back from our trip

debbiedoo

DIS Veteran
I returned home Monday after 4 nights at the VWL and 5 nights at the BCV. We loved each resort with different reasons for each one. Had a great trip lots of rest, park time with enjoying disney restaurants.

I will say though, we did not get one Welcome Home at either of these resorts. When we stayed at SSR and OKW we had Welcome Home treatment from the guard gate to everywhere--is this unusual due to the factor of being connected to a deluxe resort???

check in did go smoothly at the VWL -- arrived at 2pm and room was ready. Non-smoking with a pool view. 3505 -- great studio room. I noticed that this studio was smaller than the others.

At BCV, check-in at 11am and was told room was not ready yet. Said we could call back within 1 to 2 hours. No problem here. Had studio 105--courtyard view. Very nice at check-in and was told that requests were not an issue.(with all the latest request issues at BCV)

If anyone has questions--just ask--will do my best to answer :sunny:

Overall we had a great time and enjoyed both resorts :sunny:

Last time we were at VWL we got loads of "welcome home" and we weren't even DVC at the time. In fact, that's the reason DH agreed to buy in, he says he likes the welcome home, like it's only his lodge....lol..yes he's a nutcake.

I'd love to hear more about your opinions of each DVC (was it quiet, atmosphere, resort activities for families, etc....). We have eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe' in WL our last trip and DH absolutely fell in love with the whole western theme. He's a John Wayne nut, and they were actually playing musak-themes from westerns while we were there (I believe the theme to "The Commancheros" to be exact). We just returned from HHI and that is now closely tied with WL for his favorite. We are actively searching to purchase DVC. He is strongly pushing for VWL merely for what he perceives would be a very tranquil, peaceful, lost in the middle of the woods (minus the snipe hunting) experience. His idea of the perfect place would be surrounded by quiet nature, gentle breezes, huge balcony overlooking "nature" and reading a book or taking a nap, inbetween snacks of course. Throw a round or 2 of golf in along with a scenic morning jog and he's in heaven!

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Sounds like you don't need other opinions unless you really feel differently from DH. If VWL is what your family loves, then call both the resellers and the DVC and waitlist for points there. Follow your heart.

bethyg said:
I'd love to hear more about your opinions of each DVC (was it quiet, atmosphere, resort activities for families, etc....). We have eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe' in WL our last trip and DH absolutely fell in love with the whole western theme. He's a John Wayne nut, and they were actually playing musak-themes from westerns while we were there (I believe the theme to "The Commancheros" to be exact). We just returned from HHI and that is now closely tied with WL for his favorite. We are actively searching to purchase DVC. He is strongly pushing for VWL merely for what he perceives would be a very tranquil, peaceful, lost in the middle of the woods (minus the snipe hunting) experience. His idea of the perfect place would be surrounded by quiet nature, gentle breezes, huge balcony overlooking "nature" and reading a book or taking a nap, inbetween snacks of course. Throw a round or 2 of golf in along with a scenic morning jog and he's in heaven!

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Sounds like your husband and VWL are a match made in heaven. I think all of his perceptions are going to be fulfilled except for the huge balcony. The VWL balconies are not huge, they are small, but you can hop over to the lodge (which we often do) and sit on one of their huge balconies. Also at VWL there are several porches to sit out on-rocking chairs and all.

We own all of our points at VWL. We love it because you can escape the madness of the crowds there. Very quiet and peaceful.

Hope to call you neighbor soon! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter