BBC Summer Holiday - Florida

bengunn

Pirate Member
BBC Summer Holiday at 7pm tonight is all about Florida.

Thought you all might like to know. :Pinkbounc

I mustn't forget this program!!! I'll be kicking myself if I do :rolleyes:

Penny :D

Well we're kickin ourselves, as usual :( Forgot- again!

Caught the end and the little bit on Boggy Creek and The Peabody Ducks looked like we missed a good report.

Anyone know if it's gonna be repeated on BBCChoice or similar?

Well I hoped to watch it when I came back from badminton tonight - only to find it had switched channels and my VCR has recorded the tennis instead. :(

I'm not a happy bunny - I especially wanted to watch the bit on the Keys and Fort Lauderdale :mad:

I've just discovered (from the BBC website) that this programme is scheduled for Thu 4 Jul, 04:05 - 04:35 on BBC1.

Now, if I can remember to set the VCR again.........

:( Yep . . .I've just recorded the tennis as well:mad:

Sorry all you Wombles out there, but give me the holiday programme any day (I'd even watch Emmerdale instead of, yawn, the tennis. Sorry, grovel, sorry.

I watched it, thought it was quite good.

They showed that humungous shopping mall at Fort Lauderdale. Dh tried to distract me but to no avail. Do you think it's doable as a day trip from Orlando? ;)

I managed to catch the programme and thought it was one of the best the BBC have done. I liked the review of car boots (trunks!) - very useful.

It was nice to see a glimpse of Primieval Wirl (sp?) too.

Caroley

I went down to Sawgrass Mills 2 years ago and was quite disapointed by it. Yeah its big but there was nothing different to what you get in the outlet malls around Orlando.
In my humble opinion its not worth the long drive.

It was quite a good programme though, going to go and do the canoeing when I go over in August, that looked fun.
cheers

webby3

I was pleasantly surprised as it was a good report; Holiday seems to be much better this series.

There were plenty of less usual activities covered like surf lessons at TL before it opens, the Peabody Hotel ducks, Boggy Creek airboats.

Why did the BBC changes channels as the tennis should have been on BBC2 at that time and everyone gets BBC2 nowadays?

Well I too recorded the tennis :rolleyes:

Where is the logic in changing channels - absolutely unnecessary, don't they think about the folk who are not at home and recording programmes? :mad:

For those who are going to tape the repeat can I just say that I tried once before to tape a Florida early morning programme and didn't get that either, as they changed the time it was shown! So when you set you tape it's a good idea to add at least an hour either side, more if you have a 4 hour tape, and just keep your fingers crossed!

Good Luck :D

i thought it was an excellent program - i've not been since 1990 so it was good to actually see what some of the new rides look like :)

the trunk size guide was good but i thought they must have been sponsored by dollar or alamo though - how many people watching that will decide to upgrade to a full size in the future???:rolleyes:

well done bbc for a good insight into other orlando attractions too

I don't want to pour cold water on everyone who plans to tape the repeat (me included) BUT, I've just checked my Sky digital TV guide and gues what - on Thursday it shows Wimbledon for the best part of the afternoon. I couldn't see it on BBC2 either.

Just in case Sky had boobed, I checked my weekly TV guide and that shows Wimbledon too - I suppose the Beeb fogot about it when they planned the Holiday repeat!

I can feel an e-mail to the Beeb coming on................

Maxine

Maxine - the repeat is scheduled for 4:00 in the morning.

They're not showing the tennis that early, are they? Mind you, nothing would surprise me........

Duhhh!

I didn't notice that. I've just got to figure out how to set the video now!:o

Maxine

I thought it was a really good report for a change, normally you don't get to see as much.

Can anyone tell me what the ride Roland Riveron was on, it was spinning and had about four people in it, it looked quite good. :cool:

Thanks

Helen :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter