Banked Points Allocation??

FrannyFrogs

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if the thing I want to do is possible, please advise me?

We bought a resale Dec UY contract earlier this year with these points:
100 2022 points banked into 2023
100 2023 points
100 2024 points etc

I booked a BWV reservation for July, using exactly 100 points (it took the banked 2022 points).
Then I booked an AUL reservation for May, using exactly 100 points (it took the 2023 points).

Is it possible to cancel the BWV and reallocate points, so that Aulani uses the banked 2022 points?
If so, will I be able to bank the 2023 points into 2024? Or will they be in holding and need to be used the end of the use year, Nov 30?
If the points can't be reallocated, I could cancel the BWV and then the banked 2022 points would need to be used by Nov 30 (but NOT in holding, so I'd have a little more flexibility), right?

I'm not sure if the thing I want to do is possible, please advise me?

We bought a resale Dec UY contract earlier this year with these points:
100 2022 points banked into 2023
100 2023 points
100 2024 points etc

I booked a BWV reservation for July, using exactly 100 points (it took the banked 2022 points).
Then I booked an AUL reservation for May, using exactly 100 points (it took the 2023 points).

Is it possible to cancel the BWV and reallocate points, so that Aulani uses the banked 2022 points?
If so, will I be able to bank the 2023 points into 2024? Or will they be in holding and need to be used the end of the use year, Nov 30?
If the points can't be reallocated, I could cancel the BWV and then the banked 2022 points would need to be used by Nov 30 (but NOT in holding, so I'd have a little more flexibility), right?
If you call member services they can reallocate the points. If you're canceling BWV regardless, you may do that before you call.

You can ask Member Services, but sounds like the points for the May reservation would go into holding and would be restricted.

If this is the case, you may be better off with with the banked points outside of holding.

Thank you!

What would happen if I just cancel BWV? Would the system really use my current 2023 points on Aulani, and leave me with banked points in my account?

Thank you!

What would happen if I just cancel BWV? Would the system really use my current 2023 points on Aulani, and leave me with banked points in my account?

Yes. Reallocation is not automatic. It had to be done by the member, or have MS do it at the request of the number.

If you were 31 days or more from your trip, it would not be an issue to reallocate. But, since any change to the May trip results in holding, those points will be restricted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter