• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backpacks on rides

mjlass11

Mouseketeer
I have gotten horrible blisters on my feet, despite using moleskin, during my last 2 visits to Disney. This trip, I was considering bringing a backpack and putting a second pair of shoes in it. Can this be brought on coasters/rides? If not, what do you do with them when you go on rides? There's no extra person to hang on to them.... I don't think that Disney has storage lockers like Universal.... Thanks for any advice

At your feet for everything except Soarin' (you leave it on the floor) and Flight of Passage (it goes in a bin behind the ride vehicles), I believe.

I just put the bag on the floor of most rides. There may be lockers for the water rides? FOP is in a compartment as PP mentioned. Star Tours has space under your seat.

Yes to all the previous posters' info.

Additionally, there are lockers (I used one in Epcot a couple weeks ago--it cost $10) near the front of all four parks, so you can stow your pack and come back for it when you want it again. Just be warned that sometimes the front of the park might be quite far away from where you are when you want your pack.

The lockers in Epcot, for example, are approximately across from Spaceship Earth, so if you needed your shoes when you were in the World Showcase, you would not be amused.

For Kali River Rapids at DAK, there are free lockers near the ride entrance. If you can't find them, just ask and someone will show you. No way do you want to take your pack on that ride. There's nowhere to put it and it'll get soaked. Bad enough that you'll get soaked!

Yes to all the previous posters' info.

Additionally, there are lockers (I used one in Epcot a couple weeks ago--it cost $10) near the front of all four parks, so you can stow your pack and come back for it when you want it again. Just be warned that sometimes the front of the park might be quite far away from where you are when you want your pack.

The lockers in Epcot, for example, are approximately across from Spaceship Earth, so if you needed your shoes when you were in the World Showcase, you would not be amused.

For Kali River Rapids at DAK, there are free lockers near the ride entrance. If you can't find them, just ask and someone will show you. No way do you want to take your pack on that ride. There's nowhere to put it and it'll get soaked. Bad enough that you'll get soaked!
You were reading my mind at Epcot, because that’s where it happened! Thanks everyone for the info!!

I have gotten horrible blisters on my feet, despite using moleskin, during my last 2 visits to Disney. This trip, I was considering bringing a backpack and putting a second pair of shoes in it. Can this be brought on coasters/rides? If not, what do you do with them when you go on rides? There's no extra person to hang on to them.... I don't think that Disney has storage lockers like Universal.... Thanks for any advice
FYI I was constantly getting blisters until I got sneakers with more support. Maybe you should try different sneakers?

Same.. I always carry one of the Loungefly bags and always end up putting my "inside foot" through the straps... just in case. Never had an issue!

Also, you can get Blister pads. I found some at Meijer (not sure if they have them where you are) and they're great! I always carry some, in my backpack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter