Autograph Books--Make your Own!!

MCSpinner

Earning My Ears
Here's a pretty simple craft idea to make character greeting more fun for the little ones (and you, for that matter!): Make your own autograph books! I used light tan card-stock paper for the cover and put on it "Emily's" then a Disney clip art with a Mickey clip, then "Fun Book" (for Emily's Disney Fun Book). On the inside, I found various character coloring pages online that I saved into my "My Pictures" directory, then I made them small, put a pic on front & back, top and bottom, left and right of each 8-1/2x11" page. I cut the pages in half, then folded them in half, stapled the cover and pages together and voila! I had a personalized book for both of my kids. You could also leave several blank pages at the end in case you don't find the characters online but do get them in the park.

Then, the kids can color the pages and have the characters sign their own page. The characters *loved* this! They made a big deal over them (hey, that's me! they seemed to say), and a big deal over the kids. Aladdin was particularly complimentary of their books.

Don't forget to put your hotel name on the inside cover incase it gets lost!

Here's another idea.
on our last trip we took a small brag book
with us. ( got it at the local dollar store)
we also brought a polaroid camera and extra
film. each time we took a picture of the
kids with their favorite character we had
the character sign the bottom of the photo.
Once it developed we put it in the brag
book. now they have a autograph/photo book.

DVCmom

Here's another TWIST on the Make your Own... We leave tomorrow and aren't sure if our kids (4 & 5) are going to be "into" the whole autograph thing (don't laugh - they're odd children. Lovable, but odd). We're taking a small Pooh photo album (3.99 at WalMart) and 3x5 cards to let the characters sign. We'll take pictures of whoever we happen upon and stick them in the photo album when we get back.

Another tip my daughter's kindergarten teacher offered is to let her write one sentence a day about what was her favorite part that day. We're going to stick that in the photo album, too and she'll have a lovely scrap book for PENNIES! It'll be fun for her to look back on it and see how her writing was and what appealed to her at 5!

I'm online because that always makes time FLY and right now it's dragging (we leav in just under 24 hours!)

how wonderful! less then 24 hours.
We were there in Oct. and have our
next trip is booked for Aug. I don't
know if i'm going to last.
especially when I'm sitting here looking
out the window at a foot of snow. yuck!
Do me a favor, the first walk down
Main St skip and sing alittle. I do this
every time because i'm just so happy to
be back. My kids (5-7-9) give me the old
Mom your so embarrassing.
enjoy your trip!
DVCmom

making your own autograph books is a great idea! I purchased a index card binder with 3x5 cards that go in it for $3 at wal-mart and cut out clipart of characters for "their own page" it also has a slot in the front cover to put name and resort info incase it is lost. thanks for the great idea my sons (9&7) are having so much fun making their books they stopped asking "how long til we go (June)

just testing clipart

balloons.gif

Trix may be for kids, but WDW is for all ;)

On my daughters first trip to WDW(at 3yrs)we bought her a book. We took her picture getting each signature and when we got home mounted the pictures on the facing pages. We used the same book two years later and plan to use it again this summer. She is able to remember all the pictures and characters and see herself grow up with Mickey. On a sentimental note, her grandfather was with us the first trip and died a few months after we came home. When she gets out her book she is able to remember her grandfather very clearly when she sees the pictures of herself and Grandpa with the characters. She will always remember him and associate him with the wonderful trip we had to WDW.

We are going to WDW in June. Thanks for the great ideas. That will giving us something to do until our trip!

Buy a storybook with all of the Disney characters. Have each character sign by their picture in the book. When you get home you have a nice souvenier and a book that you and your child can enjoy together.

We did basically the same as MCSpinner, but punched holes in the pages and then put them in a 5 x 7 book used for displaying pictures. I found plastic sleeve photo sheets in the same size and my kids placed souveniers like park maps, menus, etc.

Here's what a page from my DD's book looks like:
snowwhite.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter