Back from 10 day stay at OKW

Shadeaux

DIS Veteran
We had a wonderful 10 day stay at OKW. The three of us were in a 2 BR lockoff, 4515-4516. Building 45 is on the canal going toward SSR....our unit was on the far left.

I think I mentioned in my posting while at OKW that we hadn't been at WDW in 3 years and I was a little concerned about the housekeeping issues I'd been reading about on here. My worries were for nothing...everything was great. I don't see much difference in the units now compared to when we bought in '94. There was one of the new style sleeper sofas in the living room, but we never did open it to see if it was any better than the old ones.

My only complaint...when did they start using such cheap quality towels & washcloths? The towels were thin & worn looking. Good grief, the washcloths were so rough I thought they were going to rub off my skin. Is this Disney's way of offering free in-room dermabrasion? :rotfl: :rotfl:

All of the CM at OKW were as friendly as ever. We ate at Olivia's once for lunch. It was okay, but the menu is missing so many things we used to order. And only 4 desserts. We used to go get coffee & dessert in the evening, but there wasn't enough on the menu to bother this trip. The Turtle Crawl from Gurgling suitcase is still as good as ever. It's also very appropriately named....it took me twice as long to walk (crawl???) back to our unit as it did to get to the bar. :rolleyes:

The highlight of our trip had to be the otters we saw on our last day. It made an almost perfect trip even better.

I've put a few more pictures online since we got home:
http://public.fotki.com/shadeaux/disneyworld/may2007-2/
This is the link to the ones I'd previously posted:
http://public.fotki.com/shadeaux/disneyworld/may2007/

Glad you had a good trip! I really enjoyed your pictures:thumbsup2

Welcome home
10 days sounds like bliss to me:goodvibes
Your pictures are beautiful I glad mousekeeping was up to par for your trip.
I'm wondering if the free DDP is effecting the types of foods being served:confused3 .
Sounds like the Gurgling suitcase was fun;) ;)
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

Welcome home
10 days sounds like bliss to me:goodvibes
Your pictures are beautiful I glad mousekeeping was up to par for your trip.
I'm wondering if the free DDP is effecting the types of foods being served:confused3 .
Sounds like the Gurgling suitcase was fun;) ;)
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

I would have been happy staying at OKW the whole 10 days without going to the parks. I always spend a lot of time on the balcony, but with the unseasonably cooler weather, I was out there a lot more than usual.

I'd heard the DDP was the reason behind the menu changes, but I didn't ask. The only onsite sit down restaurants we ate at were Olivia's and Beaches & Cream. In the parks we ate counter service....I can't remember all of them, but they were all good. We're not picky eaters....we even liked The Commissary.(that always seems to get lousy reviews)

I took about 700 pictures....it was hard chosing which ones to put online. :)

Building 45 is a great location. Love your picture of the otters!! Hoping to see them sometime on a trip.

We were also disappointed in the choice at Olivia's, what we had was good, but the menu wasn't that interesting.

We were just at OKW for 2 weeks in building 18 and also spent a lot of time on the balcony!

I agree that building 45 is one of the very best at OKW! LOVE that canal view!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who disliked the "new" Holiday Inn quality towels. I meant to comment on it when we checked out, but I forgot to. It actually made me consider bringing my own towels next trip. Some remember wonderful thick "peach" towels at OKW, and I also remember when all the washcloths were folded like shells. I haven't seen that in quite a few years.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who disliked the "new" Holiday Inn quality towels. I meant to comment on it when we checked out, but I forgot to. It actually made me consider bringing my own towels next trip. Some remember wonderful thick "peach" towels at OKW

OKW still had the peach towels when we joined in '94. It didn't bother me when they switched to the white ones because the quality was still good, but the ones they're using now are horrible. I don't like my towels so thin and stringy that you can see through them. When we were at OKW 3 years ago, they still had decent towels....when did they switch to the cheap ones?

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to OKW. Thanks for the sharing your photos. They are great! I love the photo of the gorilla. That's an awesome picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter