B2B (Side to Side?) Ft. Lauderdale to Port Canaveral

Alyleth

Disney & Doctor Who Crazy
We are going on back to back cruises on different ships, in different ports. Is this still a back to back, or is this a side to side? Cruise number one is a Fort Lauderdale cruise on the Dream and Cruise number two is a Port Canaveral cruise on the Wish (same day debark/embark). Here's my question - what is the best way to get to Port Canaveral from Fort Lauderdale? Should we uber/lyft/taxi? Should we rent? Is there a shuttle? Does Disney offer shuttles? Any assistance is appreciated.

It is neither, it is just 2 separate cruises I would think. Disney does not shuttle all that way. Have you looked at the actual distance between the 2? They are almost 200 miles apart and at least a 3 hour drive. You would be hard pressed to find any ride share to take you and if you did, it would be extremely expensive. I think that he best thing would be to either rent a car or maybe look into a private town car service that is willing to take this trip. I don't recommend doing this because the risk is too high for my liking. One bad accident and you will miss your second cruise. I honestly would rethink this and just do an actual back to back on the same ship.

Disney will not help you manage your transport. What you are planning is far from being a common itinerary and is quite risky. DCL does not offer services between the Orlando area and the ports in southern Florida, even to get guests from there to WDW.

Forget ride shares or cabs : no one will accept a one-way 3 hours ride. You are left with renting a car or flying. The turn-around time already being short, flying from FLL or MIA to MCO will add uncertainty that could make you miss your flight. But, depending on how many you are, it might be more economical than a one-way rental.

I did a side by side for the 1st time last month and loved traveling/packing once and cruising twice! IMO you need a day plus a rental car or pricey private driver to get to Port Canaveral from Lauderdale. We had a day in Miami and we were glad that we had the rest day before reboarding for leg #2. I'm looking at doing it again this summer, but with 3 cruise legs, and I'm even crossing off the itineraries that involve moving between Miami/FtLauderdale origins because of that hassle. It was so easy to uber back and forth from the same hotel to the same port. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter