Bald Eagles!

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
While riding the boat from OKW to DD today, we were thrilled to see a bald eagle perched in a pine near DI.

As we approached, the elegant creature spread it's wings and took flight, soaring high above the trees near DI/DD/PI.

What a magnificent sight!

After you pass the boat dock at DI, look to the left. In the pine grove just before the DI townhouse villas, the eagles often seek out a vantage point in the branches. Ask the boat driver for help locating the raptors!

Well worth a trip to DD!

Wow, that's incredible! Thanks for the tip, Doc.

We see them all the time in CT! You can easily spot them, they fly very high up and have a terrific wingspan! Once, they are perched they are quite magnificant, but covert!

Thank God our forefathers chose the bald eagle instead of the turkey. We have many of them as well, and they are not nearly as eliquaint!

Can't remember the right name - Flight something show at Animal Kingdom, but the show shows and talks about all types of birds from around the world. At the end of the show the drama is the excitement of all of us taking care of the environment and thus because of this the Bald Eagle is no longer on the endangered species list. What a site at the show; I can only imagine the thrill of seeing a beautiful Bald Eagle in passing and the backdrop being OKW. It gives me chills and proves magic is all around!

Be careful of those eagles. I'm not sure what kind it was, but here in New England...New Hampshire actually, there was some kind of eagle near extinction who was "attacking" people. Actually pecking them on the head. Injured a child at one point and was trying to "play" volleyball on the beach:confused: They did eventually "trap" him, but that also took a couple days. He wouldn't even go after the food they kept leaving him.

I didn't know they had bald eagles in Florida or Conn. for that matter, we have lots here in Alaska but I've never heard of them attacking people. There have been several small dogs carried away though! :eek:
Kim

We just returned from our Disney trip and stopped at KSC after the cruise. While we where walking to our car we saw a Bald Eagle fly right over us and land in the trees. What a beautiful bird.

Ed

Very cool, Doc. Thanks for the info! We'll have to check it out when we're in WDW this November. :)

Niagra...you're thinking of 'Flights of Wonder'. Great show! :)

We have lots of bald eagles here in Minnesota. It is the most successful recovery effort of an endangered species so far. We actually have whole flocks of them along the Mississippi River.

We also saw one last Jan, on the path from VWL to FW!!! I think he was doing some "fishing," flying in big circles over the lake! What a sight, then we saw deer several times on our walk. I'm convinced this little adventure helped me to persuade dh into buying dvc!

The driver of the boat from BWV to MGM pointed out an eagles' nest in the trees on the left side just before arrival at the MGM dock last December, but we were not lucky enough to see any eagles. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter