Backpacks?

Bgonzalez

Earning My Ears
Hi,

One more question.... Promise =)

Are the backpacks necessary? Not much of a backpack girl so I wanted to see if I made room in my ONE (darn it) suitcase or not.

Thanks!

Barb

Hi,

One more question.... Promise =)

Are the backpacks necessary? Not much of a backpack girl so I wanted to see if I made room in my ONE (darn it) suitcase or not.

Thanks!

Barb

Great question, I was wondering the same thing!

Last year we brought only one of our two. I used it as my airplane carryon, and we found it to be very handy on the long days away from the hotel for water bottles, umbrellas, etc. This year we have 5 (!) and my boys have already bequeathed theirs to me. :) They're in Paris at the moment (our Imperial Cities AbD is next week) with much bigger backpacks!

So, no, not necessary.

It may not be necessary, but it CAN be darn handy to have! Last year (London/Paris) it rained nearly every day and EVERYONE had at least 1 backpack/family. It was necessary for ponchos, umbrellas, water, etc. We are going on Imperial Cities this year and yes, we will take at least one along. I don't particularly care for backpacks either, but they can hold additional clothing if you should need it.

I used mine only as an airplane carry-on. I had a small travelers purse (with lots of security features) that I used for the daily outings. Lots of others used their backpacks on a daily basis, though, especially the families.

Thanks to all of you for the valuable info. Since there is only my daughter (16) and I, I think we are only going to bring one of them. Can't wait, the trip will be here before I know it!!!

Thank you so much for all your wonderful responses.

I think I'll be okay w/ my bigger shoulder bag =)

No kids on this trip sp all those extras don't need to be packed!

ok We got our backpacks, and are trying to get through the summer to finally get to late July. We are doing spirit of America starting July 26. Some people are saying I could do all this for less, but I'm not sure they value the concept of enjoying and relaxing instead of coordinating everything. We are hoping to hit a concert at washington monument, eat philly steaks, and participate in WILLIAMSBURG program. ANyone else on this one? I am taking my 10 year old daughter, a d hope she'll be a little more into history.
Let me know about any trip reports as well.
tHANKS AND HAVE A MAGICAL DAY,
Vicky SPencer
Vacation bY v

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter