Avatar Flight of Passage - Motion Sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents, in ranked order for me:
Mission Space - did it when it first opened years ago (before orange and green) and had to lie down on a bench for an hour afterwards. Never again.
Harry Potter (Hogwarts) - felt ok on the ride but the queasiness hit me hard afterwards, but recovered relatively quickly. I’d still ride it again.
Star Tours - I’ve been fine in the past but our trip this year, by the end I was feeling queasy. I rode on an empty stomach which didn’t help. Recovered quickly. Would ride again.
Disney Buses - (HA!) depending on the length of the trip and traffic, these can be very not fun for me.
Harry Potter (Gringotts) - no issues
Soarin - rode after eating and was totally fine
FOP - rode twice and no issues. Definitely felt a stomach drop a few times but didn’t feel sick. Maybe a smidge dizzy after the second ride but it was so amazing I would not let that stop me from riding again.

I agree that Bonine works well at least for car sickness. I’ve never tried it for a theme park visit, but maybe I should!

I have issues with simulated rides and just avoid them. A good friend of mine who never has issues with motions sickness said he had to lay his head down and close his eyes on FOP.

My dad has gotten sick on carousels and he's been able to ride FOP a few times. He said he did close his eyes through about 90% of it, but he keeps going on.

I’ve never really had issues except for Star Tours (but this was the last time I was there which was 9 years ago) felt wonky after getting off that ride. My wife is hit and miss with the motion sickness. She’s usually fine but some of the simulators make her a bit dizzy. I’m happy to hear FOP seems to be easy on most around here, gives me some slight hope for my wife. Just to be safe we’re loaded up on Dramamine for this next trip in 3 weeks.

I have motion sickness and vertigo. I rode FOP last year after being on meclizine for over a week and using peppermint oil extract right before the ride. I did have to close my eyes a couple of times but did not get sick at all. I think the air blowing in my face helped a lot. My DH who has never had problems with motion sickness will never ride it again. After the ride, he told me he just about spewed. He was very dizzy afterwards. We just got back from another trip a few weeks ago. We had planned not to ride FOP because of his issues, but while I was playing around with the app, I found an FOP FP for one. I grabbed it and decided to ride by myself. The only meclizine I had taken was about four days earlier before our flight. No peppermint oil extract. I was pretty nervous about how I would react, but no problems!

This thread began in 2017 and posters are replying to someone who rode FoP in July 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter