• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backstage Magic - Jimmy Kimmel?

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
From what I understand, the guides conduct a lottery to decide which people get to see the taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show. The show normally tapes at 6 pm (from the website), but the taping on 6/3/09 (during our tour) will be done early, at 5 pm. Can anyone tell me what time you usually get back to the hotel the second day of the tour (after visit to Jim Henson studios, possible other stops, etc.)? I would hate to miss the taping just because it is early that day, although I think the guides might alter the tour schedule to make sure we're back in time for the taping.

Hi GirlFromTN,

From what I understand, the guides conduct a lottery to decide which people get to see the taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show.

I will be on this trip also, and am so excited. I am not sure what time
we get back, but, I do know that you can get your own tickets to the
show by going to the Jimmy Kimmel website.

Last I checked, tickets are still avaliable, and easy to obtain, only
takes a few moments.

This way you do not have to worry about the lottery.

Chris

Last year we got back to the Hotel close to 4pm.
Our last stop of the day was Walt's Barn and a ride on the RR.

If your heart is set on seeing Kimmel, I would get tickets prior to your trip if they are available. Our group was small , so there was no issue on who got
tickets , they had 8 tickets and only eight wanted to go. We had 21 on our group.

There is alot of time during that taping that you just sit around doing nothing.

Enjoy the adventure of a lifetime.

Thanks for the info! If we get back to hotel by 4, that should be enough time to get over to the Jimmy Kimmel show. I am sure the guides will probably make sure we get back in time anyway. I ordered tickets from the website too, just to be safe.

I would not count on a time adjustment for that. The Kimmel show is merely something they offer if they get tickets and Walt's Train Barn and the RR
is much more a scheduled and priority event.

Some trips have not had tickets offered because there was not taping on the day.

Getting your own is the best way to go.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

We got back closer to 4:30 then had ice cream at the soda shoppe. The people who wanted to go to the show had to hustle. We had planned on going but changed our mind after the long day, but those who went had a nice time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter