Austrian Tour

ppiew

DIS Veteran
Has anyone thought about this one? Been there? I have not been to Vienna but have been to Salzburg. I noticed that this itinerary covers a lot of the places I wanted to see on a Danube cruise plus Vienna. Thought I could 'kill' two birds with one stone with this. The visits and stops looked intriguing and many are out in the countryside vs. just city tours. Would like some input if anyone can help. Then I will work on my son and daughter in law to release granddaughter for another trip! She is such a great traveler!

I would love to do the Austria & Prague ABD trip. But we seem to be in a minority. London & Paris get all the pub (or pubs, in the case of London, haha). I would much prefer Austria/Germany/Switzerland/Czech Republic to more touristy London or Paris...

I guess because ABD hasn't had any of these trips yet, there isn't much info out there. I am seriously considering it for next year. Maybe then I will know more. I just thought if anyone had been either on another tour or had gone themselves, they would have a do or not do list of stuff. As you know, I did the London/Paris this year and really liked it. I am willing to stick with ABD if they continue the first class tour like the one that I was on.
Re: Pubs - ha ha. I got addicted to PIMM'S when in the UK. What a great drink!! It was like having a salad with your drink! Never saw so much stuff jammed in a glass in my life!

This is the tour that most interests me. It's also the one that most interests DH since it's the only country offered by ABD he hasn't already seen courtesy of the military. :)

I'm really on the fence about booking for 2007. We already have an Alaska cruise planned for this May to celebrate our 10th anniversary, so another trip is not really in the budget, but this tour doesn't seem to be as popular. I'm really afraid if I don't book it I'll regret it if it's not offered next year.

I think it would be beautiful. I would personally love to take any ABD tour. I'm currently working on my other half for a European vacation.

I have been to Austria but not with ABD. I was in Innsbrook for a week
many years ago. Actually walked up the stairs of the Olympic ski jump ,long
walk lol. I had a great time.

I have to tell you......I was hard pressed to choose between London / Paris and the Imperial Cities ABD.

Having never been to any of them, I had to make a decision and chose the London / Paris trip.

Maybe in 2008. It sure sounds like a wonderful trip.

Kevin

I'm very interested - lived in Vienna for a year many years ago as an exchange student and visited all of the the surrounding countries - I would love to share the beauty and history with my family. I hope to hear more about this in the forums.

If I do decide on the Austrian trip, I will be sure to give some kind of trip report on the boards. So many have been helpful to me in the past, I would want to share my experiences so others can make their own decisions. I know Kevin will love the London/Paris trip - we certainly did!

We first wanted to go on the Italy trip but it is booked for the dates we wanted. We are now booking for the PRague trip and can not wait to go.

I just booked this one yesterday for me, my husband, and our three boys (24, 21, 19). The baby is studying in Prague during the summer through a film program offered by UMiami, so we'll just leave him there after the AbD trip. We're also adding a day pre-tour in Vienna just to have some time to wander on our own. AbD is allowing one day pre-tour and/or one day post-tour -- not cheap, but convenient.

We're doing the June 21 trip -- the only drawback so far is that the airfare is going to make us consider selling one of the kids in order to get home. ;-)

Anyone else considering this date? The week before is the adult-only trip (my first choice!), but I couldn't justify hanging out a week in Prague before my son could move into his hostel!

Dotti

We are considering this trip, but in August. I know the airfare bit!! I am checking into flying into Munich first and then take the train to Vienna. Or maybe even Amsterdam as it is considerably cheaper!

I have visited Salzburg and Prague - certainly beautiful architecturally with fairytale castles, and looking at the highlights of this tour, they are really covering these cities well, and ABD appear to really look after you, which you don't get when you travel independently as we do.

We went to Prague recently, and so if there is anything you'd like to ask specifically abot this city I'd be pleased to help.

(BTW, Salzburg does get quite quite a lot of rain - so brollies are required!!)

Shirley

I have been to all these places many times (I was stationed in Germany in the Air Force for 5 years). Vienna was my favorite big city in the world, but Prague is almost equally magnificent. I loved London and Paris, but I would take that Danube adventure in a heartbeat.

Re: Prague. We probably would remain there for a day or two after the tour. What would you recommend that isn't on the tour itinerary? Thanks!!

We are booked on the June 24th Imperial Cities Tour, anybody else? We are spending the week before travelling around the French Alps and Northern Italy on our own, then flying over to Vienna.

The airfares are outrageous.

I'm hoping that ABD offers this tour next year...we already had our summer '07 trips booked when these were announced last fall.

There are some truly wonderful gems on this trip. You will really enjoy Helbrunn Palace...watch out for the trick water fountains :cool2:

This trip really embodies true European culture and there are numerous sites on this trip that I cannot wait to share with my DH and DD!

We will be going August 23 and will be sure to report when we return! (although we don't get home until Sept 4)

Once you have done this trip - please post highlights ??

My partner (Tiggr33) myself and her mom (BFL) are going in Sept on the adults only trip. I have no idea of what to expect, wear, or bring...so input would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter