• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AWESOME Pin news for the Disgruntled !!!!

RCMommy

DIS Veteran
Until about 10 minutes ago I was one of the disgruntled !

I see there are numerous posts about the email from Disney Destinations that came out with free dining dates for November and December.

I did not receive this offer, but did receive one about 3 weeks ago that was for 10% off.

I decided to call and ask if I should switch my reservations to the dates (Dec 10-13) that was in the Disney Destinations email since we were currently booked from Dec 8-15th. I was waiting to hear what he was going to suggest when he says "Oh, you have a free dining PIN" After hitting the ceiling I changed our current ressie from 8-15 to Dec 10-17th in order to get free dining and upgraded to a moderate resort. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

He was a very friendly and chatty CM. I told him I did not get an email regarding the FD. He said this last batch to go out had problems. Tons got the email with no actual PIN code, others did in fact recieve the email but there are also tons who have FD that do not know b/c they did not reeceive any notification.

In other words --- CALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note: our previous ressie was at AoA in LM and he could not get the FD pin to work but it worked right away at POFQ.

Best of luck to all those who call !!!!

Congratulations!

I called yesterday afternoon and have no pin. :( I'll keep trying! :)

Definitely call every few days or so (the CM actually said to me - "Always best to call and ask, what did they take me? 5 minutes?"

I also go in and save a vacation about once every week. After doing so we did receive that 10% PIN a few weeks back. I don't know what got us the FD pin this time because I was not aware I even had it.

That being said, we do regularly get pin offer emails (both to my hubby's email and my own email, same day, within hours of eachother) at least a few times a year (even when not planning a holiday)

There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The CM only said the emails go out to a targeted audience but who knows who "they" are.

We have been over 14 times and about once a year for the last 5 or 6. Don't know what if any bearing that has...........

What number should we call to see if we have a PIN? Does it make a difference if we booked through AAA?

I copied the number right off of the Disney website - on screen when looking at ressies and package prices. When prompted said "reservations" and followed by "ask a question"

I get PIN codes all the time in my email.... they are just not for ME.

A few years back I booked a vacations for a friend of my mom's who didnt have internet access and used my email (they never went on this trip btw, her DH got critically ill) and then I made another reservation with my DD friends name on our reservations and again used my email.

So the other day, I got the Disney Destinations email - it didnt have a name in the heading so I thought, finally, a PIN for ME.. Nope, a PIN for DD friend, who is 20, in college and broke. BooHoo.

I called and no PIN in my name.

So I booked today. and had the reservation sent to my work email. Do you think I can break the cycle of "This PIN is NOT for you" by using a new email with my booking? Is there hope, that since I have booked I could trigger a PIN release? I have also in the past gotten, PIN codes in the mail with my address and my mom's name. I always book the reservations in my name, and mom and DD friend are just listed as guests under my name, so why does the system skip over the one with the MOOLA?

I get PIN codes all the time in my email.... they are just not for ME.

A few years back I booked a vacations for a friend of my mom's who didnt have internet access and used my email (they never went on this trip btw, her DH got critically ill) and then I made another reservation with my DD friends name on our reservations and again used my email.

So the other day, I got the Disney Destinations email - it didnt have a name in the heading so I thought, finally, a PIN for ME.. Nope, a PIN for DD friend, who is 20, in college and broke. BooHoo.

I called and no PIN in my name.

So I booked today. and had the reservation sent to my work email. Do you think I can break the cycle of "This PIN is NOT for you" by using a new email with my booking? Is there hope, that since I have booked I could trigger a PIN release? I have also in the past gotten, PIN codes in the mail with my address and my mom's name. I always book the reservations in my name, and mom and DD friend are just listed as guests under my name, so why does the system skip over the one with the MOOLA?

Aw man, that stinks. Here's hoping your email change lands you a pin. Have you tied updating all of your personal information on the WDW site? What about speaking with a CM and giving them the ONLY email address you want to use on your name?

Until about 10 minutes ago I was one of the disgruntled !

I see there are numerous posts about the email from Disney Destinations that came out with free dining dates for November and December.

I did not receive this offer, but did receive one about 3 weeks ago that was for 10% off.

I decided to call and ask if I should switch my reservations to the dates (Dec 10-13) that was in the Disney Destinations email since we were currently booked from Dec 8-15th. I was waiting to hear what he was going to suggest when he says "Oh, you have a free dining PIN" After hitting the ceiling I changed our current ressie from 8-15 to Dec 10-17th in order to get free dining and upgraded to a moderate resort. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

He was a very friendly and chatty CM. I told him I did not get an email regarding the FD. He said this last batch to go out had problems. Tons got the email with no actual PIN code, others did in fact recieve the email but there are also tons who have FD that do not know b/c they did not reeceive any notification.

In other words --- CALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note: our previous ressie was at AoA in LM and he could not get the FD pin to work but it worked right away at POFQ.

Best of luck to all those who call !!!!

I haven't booked my stay yet (November 29-December 7) because I'm hoping to get a pin code. I'm also looking to book at AOA LM.

So my question is will the FD not work for AOA LM? And could have a pin code now ever if I haven't booked yet?

We got the free dining pin after booking this trip. We have received pin offers in the past with no trips planned and no recent visit to the WDW website. I don't think that has a bearing. With PINs it seems to be you are either on their "list" or you are not.

As for AoA LM, both the 10% and FD offers could not be applied to our ressie. I have read other posts on here though that has landed a pin offer for AoA. I cannot say for sure though, if it was for a suite or LM section.

I would say if you have a specific date in mind and like to get things booked to secure your spot, go ahead and do it.

One cast member we spoke to said that the current free dining pins being sent out are for people who haven't been to WDW in a while. If that's true, it certainly doesn't seem right that they are rewarding those of us who go frequently by denying us pin codes, :scared1: but hey, I guess it's their business to do with what they will. Lucky for us, my mom got a free dining pin code, and she is staying with us, so we were all able to benefit from that. pixiedust:

One cast member we spoke to said that the current free dining pins being sent out are for people who haven't been to WDW in a while. If that's true, it certainly doesn't seem right that they are rewarding those of us who go frequently by denying us pin codes, :scared1: but hey, I guess it's their business to do with what they will. Lucky for us, my mom got a free dining pin code, and she is staying with us, so we were all able to benefit from that. pixiedust:

We haven't received one, I've called twice now, and we haven't been to WDW in almost 12 years! :) I think they just have a very random system to do it. Hopefully it will come out for the general public.

Well, I am going to call tomorrow and get my MNSSHP tickets secured, so I think I will ask when I call. If my dates are Oct 28-Nov 2, would that still count for the FD deal, you think?

Well, I am going to call tomorrow and get my MNSSHP tickets secured, so I think I will ask when I call. If my dates are Oct 28-Nov 2, would that still count for the FD deal, you think?

According to the pin promo those dates will fall. We are going Oct 21- Nov3 and I am hoping for FD. (Also noticed that not only are we going the same week as you, but are also celebrating DD's 5th birthday!!!)

One cast member we spoke to said that the current free dining pins being sent out are for people who haven't been to WDW in a while....:

To that, I say: HOGWASH! ;)

I still feel it's based on a very complicated, but still random "formula", that only the "great mouse-in-the-sky" knows. :rolleyes1

I have called to check for a pin four times now with no luck. For the last three years I have been able to get FD as a Disney Visa member before the GP offer so I guess I will wait for that. Still have no idea why some get a pin and some don't. There seems to be no formula at all.

:banana: Whoop Whoop I had a FD pin :banana:

I just called Disney and booked my vacation for November 29-December 7 @ AOA LM room w/ QSFD!

Now we only have 184 days till we leave :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter