• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AWESOME Pin news for the Disgruntled !!!!

What dining plans qualify for the fd. We will be staying in a deluxe villa and would like to maximize the offer. (if we get it)

So, I called back to see if i could use my FD pin for the other 3 rooms in our party and they still said that AOA didn't qualify for it so i ended up moving us all to POP so everyone could get the FD and we will just walk across the bridge to their food court one day to try it. I was on the phone an hour and 20 mins. but worth it!!!

So, I called back to see if i could use my FD pin for the other 3 rooms in our party and they still said that AOA didn't qualify for it so i ended up moving us all to POP so everyone could get the FD and we will just walk across the bridge to their food court one day to try it. I was on the phone an hour and 20 mins. but worth it!!!

They let you book 4 rooms with one PIN??? I thought the limit was 3???:confused3

Does anyone know the actual DATES for which FD and/or room discounts are being shown?

We are planning a trip Nov 8 - 17 but can adjust depending on discounts/offers. Thx

Our FD pin was not valid for AoA either, so we switched to POFQ. I have read that some have been succesful with an AoA FD pin however. Guess it is hit or miss.

If the kids want to see the new resort we will head there to eat and walk the grounds one afternoon.

We really liked Pop!

We booked FD for Dec using the PIN at AofA with no problem. At first, he had a problem getting it to go through, but then said it was b/c he was putting too many in our room. After he booked 2 separate ressies under my name w/ 2 rooms (total), it went through. I also tried it myself online w/ my PIN and it went through all the way to booking w/ AofA and FD. And in case this is a help to anyone, here's the wording under the email offer as to what is included:

"The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort suites included. All other suites excluded. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable".

I get PIN codes all the time in my email.... they are just not for ME.

A few years back I booked a vacations for a friend of my mom's who didnt have internet access and used my email (they never went on this trip btw, her DH got critically ill) and then I made another reservation with my DD friends name on our reservations and again used my email.

So the other day, I got the Disney Destinations email - it didnt have a name in the heading so I thought, finally, a PIN for ME.. Nope, a PIN for DD friend, who is 20, in college and broke. BooHoo.

I called and no PIN in my name.

So I booked today. and had the reservation sent to my work email. Do you think I can break the cycle of "This PIN is NOT for you" by using a new email with my booking? Is there hope, that since I have booked I could trigger a PIN release? I have also in the past gotten, PIN codes in the mail with my address and my mom's name. I always book the reservations in my name, and mom and DD friend are just listed as guests under my name, so why does the system skip over the one with the MOOLA?

How in the heck do you get PIN codes? My sister who has only been twice in the last ten years gets a postcard in the mail. I have never received anything. I'm going to call and ask why.

How in the heck do you get PIN codes? My sister who has only been twice in the last ten years gets a postcard in the mail. I have never received anything. I'm going to call and ask why.

They are random at least as far as the public knows (marketing may know the criteria). Calling and asking "why" really won't work. The PINs come from the marketing department and have nothing to do with the reservation CMs. Some things you can do to POSSIBLY increase your chances are to save trips on the booking site, order maps, and order the planning dvd, but these things are never a sure thing. Like I said before, it is pretty random.

They are random at least as far as the public knows (marketing may know the criteria). Calling and asking "why" really won't work. The PINs come from the marketing department and have nothing to do with the reservation CMs. Some things you can do to POSSIBLY increase your chances are to save trips on the booking site, order maps, and order the planning dvd, but these things are never a sure thing. Like I said before, it is pretty random.

I've ordered all of those-dvds and personalized maps and always save offers. Hasn't worked for me. Who knows????

No PIN here either. Last year, I saved a couple of speculative vacations and ordered the DVD. A PIN worth 10/20/30 percent off resortsshowed up within two weeks. This year, I've ordered custom maps and actually booked a trip in October. (Ending a 61 year dry spell.) Of course, now no PIN, and I'd love to get either FD or a discount on the room. I would dearly LOVE to know their criteria for PIN codes, because it seems that some people's email is nearly clogged with them, and others can't get one with a mask and a gun.

I haven't called yet, though. I think I'd rather just hope for a little while longer before I call and verify that there's nothing there.

I wonder if the nature of your stay matters? We're booked for four nights and four park days because we're getting there later in the afternoon for our first day and don't want to blow a park day on a couple of hours. That's not your "typical" 4 night 5 day stay, and I wonder if that's a problem for PIN possibilities? :confused3

I have never gotten a pin. I called to see if one may have magically appeared on our Oct 15 - 29th Reservations, but nope.

I dont have my hopes up, but it would be a nice surprise for our honeymoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter