"Barcelona Shuttle Service" -- anyone use them?

thinkoflaura

Mouseketeer
I know a lot of Med Cruisers are planning their transfers now...

Anyone booking a transfer through Barcelona Shuttle Service?

http://www.barcelona-shuttle-service.com/

So far their price has been the best and they've been very friendly and responsive via email.

Anyone use them in the past? Would love your reviews.

Thanks!

We didn't use that particular shuttle service when we were in Barcelona last year, so I can't speak to how good they are.

If you need alternatives, however, I can recommend the service we did use: TaxiVanBCN (website is their name dotcom). They charged us 60 EU to transport 4 from the BCN airport to a hotel in the heart of the city. We needed a child seat in the vehicle, so our options were limited, but we were pleased with TaxiVanBCN. They waited on us for a long time due to a missed connection and didn't charge us any extra or complain about the delay.

HTH!

thanks so much for the tip about resort hopper... i checked their site, it doesn't seem like they're right for our party of 5... but I have it bookmarked for other excursions.

i requested a quote from taxivanbcn -- they haven't responded. but I appreciate the lead!

I've been emailing back and forth with the Barcelona Shuttle Service and feel pretty confident that they will be a good fit for us. Best price quote of about a half dozen places I've checked... and they are trying to be very accommodating.

I checked Barcelona Shuttle and thought they were outrageous! We are booked with Barcelona Sun Transfers, same vehicle, 1/2 the price!

I checked Barcelona Shuttle and thought they were outrageous! We are booked with Barcelona Sun Transfers, same vehicle, 1/2 the price!

We used sun transfers last summer for our party of 4. We were not impressed. It turned out to cost more than a taxi. The car was a taxi! Not what they show on the web site. The driver got turned around a couple times too.
We are going again this summer and will use someone else.

Jill

We used sun transfers last summer for our party of 4. We were not impressed. It turned out to cost more than a taxi. The car was a taxi! Not what they show on the web site. The driver got turned around a couple times too.
We are going again this summer and will use someone else.

Jill

thanks for the review, jill --
who will you be using?

Is it not possible to just hail a cab and get a ride to your hotel?

i'm sure it is!

we'll be a party of 5 though (including 2 old folks and a 6 year old). it will be a lot easier for us if transport is pre-arranged -- plus, we'd probably need 2 taxis to accommodate our group.

There is a "skybus" service that runs every 12-15 minutes from the airport into the city. It is very cheap and stops just around the corner from the AC Diplomatic where we are staying.

Last year we just took a cab to our hotel from the airport, which cost us about $50. The hotel was about a mile from the cruise terminal. It was very convenient.

thanks for the review, jill --
who will you be using?

We are staying at the Novotel, Last time we were in Las Ramblas. I think we are just going to get a taxi at the airport. We are a party of 4. We had 4 bags plus our 4 smaller carry ons, The trunk was packed and my husband had a suitcase in his lap. My kids stuff was in their laps too. Which was great since our driver was driving like a crazy woman, I thought it would be a good airbag. :)

Other people on our "cruise meet" were not impressed w/ Sun either. I think 3 of us used them.

We also just waved down a cab to get to the port. In this cab, the driver roped the trunk with it slightly open for the bags, plus bags in our laps. He was a much more cautious driver.

If anyone has stayed at the Novotel, I'm looking for transportation ideas.

(We have too much stuff for the train) So if you are cabbing it, keep your luggage space in mind.

IMG_1565.jpg

Jill

We used Barcelona Airport Transfers. I am not sure how they compare with yours, but they were on time, great vehicles, clean and efficient drivers.

We used them on two separate cruises. They knew exactly what they were doing, and once we put our luggage in the minibus (he had a box on the back for the cases), the next time we saw it was in our cabins, because he called the porters over, put it on the trolleys and sorted it all out for us.

For a group of five or six, they were cheaper than a cab each. I paid on line, they confirmed by email. I did email a couple of days before we left, just to confirm the booking was in their diary, which is was!

Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter