewa side.

To get all three, you'll want the Ewa side.

ok, thanks! My only reason for having the other side in is not knowing how many of those phase 3 studios will be in play by our trip over memorial day but I really want sunset so fingers crossed!.

I think the sunset view will depend on the time of year. Ewa was great for a sunset view but that was mid to late December. Perhaps someone who has been there in the summer can comment? Although I loved watching it from my balcony, my inlaws and our friends preferred to walk to the beach and sit on loungers with a drink to watch the sunset every day!

As for view requests, I'd say the less specific the better. I would just request high floor, facing pool and see what you get. Or, Ewa building facing pool...if you're going at a very busy time of year it probably will help get your request filled if there's a lot of flexibility in your request. The room assigners don't know if building, floor, or facing pool are the most important to you. If you don't want to look at the Marriott I'd just request facing pool. :goodvibes

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani and both are on the first floor near the elevator alcoves. One laundry room is in the Waianae Building near villa #112 and the other is in the Ewa Building a few feet from villa #170. There are three washers and six dryers in each laundry room and they are open 24/7. You'll need to use your key card to enter either laundry room.

When we were there in September, it cost $3 in tokens to operate each machine. Tokens are given free of change to DVC members staying on points. Members can get the tokens from the CMs at the Front Desk.

We used the laundry room a couple times during our week-long stay. I vaguely remember having to wait a few minutes to get a washer on one of my trips, but the wait wasn't a problem.

By the way, the laundry room in the Ewa Building has a picture window that looks out on Waikolohe Valley. Here are a couple photos of the laundry room.

file_zps00f95bb1.jpg

file_zps0be06536.jpg

:worship: Thank you! You are a WEALTH of knowledge!! I'll probably only plan on doing about 2 loads if I have to schlep very far! :)

ok, thanks! My only reason for having the other side in is not knowing how many of those phase 3 studios will be in play by our trip over memorial day but I really want sunset so fingers crossed!.

Technically, the same percentage of Phase 3 Vacation Homes will be in play as in Phases 1 and 2. It all depends on the percentage of Aulani's points that have been declared for the DVC inventory. If 25% of Aulani is declared for the DVC inventory, then on any given Use Day up to 25% of Aulani can be booked using points. Due to something called the Reciprocal Use Clause in the Master Declaration, DVC members have access to Vacation Homes that are completed but have not yet been declared for the DVC inventory as long as the daily usage doesn't exceed the declared percentage.

No, I do not know what percentage of Aulani has been declared to date for the DVC inventory, but I do know its at least 15.29%.

wdrl said:
Technically, the same percentage of Phase 3 Vacation Homes will be in play as in Phases 1 and 2. It all depends on the percentage of Aulani's points that have been declared for the DVC inventory. If 25% of Aulani is declared for the DVC inventory, then on any given Use Day up to 25% of Aulani can be booked using points. Due to something called the Reciprocal Use Clause in the Master Declaration, DVC members have access to Vacation Homes that are completed but have not yet been declared for the DVC inventory as long as the daily usage doesn't exceed the declared percentage.

No, I do not know what percentage of Aulani has been declared to date for the DVC inventory, but I do know its at least 15.29%.

Good point, I hadn't been thinking about it that way but you are right.

OK, one more question about the laundry....are they the new High Efficiency type washing machines or can I pack like regular old fashioned Tide? TIA

OK, one more question about the laundry....are they the new High Efficiency type washing machines or can I pack like regular old fashioned Tide? TIA

I'm not really positive, but I think the one front loading washer in each laundry room was an HE machine. I used some Purex 3-in-one sheets for my laundry and the clothes came out fine.

BTW, here is a link to my Aulani trip report on the DVCNews Forum site: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?11255-15-Days-in-Hawaii-with-denlo-amp-wdrl. There might be a few more tidbits in the report that might be of interest to you.

Thanks for all your work, wdrl. Any word on the accessible villas? We have a 2 BR lockoff ocean view booked and wondering what it might look like as well as location.

Thanks for all your work, wdrl. Any word on the accessible villas? We have a 2 BR lockoff ocean view booked and wondering what it might look like as well as location.

I don't know much about Aulani's handicapped accessible villas. Only one guest has posted to this thread about having an HA villa (#808). I know SillyLittlePixie looked into the location of the HA villa and talked to Disney about it. If I recall correctly, she was told that the HA villas are located throughout the resort. When I was at Aulani I asked a Concierge CM about the HA villas and she said there were HA villas in all view categories, but she couldn't tell me exactly where they were located.

Also, I think the HA one-bedrooms do not have the murphy bed built into the TV armoire in the living room.

I don't know much about Aulani's handicapped accessible villas. Only one guest has posted to this thread about having an HA villa (#808). I know SillyLittlePixie looked into the location of the HA villa and talked to Disney about it. If I recall correctly, she was told that the HA villas are located throughout the resort. When I was at Aulani I asked a Concierge CM about the HA villas and she said there were HA villas in all view categories, but she couldn't tell me exactly where they were located.

Also, I think the HA one-bedrooms do not have the murphy bed built into the TV armoire in the living room.

This is true. When I initially booked an HA 2 bedroom, I did not notice that the reservation did NOT specify that there was a pull-down bunk. When the resort let me know they didn't have them in HA one-bedrooms, I went back and looked at my reservation- yep, no mention of it! When I changed to a regular lockoff 2 bedroom, it did say pull down bunk. When I got back from my trip, I went through the DVC site as if I were trying to book one- yep, NO single sleeper in HA villas in ANY view category. And yes, when you try to book a dedicated 2 bedroom it does say sleeper chair not pull down bunk!

wdrl and Silly Little Pixie, I can't thank you both enough for the info on the extra bed. It would have been a rude awakening to only learn this upon arrival. We'll only have six in the 2 BR but had hoped to give the studio portion to DS1 and DSIL and put DS2 and our DD in the living room. I checked the detail on the reservation and sure enough no chair listed. Back to the drawing board.

From what I understood when I booked almost 11 months ago, the only ocean view accessible villas are lockoffs.

Big shout out to Buddy, the GS who helped me book. I called at the 11 month mark in the morning and he could find no accessible ocean view 2 BR. Checked with the special needs dept and was told the same thing. But he thought he had heard or read (I can't remember which) that there would be such an animal in the last phase which wasn't open at the time. He made another call which I think was to the resort itself and confirmed so we were able to book it.

Thanks again.

wdrl and Silly Little Pixie, I can't thank you both enough for the info on the extra bed. It would have been a rude awakening to only learn this upon arrival. We'll only have six in the 2 BR but had hoped to give the studio portion to DS1 and DSIL and put DS2 and our DD in the living room. I checked the detail on the reservation and sure enough no chair listed. Back to the drawing board.

From what I understood when I booked almost 11 months ago, the only ocean view accessible villas are lockoffs.

Oh man, I was SO glad that for whatever reason I called the resort directly! I just had an itch to find out locations of HA rooms (4th floor for PV) and for whatever reason the CM let me know there was no single sleeper. I must've mentioned my kids? What a stroke of luck to find out then, AND still have another PV lockoff available! None were showing available online so I called MS. The CM didn't see one at first either, (only OV) but then one popped up. :thumbsup2 The CM at MS had never heard of there being no single in the HA villas! But he said, yep, now that I'm looking at the reservation you are right, it's not printed there. I suggested that perhaps they just let people know that if they call to book. :scratchin I know it won't make a difference for some, but for us it sure does.

Glad the information helped you!

Yes, I think it would be good to let anyone booking an accessible villa know about the beds. Occupancy of 8 not 9 is not mentioned either that I've seen.

Yes, I think it would be good to let anyone booking an accessible villa know about the beds. Occupancy of 8 not 9 is not mentioned either that I've seen.

I tried booking it with 9 and it let me! When I spoke to the resort, they said you could still HAVE 9... they did not have any rollaways, but I could bring a blow up mattress or sleeping bag. :confused3

So I guess occupancy is still 9, but you either have to bring a bed yourself or somebody is sleepin' 3 to a bed.:rotfl2:

I tried booking it with 9 and it let me! When I spoke to the resort, they said you could still HAVE 9... they did not have any rollaways, but I could bring a blow up mattress or sleeping bag. :confused3

So I guess occupancy is still 9, but you either have to bring a bed yourself or somebody is sleepin' 3 to a bed.:rotfl2:

That is just wrong when regular villas have beds for nine.

So you ended up with a non accessible villa? How did the person who needed accessibility manage?

That is just wrong when regular villas have beds for nine.

So you ended up with a non accessible villa? How did the person who needed accessibility manage?

We did opt for a non-HA villa and were so lucky to switch to one a couple months before our trip! My FIL has had some mobility issues for the past several years, and had knee surgery a couple months before our trip (long planned). He recovered better than expected, and so he only had issues with stepping over the tub side in the studio. He was able to use the master shower instead. :goodvibes

Initially we thought he'd need a scooter for use around the resort/around the island, but he ended up being able to walk everywhere unassisted! This was much better than we had hoped for at the 7 month mark. I realize that the majority of members who need an HA villa aren't going to be that lucky.

Thank you all for all of your tips and information on this thread!

I have been watching the availability at Aulani for the past week day by day...just to see what was generally fully booked so I could be prepared. I was checking both studios and 1-bedrooms. I had finally made up my mind that we would book an OV studio and a few days ago we decided to go to Aulani for 7 nights rather than 5 nights. Usually when I checked the lower point value villas were the ones that were never available for a whole week...usually the OV units were still open so I had just decided to go for OV. I didn't check yesterday because I was comfortable that the OV studios would be available based on the pattern I'd been seeing. Then I logged on around 7:15 this morning and of course since it wasn't 8:00 yet I still had to back it up by a day to see what was open...and there it was...Aug. 6th OV studio was unavailable!! I nearly choked on my coffee and I got really nervous that I'd have to waitlist or something. :eek: So I stayed online and just toodled around on the website for the next 40 some minutes. I changed my reservation search to only include ME on the initial reservation so that I wouldn't have to waste time filling in anybody extra on the online form and WHEW! It went through. :woohoo: (I am calling MS today to add DH and DS and to put in a room request.)

So after I finished my ressie I was curious and I went back to check the availability again and horrors!:scared1: One of our nights was gone already (the 8th I think it was)! So I just may have snagged the last OV studio for those 7 consecutive nights and I was glad I had just booked the unit with just 1 person to get it finished quickly! Oddly tho the "pool view" was still open for the week so I could've done that instead but since those had been booked the entire time I was watching I was just surprised that the availability was that tight and I am just so extremely thankful right now that I got us booked AND that we own our DVC!! Those studios go for like $650 / night!! Holy Moly!!:eek:

Now I have to go to Amex. later today and transfer points to Starwood so I can book our 3 nights on Maui. Then I can start getting serious about booking airfare. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter