"Back-to-School" Challenge--everyone welcome!

good morning everyone! and i must say a better start to my day, i drug myself up to get in my pilates before mowing before an 11 a.m. appt -- and i'm hit my scale for me weekly WI and i'm down again! woo hoo!! about 1.5 lbs for this week bringing me to 3.4/12 for this challenge! WOW i'm 1/4 there and almost 1/3! how great is this!! next week I should be legally wearing my clipart that i was able to change before vacation and then gained during it! oopies!!

alaskamom -- i usually WI a couple times a week to keep myself in check. i'm trying to get back to only once a week, tuesday is my "official" day

Lisa - how was DL?? now no more beating yourself up --- i'm paying for my vacation too as you read -- let's just get back on track and make this happen!! we can do it!

Naisy and Ursalashadow - how's the buddy system going??

sorry i don't have time to reply to each one -- i must watch the clock this morning!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY OP!! WE CAN DO IT!! WE ARE SOOOOO WORTH IT!!

Good morning, everyone! I am so sorry I haven't been on the ball with the updating! I did finish my fill-in job this week, so for the next 2 weeks, that just means more DIS time for me!!! And more work out time!

WELCOME to all of our new members! Congratulations to all of you who have lost/maintained/stayed OP!!! Those are terrific!

I am struggling still to get the exercise thing in. I am hoping to turn that around (I still harbor delusions that I will get to 1200 in July :confused3 ). I want to get in a routine of working out in the morning before I leave for work, but it is so hard to leave the warm bed!!

I will get everyone updated this evening or in the morning first thing. Everyone have a great OP day!!! :thumbsup2

I'm down another pound so I'm down 2/15. I'm sure I'll have a bigger number next week, aunt flo was here so at least she left and took the 3 pounds of water weight with her that she gave me the last couple of days! :)

I am down .5 this week. I went to Chicago to see "Wicked" this weekend and tried to be good at mealtime. Apparently I did okay.

I am now 4/12.

Congratulations everyone :cheer2: :cheer2:
It's such hard work being good all the time, so I applaude you all for all the hard work you've been doing, keep those losses coming!

As for me I didn't get on the scale today, I'm going to try every other day, and slowly wean myself from this daily ritual.

Have a great day everyone, :sunny: I hope y'all are dealing with the incredible heat ok, remember lots of water and sunscreen, we want to keep our new and improved bodies from becoming dehydrated or burnt to a crisp!

UrsulasShadow said:
I accept your challenge! I want to break 180 SO bad, so I'll go to the gym on both my days off for at least an hour and 20 minutes, drink 2 extra bottles of water each day, and take a short walk after dinner on my work days. That ought to kick start the metabolism!

Hey! Bring it on girl!! Actually, tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'm a bit nervous. We went to my parents over the weekend and also went to eat at my favorite pizza place. I think I over-did the eating a bit. I counted everything and did not go over my points limit but I'm nervous anyway. I also only got on the exercise bike twice in the last week. Now, I'm drinking water, like it's going out of style to try to get all the yucky stuff out of my body. I will check in after my weigh-in tomorrow. I hope I've at least lost something. If I've gained, I'll cry. The pizza was awesome though and I'm glad we went. I'm really glad that we don't live that close to that pizza place anymore though or I'd be in trouble. Well, I am looking forward to hearing how we both did on our little mini-challenge. -Renee

well...i can't remember if mon/tues is my actual weighin day but I am going with today...down 1.5lbs so I'll take it!
ahhhhhh the new doritos sweet chili heat are calling to me so I think I gotta get out and do something before I have to go and talk to them. :flower1:
Have a great day and keep cool.
Denise

Didn't weigh myself yesterday (Boy that was tuff almost like not having Pepsi)
So of course first thing this AM I jumped (well actually slowly, so as not to upset the scale, you know they can be very sensitive!) got on the scale, and have lost 2 more pounds! For a total of 5/13 for the challenge, and 10 over all! I am so psyched!

I hope you all have a GREAT day! :sunny:

Ok, here's my official check-in for the week -
I lost .6 this week and am now down to 193.4 so I still have 1.2 lbs. to lose to get down to 10 lbs. lost total. This is coming off very slowly in my eyes. However, I am still losing even if it's just a little bit each week. I need to boost my metabolism somehow.

Ursalas Shadow - I hope that you did better than I did this week. I didn't meet my little mini-goal. So my new mini-goal for next week is 1.2 lbs. Do you want to join me again?

AlaskaMOM - First of all, I love Alaska. I spent a month up there in '94 and had an awesome time at a Solstice party in Anchorage. I will never forget it. Also, I know what you mean about the Pepsi, for me it is Coke. I think I was totally addicted. I try to only allow myself one a week but when my DH has one, it's really tough for me. Hang in there, sounds like you are doing great!

MollySeven - Good job at staying away from the doritos. They have 100 calorie doritos now and they actually taste pretty good but I think they contain something that doesn't agree with my system. You might want to check them out. They come in nice sized portioned bags.

jayna - keep it up, good job on your trip to Chicago!

O2bacelt - Aunt Flo can really mess things up can't she? I'm sure you'll have much better luck at your next weigh-in.

StichIsOurHero - Thanks for keeping us going. I really need to work on the exercise thing too. I wish that I had a gym in my house but that's an expense I can't afford right now so, I need to get on the 20 year old exercise bike and enjoy it!!

OhMom - great loss this week! I'm jealous! The buddy system would have been great if we hadn't gone out of town this weekend BUT it was really nice spending time with my parents and other family.

NikiM20 - You are doing fantastic on this challenge! What is your secret?

To everyone else - Keep up the great work and remember why you are doing this? Won't it be great to lose a dress size or more possibly by Labor Day?! For me that means new clothes for fall/winter. No more 16X for me!! I am aiming for a Misses size 14.

Have a great week everyone!!!

WOO-HOO! I met my mini-goal! Lost 3 lbs this week and broke into the 170's!
Hang in there, Naisy68. It took me 3 weeks to get to a weigh-in with a decent weight loss. Darn these plateaux! I'm game for another challenge if you are...mine is to lose at least 1.5 lbs this week by sticking to core plan, and NOT using any flex points that I didn't earn by exercise! I'll keep adding the 2 extra bottles of water, if only because it's been so darn hot.

UrsulasShadow said:
WOO-HOO! I met my mini-goal! Lost 3 lbs this week and broke into the 170's!...

Great job!! You give me hope. I am so happy for you! I can't wait until I get down into the 170s! I can hardly wait until I get down to the 180s.
Keep up the great work!! I will try harder now to make my mini-goal for next week.

just popping in while i have a chance -- i took a part-part-time job and worked about 14 hrs this week. whew! LOL i'm not used to it though and working for me is on my feet mainly. anyhow -- sounds like we are still pumped! excellent! i was a bit bummed this morning i woke up feeling lean after a good workout last evening, etc; went to WI and was back up 1.2 lbs! see AlaskaMOM this is why we MUST overcome that urge!! not worth it! i still feel better and i'm going to move on mentally and forget it. TOM is here for me too so i'm going to blame hormones

ok Naisy now you got to work out the craving for your pizza -- no more pizza unless it's the healthy version for a while! ok? i actually like pizza hut thin crust veggie pizza when i need a pizza fix -- but to be honest i have come to prefer my own so i can control the toppings, etc. i use whole wheat pizza dough. matter of fact i have some in my freezer, but no oven until Sept! anyone ever grilled pizza?? i may this weekend!

today is a workout day off for me -- yesterday I did an anaerobic threshold testing at my fitness center, which is cool b/c i found out my individual max heart rate to be in fat burning zone, and how high to push it for interval workouts to maximize the fat burning. now let's just put this good info to use! LOL i'm actually waiting on my offiical workout plan from my fitness guru, but i do like having this info based on my own testing and not just a formula based on age and weight.

ursalas-- cyber high five for making your mini-goal!! :woohoo: and for everyone else who stuck to it and was rewarded with a lower number on their scale this week!! just think in 4 weeks how much that will be! than 6 weeks! then 10! little be little these small changes will make BIG changes!! we rock!

Hi All! :wave2:

Well, down another 2 lbs this week. Whoo hooo! I guess these hour-long sessions on the treadmill are working (even though they are KILLING me!!)

So I guess my stats are now 3.2/10 :goodvibes

WI day today. I can't believe I'm only down 0.5 pounds for the week, right back where I started when I came here, because the first couple weeks we had company and I actually gained instead of lost. So it's taken me 2 weeks to lose those 2 pounds! So now I'm at a net loss of 0 pounds.

Naisy- .6 lb loss is great, it's way (weigh?) better than staying the same, or heaven forbid a gain :scared1: Remember slow and steady wins the race!

Ursula- That is terrific, we all love to get a loss boost like that Good Going :woohoo:

ohmom- Yeah I do know about the evil scale, but it still calls to me.

Martymoose- 2 lbs thats great :Pinkbounc you know with all the work on the treadmill you're also gaining muscle, so you're slimming down your body, not just your number on the scale!

Simba- Sorry you're feeling bad about being where you started, but now that company's out of the way you can concentrate on you, and making you the healthiest you there is! :teeth:

As for me I did NOT get on the scale yesterday, but this morning, bright and early I was slinking back on, and NOTHING!!! I am still the same, oh well 10 lbs in 8 days was pretty good (I think I can handle a 2 day lull, but I hope not much more :goodvibes ) I've also been getting more exercise, long walks with doggie, lifting weights for my upper body, and numerous crunches, today I think I'll break out an exercise video and give that a shot.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone! :sunny: I'll be checking in again Sunday after I weigh in next.

I knew that I ate badly this week but I couldn't stop myself. I seriously need more willpower. I have managed to gain back the 2.4 that I had posted that I lost so now I am at 0/8 this week!! :confused3

RhondaW said:
I knew that I ate badly this week but I couldn't stop myself. I seriously need more willpower. I have managed to gain back the 2.4 that I had posted that I lost so now I am at 0/8 this week!! :confused3
I know how it is, Rhonda. I was doing so well, and today I couldn't resist a completely offplan snack. I'll pay for that at w/i next week, I just know it!
The important thing is to NOT beat yourself up over any indiscretion. Once it's done, it's done...move on from that point and tell yourself that you're STILL on track, you have NOT done irreparable damage to your diet, and every day is a new day, to feed your body what you know is good for it. Make choices you can be proud of. Enjoy every bite you put in your mouth, and put nothing in your mouth unless you can be nourished by it. Be proud of the fact that there has been NO net gain! Such a clean slate! What a great place to refresh your challenge to yourself!

3 pounds in one week is awesome missymouse congrats! :cheer2:
Don't you just love it when you get to put your new total up?

As for me I've been working hard (or at least harder than I have for quite some time) exercising everyday, and not cheating at all (I'm stunned)! Even being so "good" I've only lost 1 more pound, not complaining (maybe a little) but I'll take it! So that brings me a total of 11 pounds gone from starting and 6 pounds for the back to school challenge.
Have a great day everyone :teeth:

finally something!
I'm down 1.5 out of 15. Took longer than I'd like, but I'll take it anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter